Dad V Girls

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thats a really scary!
It is, i have a trauma related issue with fire which can make life difficult with my mental health but also the anxiety encourages me to be safe and look up how to avoid events like that! I also recall a laptop causing a bad fire in a employees house from my work. It was found that it was the usage that was the issue and not the battery or equipment that was faulty. I know Kaci probably doesn't realise the dangers but Sarah should be a bit more switched on that it probably isn;t a good idea.
It also seems to me that Kaci and Grace wake up exhausted and are probably staying up far too late watching things on their phones or laptops

I can't believe Kaci sleeps with her laptop on, on her desk that is such a fire risk. If she needs sound (i get that, so di i) use a podcast or music app on her phone
That should have read on her bed!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
It's not the battery that is the risk, the issue is it being left on a flammable surface. Laptops need to breathe and be used on a hard flat service surface and space for the fan to work. You leave your phone plugged in overnight on a sidetable, with podcasts you just set a sleeptimer. A fire could very easily start with her falling asleep with it on and on the bed. Its really not worth the risk.
Your post says it was left on the desk not the bed hence why I thought the risk would be the same, I haven’t watched all of the video yet so didn’t know she’d actually left it on the bed

Reactions: 2
Your post says it was left on the desk not the bed hence why I thought the risk would be the same, I haven’t watched all of the video yet so didn’t know she’d actually left it on the bed
Sorry i missed my typo! Was too late to edit when i spotted it. She sleeps with it switched on, on the bed, Sarah thought she may have broken it by rolling onto it as it won't switch on

It's not the battery that is the risk, the issue is it being left on a flammable surface. Laptops need to breathe and be used on a hard flat service surface and space for the fan to work. You leave your phone plugged in overnight on a sidetable, with podcasts you just set a sleeptimer. A fire could very easily start with her falling asleep with it on and on the bed. Its really not worth the risk.
She mentioned she usually closes her laptop when she's nodded off but I completely get your fire hazard point. I've also read so many stories about people using faulty earphones and falling asleep with them in. Same for faulty/fake iPhone chargers. Staying on top of your equipment and taking preventative measures is definitely the best practice! Surprised she didn't get a TV in her room if she needs sound to sleep. I use Spotify for white noise.

Edit: Some newer MacBooks dont have fans anymore such as the M1 Air so there's no risk to overheating etc. I do think its pretty normal for people to sleep with their phones charging on the beds (I know I do). Plus Macs aren't really ever switched off regardless, they are meant to be left on but "asleep" - so even if she fell asleep with it on, it would auto sleep depending on her settings. Mine is 30 mins of inactivity.

Reactions: 3
Im confused does she normally sleep with her laptop on her bed or desk? How can she sleep with it on her bed, even with the lid closed. I would knock that straight onto the floor, I am such a fidget.

Im confused does she normally sleep with her laptop on her bed or desk? How can she sleep with it on her bed, even with the lid closed. I would knock that straight onto the floor, I am such a fidget.
I confused things by typing desk instead of bed! But yes she sleeps with her laptop playing on her bed and as you described rolled onto it in her sleep and now it won't switch on

On a different note to laptopgate ... I really enjoyed that video. Sophie was so cute in it 🥺

Reactions: 5
It is, i have a trauma related issue with fire which can make life difficult with my mental health but also the anxiety encourages me to be safe and look up how to avoid events like that! I also recall a laptop causing a bad fire in a employees house from my work. It found that it was the usage that was the issue and not the battery or equipment that was faulty. I know Kaci probably doesn't realise the dangers but Sarah should be a bit more switched on that it probably isn;t a good idea.
It also seems to me that Kaci and Grace wake up exhausted and are probably staying up far too late watching things on their phones or laptops
i think they are on device/‘s until early hours. grace replied to tiktok comments at 4am in lockdown. i don’t think she woke up at that time!! i mean i think sarah and joel are fab parents but they do need some discipline on things like this.

i think they are on device/‘s until early hours. grace replied to tiktok comments at 4am in lockdown. i don’t think she woke up at that time!! i mean i think sarah and joel are fab parents but they do need some discipline on things like this.
Have you seen Graces Tiktoks? The music she listens to, the way she dances and the clothes she wears are really innapropriate. I understand that alot of people post Tiktoks like her but she is really young and her family are well known, it really isn't a good message to be sending out to there audience. When ever Isabelle Ingham does Tiktoks like her everyone goes mad at Sarah and Chris but because Grace is a part of DVG its perfectly okay. I find it strange how Sarah and Joel don't have that protective instinct over her considering how young she is.

