COVID-19 vaccine #8 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How am I NOT understanding it?

In real life and not just those trying to sound Saint like on here, they are getting vaccinated to get their freedoms back, not to save the vulnerable, because that's the current narrative. Get jabbed and get your freedoms back. However they are still under the same restrictions as those who are not vaccinated, despite being told they wouldn't be. So now the vaccine passport is being introduced slowly to placate them.

Had an interesting conversation with a double vaccinated couple who are saying they chose to vaccinate in order to get back to gigs theatres and holidays abroad and they aren't happy that theyve had the vaccines as they both had underlying conditions etc that the vaccine could bring to the surface etc yet those unvaccinated are still given the same privilege BUT they don't want a two tier society so are refusing boosters from now on.

I really couldn't care less about peoples vaccine status. I care more that people amongst us are desperate for a two tier society as though it makes them a cut above because they can do as they please as they are vaccinated.

And the more you look for it, the more you see it, e.g. they care less about distance and handwashing because they are 50% less likely to pass it or catch it so literally don't care.

All of a sudden peoples medical history and procedures are no longer private and are up for debate so people can judge you.
You’ll find people who took if for other reasons.

As this thread nears to a close it’s good to see 75% of people here do not support children being vaccinated with coronavirus vaccinations. It’s frightening 25% support vaccination in some age groups and in some circumstances (in my opinion)!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
If this sounds selfish then oh well but I only took the vaccine and booster for the sole reason I can travel to Japan when it reopens, I didn't take it to protect others because It's not gonna stop me catching the virus and spreading it. I have no problem if people don't want to get vaccinated, being vaccinated does not make anyone a better person than someone who is isn't vaccinated. Everyone should have a choice when it comes to their own lives and their health. Punishing people who don't conform to society values is only going to cause more unrest and wouldn't surprise me if it lead to riots like we saw before. Nobody should be living in fear of having their freedoms taken away.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The point that people take it other than because Boris said so or because they want freedom.

Leaving aside an individual's motivation to be vaccinated.

Do you think that people who decide not to have the vaccine should have freedoms removed?

That was really the main gist of the post you were responding to.

Reactions: 7
Leaving aside an individual's motivation to be vaccinated.

Do you think that people who decide not to have the vaccine should have freedoms removed?

That was really the main gist of the post you were responding to.
But they chose to ignore that they frequently do. They have a unique way of picking parts of threads, giving vague replies and blowing the rest away as though it doesn't exist.

Bit like a Politician, can never give a straight answer and tries to pretend the obvious isnt directly in front them.

Reactions: 4
As this thread nears to a close it’s good to see 75% of people here do not support children being vaccinated with coronavirus vaccinations. It’s frightening 25% support vaccination in some age groups and in some circumstances (in my opinion)!
I would support it for those children where the benefit outweighs the risk on the advice of their doctor and parental agreement, but not under any other circumstances.

Reactions: 6
If this sounds selfish then oh well but I only took the vaccine and booster for the sole reason I can travel to Japan when it reopens, I didn't take it to protect others because It's not gonna stop me catching the virus and spreading it. I have no problem if people don't want to get vaccinated, being vaccinated does not make anyone a better person than someone who is isn't vaccinated. Everyone should have a choice when it comes to their own lives and their health. Punishing people who don't conform to society values is only going to cause more unrest and wouldn't surprise me if it lead to riots like we saw before. Nobody should be living in fear of having their freedoms taken away.
Everyone who had the vaccine has done it for a selfish reason, whether they want to admit or not.

I've more respect for those that say why they've had it rather than those who say what they think people want to hear and then berate those who haven't had it.

Reactions: 10

I don't have any time for the various polls we see

There are a lot of credibility issues with them

Even if they were true and a majority thought it reasonable to segregate a portion of society and remove their freedoms it's still wrong.

Reactions: 3
Everyone who had the vaccine has done it for a selfish reason, whether they want to admit or not.

I've more respect for those that say why they've had it rather than those who say what they think people want to hear and then berate those who haven't had it.
I had it for health reasons I'm really selfish for wanting to prolong my life 😂 ( if it works that is )

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I had it for health reasons I'm really selfish for wanting to prolong my life 😂 ( if it works that is )
But the reason you had it was to benefit you. You prolonging your life has no impact on me, I couldn't care less.

But I care when people are taking it to try and lord it above others in the excitement that they get privileges that others dont and there are plenty of people doing that too

Reactions: 5
NEW THREAD

I heard some of Jeremy Vine's radio 2 show today. They were talking about vaccine mandates, and some delusional woman who rang in actually had me shouting at the radio.

She said that vaccines and the passports should be mandated because.. and get this... she was double jabbed and ended up in hospital in a high dependency unit really ill with covid. She said she'd also take her booster.

Her thoughts were that it probably came from someone unvaccinated, but did admit she couldn't prove that (no tit sherlock) and that if all mandates happened then she wouldn't have been so ill.... eh?? YOU WERE DOUBLE JABBED!!

It literally never occurred to her that the jabs she loves and wants mandated didn't stop her getting seriously ill.
These people exist and I don't know how anyone can get through to them!
It's people like her that will end up getting this fake public debate (and I say fake because we all know its going to happen regardless) looking like people actually want it to happen

• Haha
Reactions: 10
But the reason you had it was to benefit you. You prolonging your life has no impact on me, I couldn't care less.

But I care when people are taking it to try and lord it above others in the excitement that they get privileges that others dont and there are plenty of people doing that too
I've never made out any different. I've said before I only had it to benefit me not Aggie two doors down, I don't believe it does anything for transmission and only benefits the person having it I've always maintained that ,even though I got hell from plenty of people who believe it does benefit Aggie ,but I don't lord it over anybody I don't even have a vaccine passport or take advantage of anything that it supposedly brings me you're statement is just as bad as the pro vaxxers lumping people together because you believe a certain thing when it only applies to a minority of people.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.