COVID-19 vaccine #9 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No I take it for me and me only I wouldn’t dream of putting others through the stress of endless vaccines especially against their will and definitely not children.View attachment 914601

from birth :rolleyes::oops: why not invitro?

Any time the subject of people taking personal responsibility for their own health especially as it concerns obesity there's always a huge protest.

That's not fair or reasonable but vaccine mandates are.
[/QUOTE]
It’s already offered in pregnancy that’s why I had put from birth as in part of the childhood vaccination programme that starts from babies 😅

That poll was a bit unclear. If it meant mandated vaccinations for kids I wouldn't agree, but I think parents should be allowed the choice, or kids themselves say between 12 and 16.

My sister wasn't sure if her 13 year old son should be vaccinated, but he expressed a clear desire to have it, so she let him. It would be weird to me if we said no kids could be allowed it - regardless of what they or their parents wanted.
Sorry you found the poll unclear. I was just interested in who supported childhood vaccinations for covid and if so what age range they felt was appropriate.

perhaps someone else can do the next thread/poll I’d hate to keep disappointing everyone 😬😜

Reactions: 1
I’m so conflicted. I haven’t been vaccinated as I was pregnant for the first half of the year and now breastfeeding. The stories about the vaccine messing up your period really worries me too, especially as my periods haven’t come back yet but have heard they’re usually very heavy once they return after birth. I really don’t want the vaccine but I just know we’re heading for vaccine passports, these latest rules are just the start imo. I’m fearful that I won’t be able to go to baby groups which are keeping me sane during mat leave if I don’t have the vaccine. I even rang a pharmacy before and asked if they’re accepting walk ins tomorrow. 😫

It’s all just utter tit, isn’t it?! And two years ago people were called loons for even suggesting vaccine passports were gonna be a thing.
I'm not vaccinated either... As I don't trust them or feel I need them as had covid so now have antibodies and my t cells will remember the virus to fight it if I get it again.
I would never tell anyone to get the vaccines or not to get them, it is and should always be personal choice.

My fear is many will now rush out and get the vaccines or their booster if they re already double jabbed because of the fear of the vaccine passports which then in turn gives the government what they want, more people jabbed and control....and they will then think that in time people will come around to mandatory vaccones.

I have work colleagues who only got their 2 jabs so they could travel and were saying they wouldn't get the booster... Then the rumours the rules would change to where you have to have a booster to be classed as fully vaccinated so they went and got their boosters.... Few have been ill since but are happy they can go abroad now 🤯...although they now complain about the testing and isolation on return rules 😏🙄
I ask them how many vaccines will they have before putting their health before a holiday.... Never get a answer.

I never trusted the government before covid, haven't during and definitely don't now, so I won't do anything they advise me to do..... Especially since they don't do anything they preach.... DO AS THEY DO, NOT AS THEY Say.

Hope you and baby are doing good 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 21
from birth :rolleyes::oops: why not invitro?

Any time the subject of people taking personal responsibility for their own health especially as it concerns obesity there's always a huge protest.

That's not fair or reasonable but vaccine mandates are.
It’s already offered in pregnancy that’s why I had put from birth as in part of the childhood vaccination programme that starts from babies 😅

Sorry you found the poll unclear. I was just interested in who supported childhood vaccinations for covid and if so what age range they felt was appropriate.

perhaps someone else can do the next thread/poll I’d hate to keep disappointing everyone 😬😜
[/QUOTE]

The poll asks who supports mandatory vaccination

That implies that the government will apply restrictions to those who do not get the vaccine.

My comment regarding the at birth option was purely a reaction to the fact that people had voted for mandatory vaccination at birth

The poll asks who supports mandatory vaccination

That implies that the government will apply restrictions to those who do not get the vaccine.

My comment regarding the at birth option was purely a reaction to the fact that people had voted for mandatory vaccination at birth
The poll on this thread is about mandatory vaccination.
The last thread the poll was about children being offered the vaccinations.
Sorry for not being clear I’ll leave the threads/polls to everyone else going forward 😊

Reactions: 5
That poll was a bit unclear. If it meant mandated vaccinations for kids I wouldn't agree, but I think parents should be allowed the choice, or kids themselves say between 12 and 16.

My sister wasn't sure if her 13 year old son should be vaccinated, but he expressed a clear desire to have it, so she let him. It would be weird to me if we said no kids could be allowed it - regardless of what they or their parents wanted.
It said children under 12 ! Tbh I’d doubt there’d be many teens could make an informed choice when the Gov only give them one sided advice there’s no mention of the health implications on any advertising I’ve seen.

