Daddy To Triplet Girls & Mummy To Triplet Girls #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i still can't get my head around the fact that Alex has talked previously about his issues with food, yet he doesn't seem to be doing anything to help Lottie and prevent her developing struggles with food and eating which could easily lead to a disordered relationship with food in the future - especially as she's likely to be far more susceptible to developing an eating disorder as her father sufferers from one. i have anorexia, and if I have kids, I know damn well that I would do absolutely anything to protect them and ensure they were exposed as little as possible to the toxicity of diet culture - whereas Char and Alex talk about dieting around the kids on a regular basis - and get advice and support on how to help my child of they were struggling with food at such a young age - regardless of the reason - to try and resolve any problems as soon as possible. I certainly would never shame them or make them feel uncomfortable or thrive on them being upset because it could be used for content. 😔

poor Lottie is going to have horrible associations even with sitting at the dining table, with memories of being forced to sit staring at a cold plate of food that she doesn't want, while her brother and sisters sit right in front of her eating ice cream and being praised for finishing their meals, while she is just sighed at with exasperation. the situation at the moment, and seeing Lottie so distressed around food and struggling to eat to the point she's clearly malnourished, is heartbreaking - but failing to help her now, and treating her as a nuisance, is setting her up for real issues in the future. if she struggles with textures/taste, has little interest in eating and will only eat a very limited variety of foods - to the point she's visibly underweight and malnourished - she could quite easily be suffering from ARFID, which is an eating disorder in its own right, and needs proper and effective treatment. they claim to be working with a nutritionalist, yet I would be genuinely shocked if any professional was happy with Lottie's health or her current relationship with food. 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I hate the way he says well done to them all the time as well, eat your food, well done, even though she clearly wasn't going to. He said it the other day too when they came back inside to eat after dropping the curry all over the floor, yeah well done 🙄👏👏

Reactions: 3
i still can't get my head around the fact that Alex has talked previously about his issues with food, yet he doesn't seem to be doing anything to help Lottie and prevent her developing struggles with food and eating which could easily lead to a disordered relationship with food in the future - especially as she's likely to be far more susceptible to developing an eating disorder as her father sufferers from one. i have anorexia, and if I have kids, I know damn well that I would do absolutely anything to protect them and ensure they were exposed as little as possible to the toxicity of diet culture - whereas Char and Alex talk about dieting around the kids on a regular basis - and get advice and support on how to help my child of they were struggling with food at such a young age - regardless of the reason - to try and resolve any problems as soon as possible. I certainly would never shame them or make them feel uncomfortable or thrive on them being upset because it could be used for content. 😔

poor Lottie is going to have horrible associations even with sitting at the dining table, with memories of being forced to sit staring at a cold plate of food that she doesn't want, while her brother and sisters sit right in front of her eating ice cream and being praised for finishing their meals, while she is just sighed at with exasperation. the situation at the moment, and seeing Lottie so distressed around food and struggling to eat to the point she's clearly malnourished, is heartbreaking - but failing to help her now, and treating her as a nuisance, is setting her up for real issues in the future. if she struggles with textures/taste, has little interest in eating and will only eat a very limited variety of foods - to the point she's visibly underweight and malnourished - she could quite easily be suffering from ARFID, which is an eating disorder in its own right, and needs proper and effective treatment. they claim to be working with a nutritionalist, yet I would be genuinely shocked if any professional was happy with Lottie's health or her current relationship with food. 💔
My son has arfid, and it is hard work for him and me, he can't stand to be around us when we are eating, he has very limited food intake and will only eat one certain hot meal, thankfully hes a good weight but his diet is poor, but it makes me sad that lottie can't express how she is feeling around food, only in the last few months my son has opened up to me about how he feels around food and it breaks my heart that he has these feelings, now when it comes to dinner I always ask him what he wants for dinner just incase he asks for a proper meal, but I know his answer will always be weetabix, I just hope they read here and seek advice instead of forcing her to eat as shes too young to express herself or too scared to say something. It's clearly a conversation the whole family has, as whoever that bloke was said as usual lottie. I make sure when we go for dinner anywhere I will text everyone to not even ask my son what he is eating as soon as food is mentioned he goes into his own world, and he will get a pudding if he chooses too, whether he's eaten or not I will not punish my son for struggling to eat food

