COVID-19 vaccine #8 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So it begins… all of the office parties have been cancelled in most major cities. A friend of mine in events is having a nightmare getting a refund from the venue due to the last minute cancellation, and because the Gov didn’t actually tell people to cancel anything, venues are arguing with offices over it. They should have just said a straight up “cancel the parties” because they’re ruining the hospitality industry anyway.
I don't get why they are cancelling when they are allowed to go ahead?! This is the problem with everyone thinking they can't go about their business, the more people do this kind of thing the more control the 'authorities' gain.

Reactions: 16
So it begins… all of the office parties have been cancelled in most major cities. A friend of mine in events is having a nightmare getting a refund from the venue due to the last minute cancellation, and because the Gov didn’t actually tell people to cancel anything, venues are arguing with offices over it. They should have just said a straight up “cancel the parties” because they’re ruining the hospitality industry anyway.

everyone loses out except Boris and co! This affects everyone except them in their cozy offices on 80k a year!

thase scaremongering headlines and press conferences are so beyond bloody stupid. Just get on with it. A virus will mutate. We’re no doubt going to be shut down again. More jobs, businesses and livelihoods lost.
And what about the pay for the staff who run pubs and event venues when they’re not needed? Oh yeah, forgotten about and left to have no money over Christmas. Feel so sorry for everyone affected by this.

Same, it just breaks my heart. The minute that the media started hyping this up into mass panic, I thought here we go. By saying people should wear facemasks again has triggered everyone into panic. Boris did not say wear a facemask when in a restaurant, no, but if you start the panic and tell people they have to wear them in workplaces etc because big bad Omicron is here, then yes people will start living in fear again and avoiding everyone like they are plague carriers. So of course everyone would start cancelling bookings left right and centre, because (in their minds) if I have to wear a facemask at work or in shops because i might get this new variant and die, then it's a millisecond of a leap to 'that means I shouldn't go near anyone in any capacity, especially in a group setting.

Workers in hospitality will not get paid and not get furlough. Please people, think carefully before cancelling any bookings, because that cancellation may mean someone loses their job.

Is Boris actually Oliver Cromwell reincarnated?

Reactions: 12
I don't get why they are cancelling when they are allowed to go ahead?! This is the problem with everyone thinking they can't go about their business, the more people do this kind of thing the more control the 'authorities' gain.
Because as a business owner or someone responsible for a Christmas party of 200 people, you don’t want to be blamed in any capacity for anyone getting Covid. It’s the “safest” thing to do in their eyes from a business and PR perspective really.

they’re hyper vigilant basically, overly so

Reactions: 5
Because as a business owner or someone responsible for a Christmas party of 200 people, you don’t want to be blamed in any capacity for anyone getting Covid. It’s the “safest” thing to do in their eyes from a business and PR perspective really.

they’re hyper vigilant basically, overly so
I see that but as adults we are going to have to take responsibility for our own actions instead of being spoon fed constantly. If you want to go then go, if you don't then don't.

I went away with my hubby last week for a couple of days. We went to a concert at an arena, ate at restaurants, drank cocktails and had a fantastic time. I saw hardly anyone with masks, just many, many people having a great time. If it was this week I wouldn't be doing anything different.

We are going to become a nation of controlled citizens........oh hang on 🤔🤷‍♀️

And God forbid an unvaccinated goes to the Crimbo party, and someone gets Covid shortly afterwards 🧐👉👉👉👉👉
Infected vaccinated friends of ours had a party recently and actually passed covid onto the unvaccinated 😳

Reactions: 18
I see that but as adults we are going to have to take responsibility for our own actions instead of being spoon fed constantly. If you want to go then go, if you don't then don't.

I went away with my hubby last week for a couple of days. We went to a concert at an arena, ate at restaurants, drank cocktails and had a fantastic time. I saw hardly anyone with masks, just many, many people having a great time. If it was this week I wouldn't be doing anything different.

We are going to become a nation of controlled citizens........oh hang on 🤔🤷‍♀️

Infected vaccinated friends of ours had a party recently and actually passed covid onto the unvaccinated 😳

You are right, unvaxxed can get Covid from vaxxed. But that seems to be acceptable, no one gives a toss - I would go as far as 'well that's their fault for not getting vaxxed' attitude. Not all, but some.

The other way round though? Whoooa cue muchos finger pointing and that person being made to feel like a leper (if they didn't already).

Shocking double standards.

I am even considering not going to our Xmas do (if it goes ahead) because Covid will come up for discussion, people start getting on their high horse, and there would be a complete meltdown if they find out I'm not vaxxed. I don't want to sit there and listen to pretty much the entire team putting down 'antivaxxers' and 'conspiracy theorists', and feeling so awkward and uncomfortable. Plus if someone did get Covid, life would be even more unbearable, the looks, the avoidance, the unspoken accusations. Plus I do not want to wear a facemask just to move from the table.

Sounds like you and hubby had a wonderful weekend 🥰

• Heart
You are right, unvaxxed can get Covid from vaxxed. But that seems to be acceptable, no one gives a toss - I would go as far as 'well that's their fault for not getting vaxxed' attitude. Not all, but some.