Reactions: 6
Few have been ill since but are happy they can go abroad now 🤯...although they now complain about the testing and isolation on return rules 😏🙄
I just don't understand why people get the hump about this.
What aren't they understanding? Despite your vaccine status, you can spread and catch covid. You're more likely to be asymptomatic, so less likely to know you have it, but still spread it. Surely everyone taking tests makes sense?!
They're just angry that they believed the lies they were told that's all.
Fact always was that they could kill granny just like the unvaccinated

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The poll on this thread is about mandatory vaccination.
The last thread the poll was about children being offered the vaccinations.
Sorry for not being clear I’ll leave the threads/polls to everyone else going forward 😊
I thought it was very clear!

Reactions: 5
I am interested how would people who support mandatory vaccination feel if there was "environmental emergency" and you were ordered to eat your own tit, because your tit is polluting the environment and we just can't afford that any more. Would that be too much to ask for the "greater good", new government slogan could be "don't be selfish - do your bit - eat your tit" 🌏🌍🌎
It's not different really, you either believe in bodily autonomy or you don't. Bon appetit

• Haha
Reactions: 16

No worries, it's not a big deal.

It said children under 12 ! Tbh I’d doubt there’d be many teens could make an informed choice when the Gov only give them one sided advice there’s no mention of the health implications on any advertising I’ve seen.
He was aware of potential side effects. He's no fool. :)

Reactions: 1
I'm not vaccinated either... As I don't trust them or feel I need them as had covid so now have antibodies and my t cells will remember the virus to fight it if I get it again.
I would never tell anyone to get the vaccines or not to get them, it is and should always be personal choice.

My fear is many will now rush out and get the vaccines or their booster if they re already double jabbed because of the fear of the vaccine passports which then in turn gives the government what they want, more people jabbed and control....and they will then think that in time people will come around to mandatory vaccones.

I have work colleagues who only got their 2 jabs so they could travel and were saying they wouldn't get the booster... Then the rumours the rules would change to where you have to have a booster to be classed as fully vaccinated so they went and got their boosters.... Few have been ill since but are happy they can go abroad now 🤯...although they now complain about the testing and isolation on return rules 😏🙄
I ask them how many vaccines will they have before putting their health before a holiday.... Never get a answer.

I never trusted the government before covid, haven't during and definitely don't now, so I won't do anything they advise me to do..... Especially since they don't do anything they preach.... DO AS THEY DO, NOT AS THEY Say.

Hope you and baby are doing good 🙂
I normally spend winter abroad visiting friends and family, have done for 20 years and it's what I countdown to. However I'm not allowed in that country anymore as I'm unvaccinated. I fear I will never see some of them again.
But I will NEVER get a medical procedure that I don't want just to suit my needs as I prefer to look at the bigger picture of where this could all lead.
However all my nephews and nieces have had both jabs. None of them thought they needed them and most had worked throughout the lockdowns and not fallen ill. They got them , by their own admittance, purely because "we've got concerts/holidays booked" 🤢.
Two of the nieces have suffered hairloss, period problems and one is being investigated for autoimmune disorder.
As much as I adore them, I can't help feel disappointed in their attitudes. Not that they got vaccinated but their reasons for it.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I think disagreements about abortion mainly happen due to different views on where to draw the line between your body and a separate life with its own rights. Usually abortions are allowed only until a certain point, otherwise it's a murder. So, I think that's a lot more complicated issue than getting a vaxx or not getting a vaxx, there are no difficult lines to be drawn, it's not criminal to be unjabbed.
But there are people that want laws that say you have to be vaxxed. Just like there are laws that say when women can end a pregnancy that is happening to their body. Pro life generally feel that no abortion should be legal, even though scientifically speaking in the first few 8 weeks a pregnancy is not a baby. Scientifically speaking the vax is more dangerous to younger people than covid, but people think it should be madated. Of course there are complex lines to be drawn with a vax mandate, such as who you mandate, how many, how late can they be with boosters.

So a fetus life is sacred and needs to be protected, but an 18 year old shouldn't be protected from a vax that could kill them or damage their heart.

Reactions: 2
I normally spend winter abroad visiting friends and family, have done for 20 years and it's what I countdown to. However I'm not allowed in that country anymore as I'm unvaccinated. I fear I will never see some of them again.
But I will NEVER get a medical procedure that I don't want just to suit my needs as I prefer to look at the bigger picture of where this could all lead.
However all my nephews and nieces have had both jabs. None of them thought they needed them and most had worked throughout the lockdowns and not fallen ill. They got them , by their own admittance, purely because "we've got concerts/holidays booked" 🤢.
Two of the nieces have suffered hairloss, period problems and one is being investigated for autoimmune disorder.
As much as I adore them, I can't help feel disappointed in their attitudes. Not that they got vaccinated but their reasons for it.
To be fair, would you have accepted any reason they gave?