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My son has arfid, and it is hard work for him and me, he can't stand to be around us when we are eating, he has very limited food intake and will only eat one certain hot meal, thankfully hes a good weight but his diet is poor, but it makes me sad that lottie can't express how she is feeling around food, only in the last few months my son has opened up to me about how he feels around food and it breaks my heart that he has these feelings, now when it comes to dinner I always ask him what he wants for dinner just incase he asks for a proper meal, but I know his answer will always be weetabix, I just hope they read here and seek advice instead of forcing her to eat as shes too young to express herself or too scared to say something. It's clearly a conversation the whole family has, as whoever that bloke was said as usual lottie. I make sure when we go for dinner anywhere I will text everyone to not even ask my son what he is eating as soon as food is mentioned he goes into his own world, and he will get a pudding if he chooses too, whether he's eaten or not I will not punish my son for struggling to eat food
It was clear that Lottie had eaten some food & first thing he should have done was praise her for what she had already eaten.
I’ll never forget the image of her sat at the table alone a few months back, Alex with the camera shoved in her face & from the sour puss on Charlottes face it was obvious there was a lot of tension in the room, probably aimed at Little Lottie. I really worry for her & hope someone from her school is watching & taking notes

• Sad
Reactions: 8
It was clear that Lottie had eaten some food & first thing he should have done was praise her for what she had already eaten.
I’ll never forget the image of her sat at the table alone a few months back, Alex with the camera shoved in her face & from the sour puss on Charlottes face it was obvious there was a lot of tension in the room, probably aimed at Little Lottie. I really worry for her & hope someone from her school is watching & taking notes
Also she's clearly a lot smaller than the other 2 and even Jimmy come to think of it, so maybe they should be making her portions smaller then giving her snacks throughout the evening like they had been advised to do, then she might get the praise the others do as she has been able to eat the smaller portion, or if they want her to eat all her dinner then ask her what she wants to eat, if it means her eating then it shouldn't matter having to make a different dinner from the other kids.

I wouldn’t eat the dog tit food they serve up!
I don’t blame Lottie!
Good should be appealing and colourful! Make meal times inviting!!

I cannot believe the others are eating Dessert in front of her!
My kids eat dinner! I try to make them all wait until everyone’s finished, on the odd occasion if someone’s taking forever they are then allowed down a smidge earlier.
Leave the kitchen whilst I clean up, and then those who have eaten sufficiently will get to come and have dessert!!
It’s a joke! Just one of many issues these kids will grow up with due to their parents actions!

I wouldn’t eat the dog tit food they serve up!
I don’t blame Lottie!
Good should be appealing and colourful! Make meal times inviting!!

I cannot believe the others are eating Dessert in front of her!
My kids eat dinner! I try to make them all wait until everyone’s finished, on the odd occasion if someone’s taking forever they are then allowed down a smidge earlier.
Leave the kitchen whilst I clean up, and then those who have eaten sufficiently will get to come and have dessert!!
It’s a joke! Just one of many issues these kids will grow up with due to their parents actions!
see, this is part of the reason why i struggle to believe Alex's claim that a nutritionalist is involved in Lottie's care and has absolutely no concerns about her weight or state of nutrition. unless Alex and Char outwardly lie about the food they feed Lottie - or massively embellish the spag bol they serve up every other day as being a nutritious meal, packed full of a range of colourful vegetables, as opposed to the reality - a jar of tomato sauce poured over pasta - because, as you say, the meals they feed the kids are brown and sloppy and not at all appealing. plus it's not like Lottie is refusing nutritious meals and wanting to stick
with a very limited range of foods that she perceives as safe - because even the blander foods like waffles and nuggets seem to be yet another meal she just picks at and pushed around her plate, entirely disinterested.

any pediatric dietitian would be advising that the family offer a variety of foods - different meals on different days, with varyibg ingredients, colours and textures etc, and pushing Alex and Char to actually put effort into encourage Lottie to eat and praising her for doing so - not leaving her on her own, miserable, to fend for herself, with the only attention they give her when they want to use her struggles for content. 😔

i imagine they would also likely suggest the family eat together and make meals times a relaxed environment where the family chat and engage with each other, to take the focus off the food and ease some of the pressure - y'know, like specifically not shoving cameras in the kids' faces while they're eating and distracting their focus from their meal, by expecting that than answer stupid and inane questions - particularly in Lottie's case, when the poor girl often looks overwhelmed, upset or uncomfortable - and certainly not to deny her a dessert if she doesn't complete a meal, or punish her by refusing to allow her to leave the table, yet giving all her siblings biscuits and ice cream to eat right in front of her, because that is completely cruel and unnecessary.

