Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I had covid 10 weeks ago. Was 10 weeks pregnant and miscarried. Will always wonder if the virus attacked my baby. I lost my taste and smell which still isn’t back. Just this week my smell is returning but is severely distorted- food cooking smells like rotting animal carcass/meat factory on a hot day 🤢I can’t eat anything hot as a result, even toothpaste tastes awful. Covid is terrible. 😪😪

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

TJ90

VIP Member
Sinus rinse worked for me and hubby. Also there’s a hack going around tik tok at the moment where you burn an orange. It’s probably a load of bollocks but you never know 🤷‍♀️
I can’t thank you enough for telling me about sinus rinse. I had it delivered on the quickest option from Amazon (by 10pm tonight) it’s just turned up and I can taste my smoothie. I’ve cried happy tears. Thanks so much

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Star is born

VIP Member
Day 6. It’s been tough and I can see how it would wipe out the elderly.
Temp, chills, sore throat, cough, the aches are severe, it feels like every muscle and joint hurts. I could even feel the muscles in my eyes, it hurt to move them 👀 Sleep sweats been drenched, and crazy dreams 🤷🏼‍♀️
Paracetamol on the dot every 4 hrs. Plenty water, berocca and vit d ( amazon prime)
Will say it does come over in waves, felt better yesterday had shower but then it knocks you a few hours later and was really aching again this morning

• Sad
Reactions: 8

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
My ex mother in law had a general cold feeling but mild. She is 71 and has lung cancer and recovered. Her husband was assymptomatic and he’s 70 with diabetes and overweight.

Colleague was laid up in bed for a few days exhausted and feverish but recovered ok.

Try not to panic, the majority of people recover fine.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Moolo

I know there is a few threads on this but cant seem to find them - apologies for duplicating

Just wondering - those that have had covid - could you put your symptoms below? (preferably not if you had a bad case of it!!) - My husband just tested positive, I have symptoms and spiralling with anxiety about all sorts of stuff.

Think it might help to see it's not all bad out there and other people are fine. I'm very scared at the minute :(

Thank you

• Heart
Reactions: 5

ChokingOnZofloraFumes

Both my partner and I had it in November, he lost his sense of taste and was fatigued, however I had a fever, bad cough, breathlessness, a changed sense of taste (I had 3 teaspoons in my coffee and could barely taste it) I also had really bad aches and pains all over including my shins and boobs, I also had constipation and stomach pains. We know exactly how we caught it as someone he worked with had symptoms and didn't want to waste a doctors time by booking a test, turns out both she and her sister were positive with symptoms :rolleyes:

The thing is there is such a wide range of symptoms that if you feel you need to get tested, then do it for your own peace of mind and to help protect others.

Reactions: 4

mermaidexoxo

I haven’t had it but a friend and her parents had it.

Friend: Lost sense of taste and smell
Friends mum: Fatigue (described it like being bed bound by flu)
Friends dad: Asymptomatic

This was about 6-8 weeks ago. All fine now.

Easier said than done but try not to worry. Do you & your husband have any underlying health conditions, classed as ‘at risk’ or elderly? If not I’m certain you’ll both be fine. Obviously everyone’s body is different but if you manage your symptoms as per NHS advice, rest up, isolate, drink plenty of water and get lots of rest you’ll be absolutely fine❤

(P.S the media truly love scaremongering and making out that COVID is a dangerous killer virus to us all. If you feel really anxious or unwell and need professional advice speak to 111)

• Heart

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I had it back in March. I had a bad cough and felt generally unwell, but not terrible. Had a few days on the sofa but still continued working from home (office job) so it wasn’t so bad that I couldn’t do that. Hope you’re both ok!

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Hope you and your husband are ok.

the people who I know who had it are people I worked with and they all started with common cold type symptoms. Some of them went on to be really fatigued, others weren’t too bad, one person lost their sense of taste and smell but have it back. All got over it and are back in work.

Reactions: 3

duffy1301

My partner tested positive after having a fever one night, during our isolation period we both had sore throats but that’s it! Still got our taste and smell thankfully!

Actually managed to spend the 10 days isolation deep cleaning the flat which had been needed for a while 😂

Dipdab

VIP Member
Sorry to resurrect a thread but just wondered if anyone has had a negative lateral flow test but then a positive PCR?
Yes my husband did. He did a lateral flow and pcr on same day. Lateral flow was negative and pcr was positive 🤷‍♀️

Coffeefirst19

Chatty Member
I have Covid, symptoms started on Wednesday.
at the moment it’s my joints and skin that aches.
I have a little cough but nothingmajor but today I feel so weird.
it’s like I’m drunk!
my brain feels like it’s too big for my skull, I’m hydrated. Paracetamol isn’t touching it.
I feel sick and dizzy so I’m just laid in bed.
Anyone else felt like this?

Moolo

My partner tested positive after having a fever one night, during our isolation period we both had sore throats but that’s it! Still got our taste and smell thankfully!

Actually managed to spend the 10 days isolation deep cleaning the flat which had been needed for a while 😂
That's good - I have a sore throat and some congestion, absolutely no appetite but that could just be panic. Things like this are really helping me, thanks for taking the time to reply I appreciate it

• Heart

TJ90

VIP Member
I caught covid mid January (lots of us at work came down with it). I had a headache that wouldn't go away with painkillers or sleep, sore armpits and a very spaced out/drunk feeling which lasted for 3 weeks. I still have no taste or smell but other than that I am fine.
Someone on here recommended to me a sinus rinse (from Amazon) when I had the loss of taste and smell and it helped so much. Might be worth a try if you haven’t already :)

• Heart

Hendrix

I’ve just had a positive result and my only symptoms have been body aches and a headache.

• Wow

Moolo

Thank you so much, this is all really helping. Struggling to sleep so seeing all this has really calmed me down

• Heart

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
Guys I’m in a really bad way I’m on day 8 now still have a fever getting hot and cold chills can’t seem to get the heat into me , so exhausted (I can’t nap as I have a one year old) no taste no smell, and I can’t breathe properly😭 does anyone know how long this lasts for I feel like I’m slowly dying at the moment ☹
Have you called 111? They might be able to give you some advice

Moolo

My ex mother in law had a general cold feeling but mild. She is 71 and has lung cancer and recovered. Her husband was assymptomatic and he’s 70 with diabetes and overweight.

Colleague was laid up in bed for a few days exhausted and feverish but recovered ok.

Try not to panic, the majority of people recover fine.
My goodness that has calmed me down. I so hope my husband stays Asymptomatic like that. I can handle a general cold feeling too - that's what I have at the moment tbh

Thank you so much for replying - all of this is really helping me - I appreciate it xx

• Heart