Reactions: 6
I stay up to stupid o clock as I have a delayed body clock and I refuse to go to bed till I’m actually tired as otherwise I’m laying on my bed for hours thinking about not great things and my parents have no idea so it might be a similar situation (haven’t watched the video)

Reactions: 4
Have you seen Graces Tiktoks? The music she listens to, the way she dances and the clothes she wears are really innapropriate. I understand that alot of people post Tiktoks like her but she is really young and her family are well known, it really isn't a good message to be sending out to there audience. When ever Isabelle Ingham does Tiktoks like her everyone goes mad at Sarah and Chris but because Grace is a part of DVG its perfectly okay. I find it strange how Sarah and Joel don't have that protective instinct over her considering how young she is.
I swear Grace’s tiktok was blocked a few weeks ago, maybe because her content was inappropriate for her age. I feel so awkward when watching her tiktoks because she looks quite awkward and uncomfortable herself doing these inappropriate dances because she’s too young to understand why this isn’t right. I wonder if they never mentioned her account being banned because they knew the things she’d been posting weren’t appropriate and Joel and Sarah realised they hadn’t been paying enough attention to what she posts, despite her account being run by them.
With the staying up late, most parents will send their children to bed and try to get them to leaves their devices out of their bedrooms but kids always find a way to stay up. We evolved from reading under the covers to watching tiktoks at 4am. Even if parents confiscate things if there are other devices in the house, perhaps an old phone, they could take it and still watch YouTube on it. For example; my dad took my phone and SCHOOL iPad when I was in yr 11 so I would use my sister’s DS to watch YouTube and had to do my coursework on my rubbish laptop I got when I was 8. I think Joel and Sarah should check they’re actually sleeping at night and if they catch on of them on their phones or something, take it and actually tell them off. I don’t mean take it for ever, maybe just for the night or they next day as well to show what happens if they don’t do as their told.

I stay up to stupid o clock as I have a delayed body clock and I refuse to go to bed till I’m actually tired as otherwise I’m laying on my bed for hours thinking about not great things and my parents have no idea so it might be a similar situation (haven’t watched the video)
Why is your body clock delayed? If it's not medical cause you can sort that out with better sleep hygiene :):sleep:

I swear Grace’s tiktok was blocked a few weeks ago, maybe because her content was inappropriate for her age. I feel so awkward when watching her tiktoks because she looks quite awkward and uncomfortable herself doing these inappropriate dances because she’s too young to understand why this isn’t right. I wonder if they never mentioned her account being banned because they knew the things she’d been posting weren’t appropriate and Joel and Sarah realised they hadn’t been paying enough attention to what she posts, despite her account being run by them.
With the staying up late, most parents will send their children to bed and try to get them to leaves their devices out of their bedrooms but kids always find a way to stay up. We evolved from reading under the covers to watching tiktoks at 4am. Even if parents confiscate things if there are other devices in the house, perhaps an old phone, they could take it and still watch YouTube on it. For example; my dad took my phone and SCHOOL iPad when I was in yr 11 so I would use my sister’s DS to watch YouTube and had to do my coursework on my rubbish laptop I got when I was 8. I think Joel and Sarah should check they’re actually sleeping at night and if they catch on of them on their phones or something, take it and actually tell them off. I don’t mean take it for ever, maybe just for the night or they next day as well to show what happens if they don’t do as their told.
I think alot of things we might see as innaproriate they just don't see themselves. Some of the outfits they wear in there vlogs are far from acceptable for them to be wearing, especially when they are being filmed and uploaded to the internet. Both girls are aloud to wear little crop tops and short shorts, it's one thing to wear them around the house but they don't have an issue with everyone seeing there young daughters dressed like that. It's a bit worrying considering both of them are both working within social media so they should both be aware of what is acceptable and what is not.

Graces Shein haul was really bad. Why did Joel think it was okay to allow Grace to show everyone her little crop tops. Again in know that the Inghams daughter has done this as well, but the back lash they got from that was really bad. No one has mentioned Graces because she is from DVG.

I thought I was the only one noticing it!
It feels like sometimes she forces herself to like a certain style and to act a certain way just to fit within people of her age. And as a results in both her pics on IG and on her Tiktoks she looks extremely awkward

Reactions: 6
See I can’t comment on the clothes situation because at their age, even younger, I’d go round in crop tops and shorts, it’s just a way of growing up personally. I’m 20 now and I still do that although I now know there’s a time and a place for all that

See I can’t comment on the clothes situation because at their age, even younger, I’d go round in crop tops and shorts, it’s just a way of growing up personally. I’m 20 now and I still do that although I now know there’s a time and a place for all that
Were your parents filming you as part of a vlog and uploading onto the internet for the whole of the world to see though? At Graces age she probably doesn't see any harm in it but her parents should clearly be able to see it.

I think alot of things we might see as innaproriate they just don't see themselves. Some of the outfits they wear in there vlogs are far from acceptable for them to be wearing, especially when they are being filmed and uploaded to the internet. Both girls are aloud to wear little crop tops and short shorts, it's one thing to wear them around the house but they don't have an issue with everyone seeing there young daughters dressed like that. It's a bit worrying considering both of them are both working within social media so they should both be aware of what is acceptable and what is not.

Graces Shein haul was really bad. Why did Joel think it was okay to allow Grace to show everyone her little crop tops. Again in know that the Inghams daughter has done this as well, but the back lash they got from that was really bad. No one has mentioned Graces because she is from DVG.
That last bit annoys me the most as whenever I call anything out about YouTube families everyone goes yeah except dvg they still use their kids for money especially Chloe and Sophie as they are too young to understand and Kaci and Grace are still young

Personally don’t find an issue with crop tops as long as they are comfortable with people seeing it however it makes me uncomfortable as creepy people on the internet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.