• Sick
Reactions: 3
To be fair, would you have accepted any reason they gave?
Pretty ridiculous question when nearly everyone I know friends and family are vaccinated, except hubby and siblings and I've never once questioned their reasons.
But these healthy young people gave me those reasons and I feel disappointed.
Seriously do you think people who choose not to be vaccinated go round judging others who have 🤷.
The reasons they gave me are obviously to do with messages from the media about "missing out" and are wrong imo.
I would have preferred they had used their brains a bit more and thought independently. If they had then still gone ahead and got vaccinated then fair enough.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
But there are people that want laws that say you have to be vaxxed. Just like there are laws that say when women can end a pregnancy that is happening to their body. Pro life generally feel that no abortion should be legal, even though scientifically speaking in the first few 8 weeks a pregnancy is not a baby. Scientifically speaking the vax is more dangerous to younger people than covid, but people think it should be madated. Of course there are complex lines to be drawn with a vax mandate, such as who you mandate, how many, how late can they be with boosters.

So a fetus life is sacred and needs to be protected, but an 18 year old shouldn't be protected from a vax that could kill them or damage their heart.
Its kind of my point, that it shouldn't be complicated and it's not complicated. If you want the jab - get it if you don't then don't. I don't see mandates necessary for anyone, that's just ludicrous. Viruses are spread by ill people (regardless of their vaxx status), so ill people should stay at home, simple as that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I actually answered on the last poll that vulnerable children could be given the vax from birth. But I didn't mean as a mandate. Just that it could be an option. Some disabled children are so susceptible to respitory illness that a cold could kill them, so it would make sense for a covid vax to be an option.

But never a mandate, only an option and only for vulnerable kids.

Reactions: 6
Why have none of the 7 people that have voted yes for mandatory vaccines come on and given their reasons why? Go on, I’d love to hear them 🧐

Reactions: 9
Why have none of the 7 people that have voted yes for mandatory vaccines come on and given their reasons why? Go on, I’d love to hear them 🧐
I think for some of them it is jealousy. They're pissed that they got the vax for freedom but they have no more freedom than us. They think we somehow got away with somthing and see it as unfair.

People in this country are obsessed with fairness and people not getting extra or stuff they don't deserve. Look at attitudes towards mother and baby spaces or benefits.

They're pissed we got away with not getting the vax so they want us to be forced to have it.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My 2 youngest are 13 and 15, their school and school friends were absolutely shocked that they didn't have the vaccine in school. It is a very large school with around 1200 pupils, they were in a tiny minority that didn't take it up.

To be honest even if they came to me (which they didn't) and expressed a desire to have it I would have blocked it 100%. My job as their mother is to override what they think is best for themselves, otherwise, why not let them smoke/drink/have sex/come and go as they please say from 12years old!

Eldest daughter 20yrs works for NHS has applied for a vaccine exemption today, let's see how that goes.

On another note, unless I see a pic of BoJos baby it didn't happen 😏

Thanks for the new thread. I posted after the link so will post again here

I heard some of Jeremy Vine's radio 2 show today. They were talking about vaccine mandates, and some delusional woman who rang in actually had me shouting at the radio.

She said that vaccines and the passports should be mandated because.. and get this... she was double jabbed and ended up in hospital in a high dependency unit really ill with covid. She said she'd also take her booster.

Her thoughts were that it probably came from someone unvaccinated, but did admit she couldn't prove that (no tit sherlock) and that if all mandates happened then she wouldn't have been so ill.... eh?? YOU WERE DOUBLE JABBED!!

It literally never occurred to her that the jabs she loves and wants mandated didn't stop her getting seriously ill.
These people exist and I don't know how anyone can get through to them!
It's people like her that will end up getting this fake public debate (and I say fake because we all know its going to happen regardless) looking like people actually want it to happen
My husband rang me at lunchtime about this, he was absolutely furious. Jeremy Vine should be taken off air with his one sided views and phone ins which are screened for people who only agree with him.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I actually answered on the last poll that vulnerable children could be given the vax from birth. But I didn't mean as a mandate. Just that it could be an option. Some disabled children are so susceptible to respitory illness that a cold could kill them, so it would make sense for a covid vax to be an option.

But never a mandate, only an option and only for vulnerable kids.
Me too for the same reasons

Reactions: 3
My 2 youngest are 13 and 15, their school and school friends were absolutely shocked that they didn't have the vaccine in school. It is a very large school with around 1200 pupils, they were in a tiny minority that didn't take it up.

To be honest even if they came to me (which they didn't) and expressed a desire to have it I would have blocked it 100%. My job as their mother is to override what they think is best for themselves, otherwise, why not let them smoke/drink/have sex/come and go as they please say from 12years old!

Eldest daughter 20yrs works for NHS has applied for a vaccine exemption today, let's see how that goes.

On another note, unless I see a pic of BoJos baby it didn't happen 😏

My husband rang me at lunchtime about this, he was absolutely furious. Jeremy Vine should be taken off air with his one sided views and phone ins which are screened for people who only agree with him.
absolutely! He doesn't even want to talk to the unvaccinated they don't even want to entertain an opposing view. Very contrived but I suspected that was a bbc/government thing if I'm honest.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.