Covid Symptoms

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know there is a few threads on this but cant seem to find them - apologies for duplicating

Just wondering - those that have had covid - could you put your symptoms below? (preferably not if you had a bad case of it!!) - My husband just tested positive, I have symptoms and spiralling with anxiety about all sorts of stuff.

Think it might help to see it's not all bad out there and other people are fine. I'm very scared at the minute :(

Thank you

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I haven’t had it but a friend and her parents had it.

Friend: Lost sense of taste and smell
Friends mum: Fatigue (described it like being bed bound by flu)
Friends dad: Asymptomatic

This was about 6-8 weeks ago. All fine now.

Easier said than done but try not to worry. Do you & your husband have any underlying health conditions, classed as ‘at risk’ or elderly? If not I’m certain you’ll both be fine. Obviously everyone’s body is different but if you manage your symptoms as per NHS advice, rest up, isolate, drink plenty of water and get lots of rest you’ll be absolutely fine❤

(P.S the media truly love scaremongering and making out that COVID is a dangerous killer virus to us all. If you feel really anxious or unwell and need professional advice speak to 111)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I haven’t had it but a friend and her parents had it.

Friend: Lost sense of taste and smell
Friends mum: Fatigue (described it like being bed bound by flu)
Friends dad: Asymptomatic

This was about 6-8 weeks ago. All fine now.

Easier said than done but try not to worry. Do you & your husband have any underlying health conditions, classes as ‘at risk’ or elderly? If not I’m certain you’ll both be fine. Obviously everyone’s body is different but if you rest up, isolate, drink plenty of water and get lots of rest. ❤

(P.S the media truly love scaremongering and making out that COVID is a dangerous killer virus to us all. If you feel really anxious or unwell and need professional advice speak to 111)
Thank you.

My husband does have an underlying health condition but it's well managed and other than having RA, he is in pretty good shape for his age. For me, I'm overweight (obese really but I hate that word) but nothing diagnosed - you never know though.

The above sounds all fine to me - so far my husband has no symptoms (other than a bit of a blocked nose which he always gets) - 5 days from exposure so im just hoping and praying he's asymptomatic. I'm really worried about myself but things like the above make me feel a bit better. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply - thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My ex mother in law had a general cold feeling but mild. She is 71 and has lung cancer and recovered. Her husband was assymptomatic and he’s 70 with diabetes and overweight.

Colleague was laid up in bed for a few days exhausted and feverish but recovered ok.

Try not to panic, the majority of people recover fine.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My ex mother in law had a general cold feeling but mild. She is 71 and has lung cancer and recovered. Her husband was assymptomatic and he’s 70 with diabetes and overweight.

Colleague was laid up in bed for a few days exhausted and feverish but recovered ok.

Try not to panic, the majority of people recover fine.
My goodness that has calmed me down. I so hope my husband stays Asymptomatic like that. I can handle a general cold feeling too - that's what I have at the moment tbh

Thank you so much for replying - all of this is really helping me - I appreciate it xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hope you and your husband are ok.

the people who I know who had it are people I worked with and they all started with common cold type symptoms. Some of them went on to be really fatigued, others weren’t too bad, one person lost their sense of taste and smell but have it back. All got over it and are back in work.

I had it back in March. I had a bad cough and felt generally unwell, but not terrible. Had a few days on the sofa but still continued working from home (office job) so it wasn’t so bad that I couldn’t do that. Hope you’re both ok!

Reactions: 4
I work in a small school and before Christmas 7 staff members all tested positive. Mostly all had headaches and cold type symptoms, one had more “flu” type symptoms and one had nothing at all.

All are better now thankfully

I lost my smell and had a very very heavy head - felt like a head cold but probably a bit worse. Other than that I felt okay and was able to move about the house. Hope you and your family are okay! X

Thank you so much, this is all really helping. Struggling to sleep so seeing all this has really calmed me down

• Heart
My partner tested positive after having a fever one night, during our isolation period we both had sore throats but that’s it! Still got our taste and smell thankfully!

Actually managed to spend the 10 days isolation deep cleaning the flat which had been needed for a while 😂

My partner tested positive after having a fever one night, during our isolation period we both had sore throats but that’s it! Still got our taste and smell thankfully!

Actually managed to spend the 10 days isolation deep cleaning the flat which had been needed for a while 😂
That's good - I have a sore throat and some congestion, absolutely no appetite but that could just be panic. Things like this are really helping me, thanks for taking the time to reply I appreciate it

• Heart
As others have said, I wouldn't worry too much. We're a household of four, three of us had it over Christmas, my isolation ends tomorrow. If I'm honest I had it the worst, I was pretty unwell. It felt like a bad flu with some extra exhaustion thrown in. My husband just had a cough and my son had a high temp and cough, which he still has.

Oh yeah forgot to say I had a very low appetite as well! Came in handy for Christmas 😂🐷

• Haha
Started feeling feverish, had high temp, lack of appetite. Felt generally quite fluey, very very tired. No taste.
Took about 2 weeks to feel normal but wasn’t awful.
Luckily at that time, if you had any symptoms you had to stay off for 2 weeks so that was good.

My mom has a streaming cold and bad head. I actually am starting to wonder if the Covid test has purely picked up her cold as other than that she is fine.

Reactions: 1
My mom has a streaming cold and bad head. I actually am starting to wonder if the Covid test has purely picked up her cold as other than that she is fine.
From what I've seen this can be covid I think?

My daughter had it, was completely asymptomatic. No one else in our household tested positive

So my boyfriend tested positive last Monday and we live together, shortly after I developed symptoms... both of us had a cough, fever, and sinus pain when we moved our head and eyes, within a few days the cough cleared up, my boyfriend is fine now, for a few extra days he had the sinus pain. I never had a test but we assume I’ve also had it, after the cough and fever cleared up after a few days my gland have popped up but are on the way back down now, and a few days ago my nose became blocked like a cold and I lost my sense of taste and smell although it’s slowly coming back and we’re on day 10 now. Hope this helps!