Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
If anyone is for mandatory vaccines then I hope you know what precedent you are setting because once you allow mandatory medical procedures it wouldn’t stop at vaccines. Mandatory sterilisation/birth control, mandatory blood transfusions, mandatory abortions. The sky is really the limit when you remove bodily autonomy as a human right.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Ensay

VIP Member
I voted no. I personally have had both vaccines and the booster which was the right thing for me. But I don't want to live in a world where someone is forced to have a vaccination against their will.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
Thanks for the new thread. I posted after the link so will post again here

I heard some of Jeremy Vine's radio 2 show today. They were talking about vaccine mandates, and some delusional woman who rang in actually had me shouting at the radio.

She said that vaccines and the passports should be mandated because.. and get this... she was double jabbed and ended up in hospital in a high dependency unit really ill with covid. She said she'd also take her booster.

Her thoughts were that it probably came from someone unvaccinated, but did admit she couldn't prove that (no shit sherlock) and that if all mandates happened then she wouldn't have been so ill.... eh?? YOU WERE DOUBLE JABBED!!

It literally never occurred to her that the jabs she loves and wants mandated didn't stop her getting seriously ill.
These people exist and I don't know how anyone can get through to them!
It's people like her that will end up getting this fake public debate (and I say fake because we all know its going to happen regardless) looking like people actually want it to happen

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

Freedomofspeech89

VIP Member
Not everyone who chooses not to have the Vax is an anti vaxer.
Also does it matter if they are? I really dislike this labelling. My children have all of their jabs but they will not be having the Covid one. The Covid vaccine is in the trial phase until 2023 and the long term safety data won't be available for many years. At the end of the day it's completely up to the individual if they feel they will benefit from having it. It should be a decision made purely on health and NOT as a "condition" of freedom. That much I know is true.

• Heart

Kittylover2019

Chatty Member
How come Boris has announced 7 days a week vaccination centres etc etc but can't/won't do the same for GP surgeries where patients are not being seen for other serious illnesses/complaints 🤔

• Heart
What absolute tools voted yes for vaccine mandates.

What I never understand about these things is why are people so concerned about what others choose to do to their bodies. It's like the pro life movement. If you don't want an abortion don't get one, why do you need to dictate to other what's they should do with their bodies and their lives.

If people think the vax is best for them then go ahead and get it. But don't force those of us that don't want it to get it. And don't start with that transmission crap, because you can still get it and pass it on when vaxxed. I've just recovered from covid so I'm not going to he passing it on to anyone for at least 6 months if not 18. Vaxxed people don't know if they have it and are passing it on.

Reactions: 29

Lulubelle79

Sorry to quote myself.

But I am pro-choice. I am double jabbed and will probably have my booster. However I am anti mask.

I have been called a CT nutter more times in the last few months than I can count. This is all by my close family. I was called anti vax as I said if i had kids I wouldn't be jabbing them, even though I am child free and double jabbed. My sister was getting angry at me for "endangering" children that don't even exist!!!!

People have clearly lost all sense.
This is 1000% me. Had my jabs mainly to satisfy my parents. I didn’t really want it, but figured so many restrictions being put in for those who don’t have it, it would make life easier. Which is probably what the higher powers want.
I also am anti mask. The amount of sanctimonious people rubbing their hands together because masks were mandatory again and “people should never have been allowed to remove them” ugh. The numbers are going up because it’s winter and that’s when people get ill not because there aren’t as many masks.
There seems to be far more people who are scared and believe everything they’re being told than people like me.

i feel like I’m going mad. Since the start of all this, none of it has sat right with me, like there’s something else going on and this is all a diversion. I can’t explain it. And everyone else is lapping it all up and look at me horrified for even questioning it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
It’s brought out the worst in people for sure. Fear makes people irrational. I hope that guy puts in a complaint about his colleague. People have to know that it’s not acceptable to treat others like that.
I don’t think it’s fear. I think people are just cunts and it’s given them an excuse to be their true selves

jackolantern

VIP Member
In fairness, vaccinated people taking offence at the fact some people blame them accepting booster appts as the reason cancer appts are cancelled - is exactly how unvaccinated people feel for being blamed that cancer appts are cancelled.

None of us like it because the reality is - it isn’t any of our faults and we don’t deserve to be victimised for the healthcare decisions we choose for ourselves. The government has cancelled those appointments, not us. So don’t blame anyone but them.

You are not responsible for someone else’s health - wether you are vaccinated or not. Please stop letting anyone tell you otherwise. That’s what they want and it is DISGUSTING.

Fear and blame drive compliance. Don’t let the red target around your neck dictate your life choices to you.

