Dad v Girls #3 soon to be forgotten, all that money is turning them rotten.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think its bad parenting to let your child engage in underage drinking especially given the rise in spiked drinks.

I know you can't really control your kid but their attitude towards Kaci drinking in general is a bit concerning. Like why would you assist your child to follow your own foot steps

Reactions: 2
I think its bad parenting to let your child engage in underage drinking especially given the rise in spiked drinks.

I know you can't really control your kid but their attitude towards Kaci drinking in general is a bit concerning. Like why would you assist your child to follow your own foot steps
In all honesty almost every single 16/17 year old is going out to parties and drinking so to say that it’s bad parenting is very harsh. And she’s a 100x safer being at a party with friends with her parents on board than she is hiding it from them or being out in pubs
I know they’re influencers or whatever but at the end of the day she’s a 16 year old who is going to live how she wants and can make her own decisions

Reactions: 40

most 16 year olds drink it’s not just kaci, she’s probably going to drink regardless it’s a lot more responsible for them to know where she’s doing it and the spiking is mainly an issue in clubs not at parties with her friends

Reactions: 18
My mum and dad were very accepting when I was 16/17 with parties and drinking. As long as I was honest with where I was and who I was with, they had no reason to not let me. I was very open with my mum and told her lots growing up because of how relaxed she was. I suppose it’s the relationship you have with your parents really. Don’t get me wrong, I had boundaries and when I crossed them I knew about it and lost some privileges to which I never broke trust again. I asked my mum quite recently why she was so relaxed with things like that , she said if she’d said no I probably still would have found ways to do it anyway and been sneaky about it; which can be more dangerous than if they knew. Can’t quite judge a 17 year old for being out and having fun (it’s all over Instagram for her parents to see anyway)

Reactions: 26
Yeah I was the same, my parents used to stay up till 2-3 in the morning to pick me up. All you can do it be supportive, if all Kaci’s friends are there, it’s a bit mean for her to be the only one not allowed to go.

Reactions: 8
Yes she can do what she wishes, and I do believe she’s safer at house parties but what Kaci also needs to remember is she chose the influencer lifestyle and her drinking at 16 at house parties isn’t a good look for her audience who I believe to be majority of them young as a lot will be from the DVG audience as well, and I just think it isn’t exactly role model behaviour is it. She does need to be careful with what she chooses to post, maybe just on private stories of her wearing revealing clothing with a bottle of beer in hand instead of publicly where brands and others can see it.

Reactions: 1
Yes she can do what she wishes, and I do believe she’s safer at house parties but what Kaci also needs to remember is she chose the influencer lifestyle and her drinking at 16 at house parties isn’t a good look for her audience who I believe to be majority of them young as a lot will be from the DVG audience as well, and I just think it isn’t exactly role model behaviour is it. She does need to be careful with what she chooses to post, maybe just on private stories of her wearing revealing clothing with a bottle of beer in hand instead of publicly where brands and others can see it.
Tbh it’s not like she’s vlogging it and telling her followers to sneak out and get wasted at parties. To me the way she’s been allowed to go out with friends clearly with her parents knowing and being ok with it, it shows kids that you can do these things in regulation once you’re a bit older. She never looks completely drunk in any pictures of her out and I’m sure Joel and Sarah have talked to her about drinking safely. She’s 16 and has grown up with social media so of course she’s going to post things of her out with friends. Just because she’s an influencer doesn’t mean she can’t do it because she’s not doing anything wrong. Also what’s wrong with her wearing what you see as revealing clothing? Personally I don’t think what she wears is very offensive or revealing, it’s her body and she can wear what she wants. I actually think the way she clearly gets on well with her parents and keeps them informed about what she’s doing and who she’s with makes Kaci a good role model as many teenagers do tend to hide things like this.

Reactions: 14
Joel and Sarah aren’t actually big drinkers but have clearly allowed kaci to drink I think it’s been quite obvious from parties etc the alcohol pops they are okay with it. Personally, I don’t see the issue. We’ve all been 16/17, my parents allowed me but only at home or at party’s they went too. Yes I understand it’s not a good role model and brands may see, but that’s who she is id assume she doesn’t care. Many teenagers following her are probably doing the same, it’s not like she’s the only 16 year old underage drinking. It’s not like we’re seeing her in bars/clubs then that’s different.

Reactions: 11
I think atm the new baby looks a lot like Kaci, very similar nose. Also looks a lot like Coco as a baby 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Does Kaci vape? I’ve seen Ava posting stories vaping and just wondered if it’s likely that Kaci does too? I guess they try and hide it if she does as it wouldn’t look great for their younger followers but I just assumed she does if her friends are…

Sorry but everybody engaging in underage drinking doesn't make it acceptable. Its like say oh everyone also takes coke so it makes it ok. Bottom line is theres an age limit for a reason.

She's also not drinking at home or at a party that her parents are at.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m surprised they don’t hide her drinking from social media, it can’t look attractive to brands. She should have a private Instagram for parties with her friends.

Reactions: 1
In all honesty almost every single 16/17 year old is going out to parties and drinking so to say that it’s bad parenting is very harsh.
My 16 year old daughter isn't into parties and drinking, I wish we would stop stereotyping what kids these days at this age are supposed to be doing.

Everyone is different, and tbh If Kaci was drinking at a party I'm pretty sure there was adults present and they had consent from her parents. When my daughter went to a birthday party they was only allowed to drink if the parents had given consent.

Reactions: 12
With the underage drinking

Nearly every teenager does it
They are safe in their friends home they would have an adult there and her parents would know

It would be different if she had a fake ID and was trying to get into clubs

Her parents allow her to drink it’s not like she’s getting hammered every weekend she is Just having a little drink at people’s party’s which are every now and again and teenagers sometimes act drunk after a few sips to be cool

Reactions: 5
How have they not got a name for the baby? They had 9 months 😂🙈
It's hardly unusual for babies to pop out without a name. I was nameless for 2 weeks, my friends just had a baby and hers was nameless for 5 weeks.

Reactions: 3
It's hardly unusual for babies to pop out without a name. I was nameless for 2 weeks, my friends just had a baby and hers was nameless for 5 weeks.
I guess because of how I am I would have to have a name before hand. My cat had a name for 2 weeks before we picked him up 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Who cares is *everyone* drinks underage. It doesn’t mean it’s OK or should be condoned. Do it in private but don’t flaunt it when you’ve got 1000s of kids following you that will want to copy. They try to be too much like friends than parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
A 16 year old girl isn't responsible for setting a good example to kids online. The parents of those children should be monitoring what they see. We would all be complaining and accusing them of lying and only showing us what we want to see if Kaci was never seen at a party, drinking, or acting like almost everyone her age. I don't think we should be expecting more from Kaci than anyone else her age.

Reactions: 25
To me it depends what you see. Going on to Ava’s profile and posting pictures of Kaci from there and what she’s doing is a step too far for me. Ava never signed up for this. Yes she could make her profile private but she probably wants followers just like Kaci.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.