COVID-19 vaccine #6 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's disgusting about the truth? They chose not to have the vaccine knowing the consequences to their career, right?
These are women who have been trained for person centred approach, body autonomy, the right to choose and consent. All of those things you're taught when dealing with the public and when they're at their most vulnerable.
They're literally choosing what they have been trained and what they advocate to their patients.
Meanwhile their patients don't have to make the choice of having a vaccine before they get care (as is their human right).

I guess with your opinion that now women have the choice of if they get pregnant when there might be a huge shortage of midwife care, therefore putting them and their babies at risk?
Maybe then if those pregnant women run into any complications then it's their fault for putting themselves and their babies at risk because other women have made a free choice like they have?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
When it comes to people who are employed to work in hospitals I believe those people should be reducing the risk to all patients they may come across.

They have chosen their path. I'm not going to clutch my pearls over someone who made themselves voluntarily redundant.
But you do realise that when these people quit there will be less staff to look after the patients? Why would you want people to suffer unnecessarily because of staff shortages. This is only going to harm the vulnerable more.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
These are women who have been trained for person centred approach, body autonomy, the right to choose and consent. All of those things you're taught when dealing with the public and when they're at their most vulnerable.
They're literally choosing what they have been trained and what they advocate to their patients.
Meanwhile their patients don't have to make the choice of having a vaccine before they get care (as is their human right).

I guess with your opinion that now women have the choice of if they get pregnant when there might be a huge shortage of midwife care, therefore putting them and their babies at risk?
Maybe then if those pregnant women run into any complications then it's their fault for putting themselves and their babies at risk because other women have made a free choice like they have?
I just think it's irresponsible to put patients at risk.

If I had a relative who caught covid off a midwife in hospital, or from a home visit, and suffered serious health complications as a result (or worse) I know how I'd feel about the person who put them in that position.

But you do realise that when these people quit there will be less staff to look after the patients? Why would you want people to suffer unnecessarily because of staff shortages. This is only going to harm the vulnerable more.
Yes and they also realise that when they quit there will be less staff to look after the patients. But point scoring seems more important to them.

If I had a relative who caught covid off a midwife in hospital, or from a home visit, and suffered serious health complications as a result (or worse) I know how I'd feel about the person who put them in that position.

Yes and they also realise that when they quit there will be less staff to look after the patients. But point scoring seems more important to them.
How will you feel if and when a relative or friend or even yourself becomes ill at some point which is inevitable for us all, and you can’t get appropriate healthcare because there are not enough staff to treat you, not because people are untrained or unwell but because people who are trained and have a lifetime of experience and skills aswell as qualifications are being declined a job because they won’t take a vaccine for a disease that’s transmissible whether they’re vaccinated or not?

I’ve a feeling your initial comment won’t age well for you. We will all need the nhs at some point and as it stands it’s already weak at the knees so when they force those who have declined the vaccine out of their job we will inevitably cost many people their lives who would of otherwise survived with the staff there to manage their illness.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

I bet your relative who caught covid off the midwife wasn’t whinging when she delivered her baby safely and ensuring everything was okay when bringing the baby home.

Reactions: 10
How will you feel if and when a relative or friend or even yourself becomes ill at some point which is inevitable for us all, and you can’t get appropriate healthcare because there are not enough staff to treat you, not because people are untrained or unwell but because people who are trained and have a lifetime of experience and skills aswell as qualifications are being declined a job because they won’t take a vaccine for a disease that’s transmissible whether they’re vaccinated or not?

I’ve a feeling your initial comment won’t age well for you. We will all need the nhs at some point and as it stands it’s already weak at the knees so when they force those who have declined the vaccine out of their job we will inevitably cost many people their lives who would of otherwise survived with the staff there to manage their illness.
I think they're a drop in the ocean. I know several people who work in the NHS and they all had their jabs, earlier than most as they were entitled to be among some of the first due to the type of job they do and the fact they work with ill, vulnerable people.

I don't believe that a sizeable amount of frontline NHS staff have refused the jab.

The NHS needs more funding and the staff need to be paid better - this would attract more people to the job - improving patient care and staff morale. I suspect more have quit out of sheer exhaustion and stress caused by the government's naff handling of the crisis. The government are the ones who'll have blood on their hands.

