Dad V Girls

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They should of done it where they had to buy non-branded clothes or supermarket clothes ect. Show the girls you don't have to splurge £200 for a nice pair of jeans ect.

Reactions: 5
I enjoyed the concept of the video but very much agree with the materialistic points. Also there was waaaaay too many ads in the video and given that it was already sponsored it just wasn't so necessary.

I don't have an issue with sponsored videos BUT notice how joel used reebok or (something relatively high street) trainers to show that you can get a discount?.... why did they need to put the designer items bit in the challenge if you clearly won't get discount on those!

They've definitely become more of a sell out. I prefer Roland's channel he and his kids are very humble and genuine

Reactions: 6
I think people are forgetting they had money and bought high end/designer things before Youtube, they just show it more on camera now. I’d rather they showed what they’re actually like than buy cheaper stuff on camera for the sake of being “relatable”. I liked the concept of the video but there’s other videos of theirs I preferred, tbh I think Joel hyped it up a bit too much beforehand 😂

Reactions: 9
I just wished they showed what and how Grace bought to spend exactly £20.21 on chocolate and that they had put ad in the title 😩 I think they’re capable of doing so much more and better style content, but they either don’t feel the need to because they’re big on YouTube now or they aren’t sure what direction they want to go in

I actually loved this weeks vidio i though it was such a unique idea because no ones done it before

Reactions: 2
Unpopular opinion, but I’ve actually really liked this video

thought they were literally gonna splurge on everything but they didn’t, it literally fit within their usual budget
I haven’t seen anything out of the ordinary in this video

Reactions: 12
I just think they’re obsessed with brands in general, not this vid particularly

I really liked the concept of the video and tbh, they never actually bought a lot of the things - many of them were simply in their baskets and even when Grace 'won' the chocolate challenge, we really don't know if they actually bought them or just said it for the video. Same for a lot of the other stuff that was 'won'. I think a lot of it is just said for content.

Yeah designer clothing is expensive but Kaci is literally decked out in Essentials head to toe, in various colours without any challenges as is Joel so if they buy that stuff on the regular (and always have) then it is ingenious of them to pretend they wouldn't buy it otherwise. Plus they're literally playing a game and they know each other well enough to know they ain't asking for some Reeboks 😂 I cant believe Kaci really buys so much from that resell site though!! Its so overpriced - they may as well get a personal shopper!

EDIT: The way Sarah said ASOS killed me. AH-SOS? Do you guys say it like that or like me who say AY-SOS?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I really liked the concept of the video and tbh, they never actually bought a lot of the things - many of them were simply in their baskets and even when Grace 'won' the chocolate challenge, we really don't know if they actually bought them or just said it for the video. Same for a lot of the other stuff that was 'won'. I think a lot of it is just said for content.

Yeah designer clothing is expensive but Kaci is literally decked out in Essentials head to toe, in various colours without any challenges as is Joel so if they buy that stuff on the regular (and always have) then it is ingenious of them to pretend they wouldn't buy it otherwise. Plus they're literally playing a game and they know each other well enough to know they ain't asking for some Reeboks 😂 I cant believe Kaci really buys so much from that resell site though!! Its so overpriced - they may as well get a personal shopper!

EDIT: The way Sarah said ASOS killed me. AH-SOS? Do you guys say it like that or like me who say AY-SOS?
Its disingenuous to do a sponsored video about coupons/ discount that would clearly only be available in places they don't shop in .... they could have done a better video for the ad like buying each others outfits and guessing how much each item was

Its disingenuous to do a sponsored video about coupons/ discount that would clearly only be available in places they don't shop in .... they could have done a better video for the ad like buying each others outfits and guessing how much each item was
They shop at ASOS, JD, Zara, etc? All these can be applied using the coupon website? I dont see your point?

And I prefer the video idea here. Its more entertaining than them guessing outfit prices.

Reactions: 4

I noticed her pronunciation of ASOS too😂 I say ay-sos

can I just clarify my comment is about them spending hundreds on designer items and my point is that this may not be always be possible for the girls in future unless they’re going to be bank rolled for life. They may need to be on a budget in future and they are being shown a very hard to maintain way of life.

Reactions: 3
wasn't it said on here a while back that they were already into big brand names before YouTube? I didn't like the video or the last to stay awake one. but i do like the fact that they don't fake who they are or try to be something else. They like designer, they show them selves bickering ( lockdown Olympics Joel jumper rant lol ) they keep it real. I wouldn't pay more than €10 for a t shirt and even at that i find it pricey. For Kaci I think her love for designers will push her to have a good job and earn a good wage.

I don’t know what Kaci will do if she’s not an “influencer”. From what she has said I doubt uni is an option.

How do people know what they wore before YT? Did they have a big following on other Social media?

Reactions: 1
I don’t know what Kaci will do if she’s not an “influencer”. From what she has said I doubt uni is an option.

How do people know what they wore before YT? Did they have a big following on other Social media?
I think she said in one of her videos she wanted to do something to do with dance/physiotherapy??? Could be wrong though lmao

Reactions: 1
You for sure would need a degree for physio though My cousin is one and I thought her job was easier than it was but she’s on call a lot to do CPR and first response and things

Since lockdown, Kaci has said she reevaluated her seriousness with school. Before she really didn't care as she wanted to be on YT but has said since, she wants to go to college. She'll do something artsy I reckon, she seems creative and outgoing.

No, they didn't have a big presence on SM before YT but all of their early YT videos, they're all decked out in high street clothing. Kaci lived in branded clothing like Nike, Adidas, Champion etc which she's moved on from now. Same for the rest. You could just tell they had a certain comfortable lifestyle and the home they were living in previously was a million pound 😂

Reactions: 3
With all respect lots of people work hard and aren’t ever going to be able to drop hundreds of pounds on Gucci. She may be taking her school work more seriously but I wouldn’t assume she would be rich outside of YT/ Social Media from that 😂
The old house was rented from Joel’s family- they didn’t own it and probably didn’t pay market value rent and there’s a big difference between Nike and £400 Essentials tracksuits 😂

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.