Dad V Girls

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay i think it’s because Kaci showed and talked about her new makeup bag, which only came out today
She posted about it on her ig story the other day though so it seems strange, unless they wanted to wait until it actually went on sale so that people didn’t forget about it before then 😂

Reactions: 2
Not exactly copying is it? They do videos that are trending on youtube and so do Norris Nuts, not that I watch them. DVG do make their own video ideas too, like the lockdown Olympic games etc.
Your right lots of ‘samey’ vids - Stacey whatshername filled her bathroom with sand in January - dadvgirls did the same (although bigger) last week

Okay i think it’s because Kaci showed and talked about her new makeup bag, which only came out today
it could have been that but i also think there was building work going on in Grace's room so there might have been a delay with that which meant they wanted to wait until the majority of it was done before filming the video. I think you might be right though

Reactions: 5
Joel must have missed the swear on their tv doing the game - Kaci's Netflix user is 'Kaci-Jay witches' lmaooo

• Haha
it could have been that but i also think there was building work going on in Grace's room so there might have been a delay with that which meant they wanted to wait until the majority of it was done before filming the video. I think you might be right though
When/ where did they say about grace’s room’s building work? All i know of is Kaci’s wardrobe

Joel must have missed the swear on their tv doing the game - Kaci's Netflix user is 'Kaci-Jay witches' lmaooo
Omg do you have a time stamp for this

Last edited:
When/ where did they say about grace’s room’s building work? All i know of is Kaci’s wardrobe

Omg do you have a time stamp for this
When they were playing the teabag game in their latest video. The Netlfix profiles are on the TV behind them, you can see Sophie's name first then Kaci\s to the left.

Reactions: 1
Just watching Grace's new video - I'm a bit confused as how she doesn't know when she is going into year 9? Surely that's kind of obvious that it's September....

Reactions: 4
What did everybody think of their latest video? Last to fall asleep? Do you think that Joel faked falling asleep in order for the video not to be too long?

What did everybody think of their latest video? Last to fall asleep? Do you think that Joel faked falling asleep in order for the video not to be too long?
Nah he was the first to fall asleep in the last one too - they said he's the type to turn a movie on and be asleep 2 mins in. Like all dads 😂

Wasn’t mad on the last to fall asleep challenge. I kind of thought it was a bit lacking. Like, with their videos, they’re usually well put together. Yeah they’re sat around for a lot out usually break it up with challenges and stuff to make the video interesting. But this was very dull I thought. Started off well but once the parents went to bed it was just Kaci off talking to her friends and Grace left on her own. No wonder she gave up.
I do think it’s good that the kids have actual life and it’s not a ‘drop everything for YouTube’ situation with them but it seems like they’re less bothered these days. Same with the last to leave the beach/10000 calorie challenge. It’s like there was no effort put in which is a shame.
I think they’ve definitely fallen into the ‘we’re big youtubers now. We don’t have to try as hard’

Reactions: 9
They said something about keeping their bubble private in the latest vid... but they admitted they had people in their bubble who they worked with

Reactions: 1
i felt today’s video was just not it. they don’t seem to be the same. i rewatched one of the earlier shopping challenges from around to years ago. the main differences:
one the children get things. this they don’t.
they don’t have to do ridiculous challenges to get lunch (ik it’s for interest i just didn’t like it)
and they seemed so rich. i don’t know just all the designer stuff and apple stuff it just didn’t sit right IMO.
Wasn’t mad on the last to fall asleep challenge. I kind of thought it was a bit lacking. Like, with their videos, they’re usually well put together. Yeah they’re sat around for a lot out usually break it up with challenges and stuff to make the video interesting. But this was very dull I thought. Started off well but once the parents went to bed it was just Kaci off talking to her friends and Grace left on her own. No wonder she gave up.
I do think it’s good that the kids have actual life and it’s not a ‘drop everything for YouTube’ situation with them but it seems like they’re less bothered these days. Same with the last to leave the beach/10000 calorie challenge. It’s like there was no effort put in which is a shame.
I think they’ve definitely fallen into the ‘we’re big youtubers now. We don’t have to try as hard’

i felt today’s video was just not it. they don’t seem to be the same. i rewatched one of the earlier shopping challenges from around to years ago. the main differences:
one the children get things. this they don’t.
they don’t have to do ridiculous challenges to get lunch (ik it’s for interest i just didn’t like it)
and they seemed so rich. i don’t know just all the designer stuff and apple stuff it just didn’t sit right IMO.
I usually really enjoy their videos but it does bug me a little that they’re teaching their (older) girls to be so materialistic and obsessed with brands.

Kaci (I assume) thinks she’s going to be a mega- successful YTer who’s going to be able to buy designer goods for life.

What would happen if they went into a career like nursing and couldn’t afford to drop hundreds on a pair of trainers. Are they going to be financially supported for life? It just irks me that they’re not really teaching them the value of money and Joel and Sarah are giving them very expensive tastes, which they may not be able to afford in future. Like 50 for one meal for one person is ridiculous. That may be their food budget for the week in the future.

I think there’s a massive difference in how they parent Sophie and Chloe to Kaci and Grace. They seem to be very disciplined with the younger girls while the older ones are taught to be obsessed with brands because their parents are.

Reactions: 9
did anyone else notice how Kaci called £70 trainers very cheap. For a lot of people that’s a really expensive pair of shoes!

also Joel asking who would pick aniPad Air, still £700!
Not hating on them just viewing how materialistic they’re becoming!

Reactions: 12
I actually liked today’s video. Thought it was good idea challenge wise. Yeah it was a bit much with all the designer gear but then on the other hand, they’re clearly well off and big into their labels so I think it would come off a bit disingenuous if they were always talking about budgeting and acting like they don’t usually spend the kind of money they do.

Maybe if that’s the way they spend they should reconsider the effect it’s having on their children’s perception of money, they’re never going to be happy if they have a taste of the high life and have to start having more realistic expectations.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.