unfortunately, the Galbally's care far more about content than they do about their daughter's mental and physical health - and i can just imagine Char in particular snapping at Lottie when the camera isn't filming. there was a point Alex shared that the nutritionalist had prescribed supplemental build-up drinks for Lottie, but she only seemed to drink them once or twice - and it's not as though Char bothers to put any effort into bulking out Lottie's meals with milk, butter, cheese etc so that the small amount she does eat is far more nutritionally dense. I also cannot believe that the dietician involved in monitoring Lottie wouldn't have given the Galbally's a range of meal and snack ideas - like, snacks which are physically small in size - so not too filling - but nutritionally dense etc - yet they obvs just can't be bothered, and instead continue to serve the routine of spaghetti covered in tomato sauce and rice with curry sauce - generally always severely lacking in vegetables. Lottie is visibly much smaller than Jim and the twins and currently her body is used to eating far less than them - they're going to achieve nothing by forcing her to sit for hours at the table in front of a plate of cold food that she has no intention of eating, while the other kids eat desserts and play around her, and her parents make scathing comments. it's just going to make her dread meal times even more! it would be far more beneficial for them to serve her a smaller portion of each meal, allow her to eat the amount she can manage and react positively when she does eat, and she then take her plate away and offer her a snack a while later - like, break up her meals into smaller portions more regularly throughout the day, and she may do far better.

i mean, i'm not a professional, so i don't expect them to take any of my advice but if they care about Lottie at all, they should be listening to the advice from her nutritionalist and at the very least not be ridiculing and punishing her because she struggles with food. and honestly, if I were her parents, I would be far more concerned about her waifish, undernourished physical appearance, and using that to inspire me to improve my ability to prepare balanced, nutritious meals for my family - and potentially pushing for an assessment to determine why Lottie struggles so much with food, because anything like ARFID, she will do far better with in terms of making progress the earlier it's diagnosed. 😔 #saveLottie

• Heart
Reactions: 12
By the way, I saw Charlotte is losing followers. About a thousand in a few weeks….

• Wow
Yet again, poor Lottie is our case at the side of the photo instead of cuddled like the rest of the family #SaveLottie
I used to think Jimmy was quite cute.
Not so much now.
Not sure what happened, perhaps the hair and that ridiculous topknot!

Reactions: 6
The latest story of Alex’s where Lottie & Jimmy are doing “cheers” with their drinks.
Lottie now looks like a little waif beside Jimmy!
She really looks quite peaky and unwell too ☹

• Sad
The latest story of Alex’s where Lottie & Jimmy are doing “cheers” with their drinks.
Lottie now looks like a little waif beside Jimmy!
She really looks quite peaky and unwell too ☹
she looks so pale and waifish in the story you mention and while I know all children are different, I would be concerned if my five year old was noticeably smaller and more frail than my two year old. it's always very noticeable that Jimmy eats a huge amount more than Lottie - and again, children's appetites etc are different, but it's very obvious that it's more than that. Lottie very visibly struggles with food and it's clearly affecting her in terms of her overall health. 😔

Lottie is treated like the forgotten child. 💔

Reactions: 9
The photo Char has put up of the 3 girls lottie looks so ill she looks like she has lost even more weight, if I was them I wouldn't be waiting for the yearly check up I'd get her to the drs ASAP

• Sad
that photo that Char just shared of the three girls - there are no words to describe how unwell and fragile poor Lottie looks. her face is completely gaunt - especially in comparison to her sisters'. 💔

• Sad
I think I would be giving little lottie whatever she wanted to eat. I would have snacksize chocolates just for her and make her feel special. I would also buy smaller size clothes so they fit. She seems such a lovely natured little one.

Charlotte still doesn’t buy the correct sized clothes for her.
I was thinking that, I bet when clothes come as a 3 pack she buys the size the twins are and lottie just has to wear them, at least her wearing the right size clothes might not make her look as thin

Reactions: 5
I was thinking that, I bet when clothes come as a 3 pack she buys the size the twins are and lottie just has to wear them, at least her wearing the right size clothes might not make her look as thin
I reckon they would show how thin she really is if she were to wear the correct size.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.