Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ottilie

VIP Member
I genuinely like this family and i have defended them on here before but one thing that doesn't sit right with me is kacis new 'vintage' obsession i get its a trend and there is nothing wrong with liking vintage clothes but most vintage clothes are thrifted and from thrift stores. as thrifting and vintage is such a trend alot of ppl who can afford to but clothes are buying from these thrift stores and ppl who actually depend on these stores don't have anything because people see it as an aesthetic. what are you guys' opinion?
If I am being honest these guys are the most unorigional family I have ever met.

They will do and wear anything that everyone else is doing or wearing. If the new trend was walking around in a bin bag these guys would all be walking around in Gucci bin bags :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 9

GiggleBee

VIP Member
Did the older girls really need anymore trainers?! I used to love DadVGirls but theyve become like the inghams but with money. Yes there wasnt loads of gifts but Grace had the hoverboard thing infront of her then was passed another gift which was her 'main gift' aswell as the hunter wellies. Its all brands with them and very materialistic and I dont think there was any 'thoughtful' gifts really.

One of my Dads best presents this year was a map of england with all the rude place names on, didnt cost me alot but he loves maps and loves toilet humour. He's spent hours looking at it and texting me pictures of the funny names. That to me is what a thoughtful gift is. Not a pair of trainers with a brand name on them to go with the 400 other branded trainers.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

justwatching121

I agree but I still think that if they make a commitment to make content they should stick to it instead of constant ads.

Also there’s a big thing about parents profiting off of their children at the moment, essentially that’s what they’re doing
they started their channel years back and it was always called DadVGirls???? the girls were always involved in it and tbh they’re clearly what their fans want to see. children aren’t going to want to watch videos of just Joel and Sarah are they? Lol

Reactions: 8

E_Stevens2000

Chatty Member
I actually love watching this family - i think they've done a great job with all their kids. You can tell Grace is a really thoughtful, considerate girl especially when she donated her shopping budget to charity in one of their recent videos.

• Heart

Thatbbaskin

But when stacy soloman did it for her kids she was branded bipolar or crazy, attention seeking, must have a maid to clean it up and so on 😳 not saying any of you said it on her thread, just in general x

MissKnowItAll007

Did they not do the giveaway as a thank you to their subscribers? Yes i agree that it should have been said during the video it was the perfect chacne but then again its Joel his mind never stays on one thing long enough.

I think its nice to hear how far they have come and if they had a little family help or not its still nice to see people doing well. People can have their own opinions on things and if you don't agree with it its not a reason to argue with them. Joel has a weird sense of humor and I don't think the hamster remark was meant to be bad it was a joke to be honest I even gave a little laugh. I agree with him saying the name as he gave a fair reason as to way he picked the lad we'd all be giving out if nothing was answered :LOL:

Ottilie

VIP Member
Has anyone seen their new nightime routine?

It's nice to see such a realistic routine however I can't help but think that Chloes behaviour could be a result of her family always laughing at her when she has been naughty and rude before, which we have seen on camera. I don't think she has ever been no told no or disaplined so now it has come to a point where she is being really naughty but she doesn't care about being told off. She literally ran away from Joel, they have caused the problems themselves.

Im all for womens rights but I think 13/14 is a bit young for a belly button piercing. I was a bit shocked they agreed to it so easily, there is a big risk of infection with that kind of piercing and it takes a lot of responsibilty to take care of it and clean it. Also how is that going to work at school? Grace said that her school only allows one set of ear piercings, So I have a feeling that belly button piercings are not apart of that. Doing P.E with a belly button piercing doesn't seem like a good idea either.

Last edited:

Porkiepies

VIP Member
I find it hilarious this time of year when everyone is bitching and moaning about what other youtubers have bought for their family. "so many name brands" " they don't need anymore trainers" etc. I'm pretty sure half of the people saying this sort of stuff would do exactly the same if they had that sort of money. If I had the money to buy big brands why the hell wouldn't I spoil my children. What some people might class as a special gift others might think the same. There is no right or wrong answer on how much to spend and what to spend it on. I didn't see anything wrong with the gifts they were bought. Sarah Conder admitted she uses studio for personalised gifts... I think that proves that its not all about name brands with them. Like others have said the reactions seemed pretty genuine and one of the most realistic and loveliest christmas day vlogs I have ever watched.
I think it's important to remember DVG had money before YouTube so some of these luxury brands that have a very high end price tag to a lot of people are like Monsoon or Reiss to the Conders.

idk2

VIP Member
Did the older girls really need anymore trainers?! I used to love DadVGirls but theyve become like the inghams but with money. Yes there wasnt loads of gifts but Grace had the hoverboard thing infront of her then was passed another gift which was her 'main gift' aswell as the hunter wellies. Its all brands with them and very materialistic and I dont think there was any 'thoughtful' gifts really.

One of my Dads best presents this year was a map of england with all the rude place names on, didnt cost me alot but he loves maps and loves toilet humour. He's spent hours looking at it and texting me pictures of the funny names. That to me is what a thoughtful gift is. Not a pair of trainers with a brand name on them to go with the 400 other branded trainers.
They're teenage girls. Definitely at their age and still at my age now, I would class any present on my wishlist as thoughtful no matter the cost. If I wanted a pair of trainers for ages and I got it = thoughtful. If I got a new MacBook bc my parents knew I needed one = thoughtful. The kids presents were just whatever they wanted. They dont need much thought really. I would argue Grace's hoverboard was thoughtful as Joel explained they argued when she used Kaci's which was breaking anyway.

Plus Kaci and Grace's gifts to their parents and sisters were lovely and well meaning without spending too much either.

This is random but I totally see them having one more child soon. Maybe its because of how they spoke about it during lockdown but I see it happening.

idk2

VIP Member
Personally really loved that video. We usually have debates like that in my family so it was fun watching others. I thought Kaci was really well-spoken and tried to get her point across in the vegetarian question about over-population and the animal cycle. Would've liked to hear more from Grace on that matter and why she chose to go meat-free!

Ottilie

VIP Member
I think we need to remember that we are all here on the same site for the same reasons.

Everyone on here is going to have a different view or opinion on certain things that this family do or say and that's okay. It's the purpose of this website to discuss and talk to each other about these issues.

We don't need to get defensive or be unkind just because someone thinks a different way to us. Maybe try and see it from there point of view. If you still don't agree with them then just agree to disagree.

If someone is offended by something this family have said or done instead of shutting them down why don't you try and find out why they feel that way because there might be a really good reason behind it.

Chloesm

VIP Member
What are people’s views on kacis new video I personally haven’t watched it but was wondering if it was in good taste ect
To be fair no, she didn’t even manage to finish the challenge and from my point of view it was like as if she couldn’t be bothered to do the challenge, she put no effort or whatsoever

ses3711

VIP Member
I think weed or something?? I was wondering more what Kaci had done🤣
A lot of people on this thread really love them/ like them a lot.
I liked the video, I kind of got Joel’s jokes, I get the sense of humour around saying inappropriate things.
The only things that bugs me a little is when they use their story to ‘inspire’ others. Teachers, paramedics, firefighters etc are some people who work bloody hard (harder than them) and they won’t have a 1.5 million house, but it’s kinda implied if you work hard then you can be like them. I mean I’m sure they think they work hard but not compared to other jobs and they’re saying to fans you can do this when unless you’re in the public eye it’s very difficult but you just need to ‘work hard’ ***eyeroll***

Porkiepies

VIP Member
Love this family. Probably one of the most genuine family youtubers out there.
I used to think that but now everything feels clickbait, advertising or pushing merch. They aren't as natural as before, at times it comes across as scripted too.

• Heart