The other way round though? Whoooa cue muchos finger pointing and that person being made to feel like a leper (if they didn't already).

Shocking double standards.

I am even considering not going to our Xmas do (if it goes ahead) because Covid will come up for discussion, people start getting on their high horse, and there would be a complete meltdown if they find out I'm not vaxxed. I don't want to sit there and listen to pretty much the entire team putting down 'antivaxxers' and 'conspiracy theorists', and feeling so awkward and uncomfortable. Plus if someone did get Covid, life would be even more unbearable, the looks, the avoidance, the unspoken accusations. Plus I do not want to wear a facemask just to move from the table
Yep, total double standards.

With regards your Christmas party that would be a decision you came to on your own which I totally respect.

What I can't get behind is the total blanket ban/cancellation of events, it's madness all over again!

We did thank you 😊 it was our 20 year wedding anniversary in 2020 and we have had 2 weekends away cancelled so this was just what we needed. We are loved up again, for a bit!! 🤣😍

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just saw the NV is in the US too the CDC want everyone from 5yr + to be vaccinated / boosters ...Eta a fully vaccinated traveller

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Just saw the NV is in the US too the CDC want everyone from 5yr + to be vaccinated / boosters ...Eta a fully vaccinated traveller

That was already on the cards nothing to do with the new variant

In Canada everyone over 12 needs to be vaccinated to travel.

They just started vaccinating children 5-11 yrs a week ago so when that's done the new rule will be for anyone over 5yrs.

They plan to start vaccinating babies early next year starting at 6 months old to 4 years .

When that's done the rule will be amended to anyone over 6 months old will need to be vaccinated

This was all in the works before the latest variant news.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
That was already on the cards nothing to do with the new variant

In Canada everyone over 12 needs to be vaccinated to travel.

They just started vaccinating children 5-11 yrs a week ago so when that's done the new rule will be for anyone over 5yrs.

They plan to start vaccinating babies early next year starting at 6 months old to 4 years .

When that's done the rule will be amended to anyone over 6 months old will need to be vaccinated

This was all in the works before the latest variant news.
Yeah I know :( 4 million kids now vaccinated more proof it's nothing to do with public health but to keep the economy going they're trying to turn it endemic before it's time and it's biting back.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Yeah I know :( 4 million kids now vaccinated more proof it's nothing to do with public health but to keep the economy going they're trying to turn it endemic before it's time and it's biting back.

In Canada it's not about the economy it's about control

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Money is control .

I'm not going to get into the details of what's going on in Canada with the economy and Trudeau as I don't want to derail the thread

However Trudeau is unconcerned about the economy and rampant inflation .

He is however very interested in control.

His other priority at the moment is pushing through an internet censorship bill to further prevent any dissent or criticism of the government.
As well as this is avoiding parliament so he doesn't have to face any political opposition.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I'm not going to get into the details of what's going on in Canada with the economy and Trudeau as I don't want to derail the thread

However Trudeau is unconcerned about the economy and rampant inflation .

He is however very interested in control.

His other priority at the moment is pushing through an internet censorship bill to further prevent any dissent or criticism of the government.
As well as this is avoiding parliament so he doesn't have to face any political opposition.
Must take after his real Da ;)

Jeez it’s not even a one off fine it’s rolling 🙄

Even worse in Italy
9897D76D-A4C1-43B3-AC20-CF7A974A51EE.jpeg

Again the Government do what they like while their citizens are taken for C@nts , I wonder what he’s learnt 🤔

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I had both the initial vaccines (slightly reluctantly) - mainly as I thought it would be our passport to freedom.

Not getting any booster, or booster to boost the booster or triple booster, whatever they throw at us next 🙄

I’m beginning to feel so isolated with the propaganda to get the vaccine / booster not only coming from the government but also my own friends and family who are trying to convince me to get a booster. I am drifting away from a few friends because as soon as the conversation mentions vaccines someone is jumping on you to get it or trying to convince you it’s the best thing since sliced bread.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Money is control .

It wouldn’t surprise me if they did start fining people
Nick Ferrari, the pinnacle of all things health 🙄 He’s been doing my head in lately. You’ve had two years to shift that timber, Nick. Obesity is impacting on far more people and resources. These arseholes need bringing into check.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Was just saying the same on an influencers thread ,she's delighted she's had her booster to protect from Covid but is about 10st overweight not afraid of a heart attack though .

• Haha
  • Wow
Our secondary school announced its was closed Sunday night to all but 2 year groups. It was due to reopen today but will stay closed all week. Too many staff off due to covid to safely staff the school apparently. Wasn’t part of the vax drive assurances that this wouldn’t happen and schools would stay open.

Reactions: 10
Rest assured they’ll not be stopping boosting anytime soon 🙄
E8EDF880-02A5-4C60-B4CB-0109925C5FDB.jpeg
E36A6C02-28E4-44F4-A272-52555D2F31C3.jpeg

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.