Reactions: 3
I think they're a drop in the ocean. I know several people who work in the NHS and they all had their jabs, earlier than most as they were entitled to be among some of the first due to the type of job they do and the fact they work with ill, vulnerable people.

I don't believe that a sizeable amount of frontline NHS staff have refused the jab.

The NHS needs more funding and the staff need to be paid better - this would attract more people to the job. I suspect more have quit out of sheer exhaustion and stress caused by the government's naff handling of the crisis. They're the ones who'll have blood on their hands.
8% of the nhs is unvaccinated. 116k employees. Not really a drop in the ocean when you’re the one needing the healthcare be it an appointment with gp, practice nurse, nurse led clinic, a bed in a ward, you’ll feel it and then you’ll realise it’s not really about your safety.

With Brexit and covid the nhs is already on its last breath, it takes years to train people into these roles it’s not a quick fix that an increase in salary would do.

Reactions: 11
So I’m sure the people who are so happy to see unvaxxed medical staff forced out, will be the same level of happy when their life is on the line and there’s potentially no one to treat them?

No? Thought not.

8% of the nhs is unvaccinated. 116k employees. Not really a drop in the ocean when you’re the one needing the healthcare be it an appointment with gp, practice nurse, nurse led clinic, a bed in a ward, you’ll feel it and then you’ll realise it’s not really about your safety.

With Brexit and covid the nhs is already on its last breath, it takes years to train people into these roles it’s not a quick fix that an increase in salary would do.
Absolutely agree with this, I think If ensay was on deaths door or needed life saving surgery she wouldn’t give two shits if the healthcare staff/surgeons were jabbed or not!!

Reactions: 6

You really do have a blinkered out look on life and seem to lack empathy. How do you know if the midwife was unvaxxed? She may have been BEING AS IT DOESN’T STOP TRANSMISSION……

• Haha
I think there has been some confusion on here and people getting mixed up between members - one of the above comments sounded like they were referring to posts I had previously

It was me who talked about working in research and clinical trials but also working in a vaccine clinic; I don't work in research any more but obviously have colleagues who still do which is why I'm aware of the adverse event reporting for the trials (or lack of adverse events). What I did quote was that there had been no serious adverse reactions to the vaccines in the thousands of NHS staff who attended my clinic. I was working there as redeployed from my current role due to the pandemic

I'm not going into it or arguing any further but will continue to read with interest - it's not worth it

I think a lot will change their minds, especially as we'll soon be reaching the year anniversary from when jabs started. There's only so long that the excuse of "not knowing long term effects" will wash.

Wasn't it that 92% had had 1 jab? That means there are more that haven't had both jabs. So in theory it could be more than 8%? And then what happens if someone doesn't want their booster? Then you're looking at firing a hell of a lot of NHS staff!

Reactions: 8
I think a lot will change their minds, especially as we'll soon be reaching the year anniversary from when jabs started. There's only so long that the excuse of "not knowing long term effects" will wash.
Let’s not be foolish, anyone who hasn’t taken a vaccine at this stage isn’t going to change their mind. They don’t want it. They’ve been on the frontline and still don’t want it.

Reactions: 13
I think there has been some confusion on here and people getting mixed up between members - one of the above comments sounded like they were referring to posts I had previously

It was me who talked about working in research and clinical trials but also working in a vaccine clinic; I don't work in research any more but obviously have colleagues who still do which is why I'm aware of the adverse event reporting for the trials (or lack of adverse events). What I did quote was that there had been no serious adverse reactions to the vaccines in the thousands of NHS staff who attended my clinic. I was working there as redeployed from my current role due to the pandemic

I'm not going into it or arguing any further but will continue to read with interest - it's not worth it
I wish you would post more. I'd be interested. Add a bit of balance to a massively unbalanced thread. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
No.

Imagine you are a chef. Or a barista. Or a food journalist. Or a baker.
Wouldn't really bother a barista. I got sick of the smell off coffee.

Also everyone I knew who lost their smell and taste including me got it back eventually, even if it was 6 months. It's not a real symptoms, it's just an inconvenience.

Reactions: 1

No confusion, this was before you joined here. :)

Reactions: 2
Let’s not be foolish, anyone who hasn’t taken a vaccine at this stage isn’t going to change their mind. They don’t want it. They’ve been on the frontline and still don’t want it.
I have faith many will.

This article details how the numbers can be changed:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.