• Heart

at-the-disco

Chatty Member
Is the thought of ending up in intensive care with Covid not far more stressful?
i'm 27 with no health conditions, is that realistically going to happen to me??

i have also already had covid. i had the sniffles for 2 days and didnt feel unwell at all

• Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
I know a few people who are pro mandatory vaccines. They generally don't accept that people might have reasons for not wanting it and don't accept freedom of choice as a good reason.

They just blindly believe the jab is amazing and anything contrary is conspiracy anti vax BS. 🙄
Sorry to quote myself.

But I am pro-choice. I am double jabbed and will probably have my booster. However I am anti mask.

I have been called a CT nutter more times in the last few months than I can count. This is all by my close family. I was called anti vax as I said if i had kids I wouldn't be jabbing them, even though I am child free and double jabbed. My sister was getting angry at me for "endangering" children that don't even exist!!!!

People have clearly lost all sense.

Reactions: 27

bluecups

VIP Member
I will never ever take their injections. Ever. If I am put into prison or an internment camp and told it will be given forcibly I will commit suicide. This is a hill I am quite literally prepared to die on. I will die a free woman, nobody is taking my body autonomy away from me and I will go to meet my maker proud and defiant.

• Heart
  • Haha

HoGi

VIP Member
Literally who would vote for mandatory vaccination 😱😱😱
I know a few people who are pro mandatory vaccines. They generally don't accept that people might have reasons for not wanting it and don't accept freedom of choice as a good reason.

They just blindly believe the jab is amazing and anything contrary is conspiracy anti vax BS. 🙄

• Sad
  • Wow

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Is the thought of ending up in intensive care with Covid not far more stressful?
Considering 99.6% of people who contract covid will not end up in hospital or have severe symptoms and no long lasting effects, this is a very dramatic and scare mongering reply.

• Heart

at-the-disco

Chatty Member
yes, I acknowledged that a tiny number end up in ICU. Many of the millions you mention had a mild response to Covid due to the vaccine. the poster I was replying to is unvaccinated. Survival numbers are widely reported
just to clarify, im the original poster you replied to and i have had one 1 dose of the vaccine. it caused me immense stress, extreme anxiety in the days following and it made me feel horrendous, and then it came out that astra zeneca can cause blood clots etc and now the vaccine i had isn't even available anymore?! how do i have any trust/faith in that.
i have tested positive for covid since my first dose and i had mild levels of anxiety and barely had any symptoms. i have also had no longterm or lasting complications (albeit that i know of) since testing positive 4 months ago. i think i know what i'd rather do and that's not go through the stress of having another covid vaccine

• Heart
Reactions: 26

moimoi

VIP Member
I’m so conflicted. I haven’t been vaccinated as I was pregnant for the first half of the year and now breastfeeding. The stories about the vaccine messing up your period really worries me too, especially as my periods haven’t come back yet but have heard they’re usually very heavy once they return after birth. I really don’t want the vaccine but I just know we’re heading for vaccine passports, these latest rules are just the start imo. I’m fearful that I won’t be able to go to baby groups which are keeping me sane during mat leave if I don’t have the vaccine. I even rang a pharmacy before and asked if they’re accepting walk ins tomorrow. 😫

It’s all just utter shit, isn’t it?! And two years ago people were called loons for even suggesting vaccine passports were gonna be a thing.

• Sad
Reactions: 25

Motherofpugs

Chatty Member
If they had just said ‘here’s the vaccine, have it if you want it or don’t, crack on’ I wouldn’t have had the slightest interest in this thread. For as long as they won’t leave me alone to live my life as freely as I did in 2019 I will care passionately about it and make no apologies for it.

• Heart

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I don't understand people who say we are no better off than two years ago when this time last year we were just out of one lockdown and about to unknowingly go into another but a year on with the vaccine we are all living much more normal lives.
Your life might be much more normal but mine isn’t. You can only speak for yourself.
You might think it much more normal for childrens nativity’s and school productions to be cancelled, you might think it much more normal to have 3 and 4 vaccinations in a year, you might think it much more normal that plan c is coming in January. You might think it better that we’re permitted to go out and enter certain venues and events if we show proof of our covid status - which plans drawn up for the next phase “plan C” are for hospitality venues etc.

This is my opinion. We are no better off. People might think we are because we’re “allowed” to do more things - things that should never have been taken from us in the first place. We’re being fed fear every day on this new variant. The countries on egg shells as we await whether or not we’ll be “allowed” to do normal things for the forseeable. Meanwhile being shown evidence that those dictating these ridiculous and unjust measures laughed in all our faces this time last year when they partied throughout their white Christmas parties during lockdown.

This is all a farce. The only positive thing, in my opinion, is that the penny is dropping for more people.

• Heart