Covid Symptoms

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys I’m in a really bad way I’m on day 8 now still have a fever getting hot and cold chills can’t seem to get the heat into me , so exhausted (I can’t nap as I have a one year old) no taste no smell, and I can’t breathe properly😭 does anyone know how long this lasts for I feel like I’m slowly dying at the moment ☹
Have you called 111? They might be able to give you some advice

Reactions: 3
We’ve both tested positive and are really struggling. The aches in my body, it hurts to turn over in bed. Chesty cough, blocked sinuses, skin sore to touch, fever, exhaustion

I’m on day 7, can barely move, my body hurts so bad and I’m exhausted. My taste has gone weird and my smell has heightened it’s horrible. No cough or issues with breathing but have never felt this ill in my life. The heightened smell is making me feel really sick and I’m struggling to eat.

Reactions: 2
I have been in two minds whether to go an get a rapid test this week. I have been having on and off mild headaches and just generally feeling a bit run down but the main this is I’m sleeping for about 10hours a night. I still feel extremely exhausted after that too. Don’t know whether I’m just a bit run down or whether there is (or will be) more to it!

hope you all feel better soon!
It’s absolutely horrible!!
I’m on day 7 now and feel better! Still exhausted, headaches, no smell or taste but feel so much better than what I did!
My partner started getting ill 3 days ago after testing positive and he was awful last night. Constant cough, high fever, being sick as he was so lot! But today he’s loads better it’s so weird

Reactions: 1
Did Anyone else feel hot in their hands and feet with the fever? I’ve been without symptoms since just after Christmas but can’t help noticing now my hands and feet feel really really cold all the time?

I had covid 10 weeks ago. Was 10 weeks pregnant and miscarried. Will always wonder if the virus attacked my baby. I lost my taste and smell which still isn’t back. Just this week my smell is returning but is severely distorted- food cooking smells like rotting animal carcass/meat factory on a hot day 🤢I can’t eat anything hot as a result, even toothpaste tastes awful. Covid is terrible. 😪😪

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Day 8 and I finally feel more human. Still can’t eat very much, I’ve had 3 chicken nuggets and a fudge today so far. I find what helps is taking paracetamol bang on every 4 hours and drinking lots of water.

Day 6. It’s been tough and I can see how it would wipe out the elderly.
Temp, chills, sore throat, cough, the aches are severe, it feels like every muscle and joint hurts. I could even feel the muscles in my eyes, it hurt to move them 👀 Sleep sweats been drenched, and crazy dreams 🤷🏼‍♀️
Paracetamol on the dot every 4 hrs. Plenty water, berocca and vit d ( amazon prime)
Will say it does come over in waves, felt better yesterday had shower but then it knocks you a few hours later and was really aching again this morning

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Day 6. It’s been tough and I can see how it would wipe out the elderly.
Temp, chills, sore throat, cough, the aches are severe, it feels like every muscle and joint hurts. I could even feel the muscles in my eyes, it hurt to move them 👀 Sleep sweats been drenched, and crazy dreams 🤷🏼‍♀️
Paracetamol on the dot every 4 hrs. Plenty water, berocca and vit d ( amazon prime)
Will say it does come over in waves, felt better yesterday had shower but then it knocks you a few hours later and was really aching again this morning
Hope you feel better soon 💖

11 weeks later and I’ve never felt worse. Haven’t eaten a bite all weekend because everything smells/tastes so bad. When my taste and smell came back it was so badly distorted that now everything even toothpaste tastes like burnt animal carcass mixed with mould. I am so exhausted.

Reactions: 2
11 weeks later and I’ve never felt worse. Haven’t eaten a bite all weekend because everything smells/tastes so bad. When my taste and smell came back it was so badly distorted that now everything even toothpaste tastes like burnt animal carcass mixed with mould. I am so exhausted.
Sorry to hear you are still feeling unwell. I have just passed the 2 week mark from test and my smell is slowly coming back. I have been using sudofed nasal spray and nelimed saline sinus rinse. Might be worth a try if you haven’t already? I brought both off Amazon

Any tips on how to get my smell and taste back please 😩
Their say do small test on smelling each food try smell chocolate, coffee, orange and something salty try these to get the brain use to the smells again. Even trying to smell flowers, shampoo, soap smell can be tried out. This is what i read online.

Their say do small test on smelling each food try smell chocolate, coffee, orange and something salty try these to get the brain use to the smells again. Even trying to smell flowers, shampoo, soap smell can be tried out. This is what i read online.
Thank you

Any tips on how to get my smell and taste back please 😩
Sinus rinse worked for me and hubby. Also there’s a hack going around tik tok at the moment where you burn an orange. It’s probably a load of bollocks but you never know 🤷‍♀️

I’m on day 7. Feeling so fatigued and weak! Trying my best to drink plenty and eat enough but my appetite is non existent. The cough is really annoying and I can’t smell anything. However, I randomly get a waves of a waft of burning or wet dog smell which is vile :sick: I’m also getting weird dreams but I always do when I’m anxious or stressed out. I’m a nurse and I feel so guilty because my ward is very short staffed. I can’t wait to go back to work.

getting a bit worried because I’ve seen a lot of people say they’re struggling with symptoms months later. I’m 26, fit and usually well but as we’ve all found with covid that doesn’t mean tit!

hope everyone feels better soon x

My sense of taste and dislikes just went weird... I love bloody toast and real butter.. . Had 2 slices of toast in one wk. I am still waiting test result after 6 days...119 says today referred to late text result team but shudnt be infectious now cos ten days since start of symptoms. School saying its going to have to be sick note so goes on my absence record and not isolating. So cross.. I am going to email union cos time off till test should on isolation .