COVID-19 vaccine #6 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair, this thread was for those refusing the jab and general vaccine discussion
The thread was initially called ‘who else isn’t getting the covid vaccine’ but somewhere along the way it changed to vaccine discussions.

Reactions: 6
It actually was called this from the very first thread:

“Refusing the Covid 19 vaccine & general vaccine conversation.”
No it wasn’t it was called ‘who else is not getting the covid vaccine’ I was quite active on the first thread and remember it being changed. I was also banned from commenting on one of them for arguing with a member (nothing new there 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I wish you would post more. I'd be interested. Add a bit of balance to a massively unbalanced thread. 😂
It was a refusing the vaccine thread to start with……..I wish it had remained.

Reactions: 11
Wasn't it that 92% had had 1 jab?
96% of staff in the Trust I work for have had both initial doses, I don’t have any data on boosters though as no longer involved

I wish you would post more. I'd be interested. Add a bit of balance to a massively unbalanced thread. 😂
Sadly I have a very short fuse/zero tolerance and it’s gotten me into trouble before so I made a deal with myself to tone it down

No confusion, this was before you joined here. :)
Ah ok… it sounded just like me that’s all 😂

Reactions: 3
No it wasn’t it was called ‘who else is not getting the covid vaccine’ I was quite active on the first thread and remember it being changed. I was also banned from commenting on one of them for arguing with a member (nothing new there 😂)
If you go back to the first thread it shows this title - Refusing the Covid 19 vaccine & general vaccine conversation.

Was it changed then?

Delayed headache after COVID-19 vaccination: a red flag for vaccine induced cerebral venous thrombosis

Reactions: 4
I just think it's irresponsible to put patients at risk.

If I had a relative who caught covid off a midwife in hospital, or from a home visit, and suffered serious health complications as a result (or worse) I know how I'd feel about the person who put them in that position.
So two things...

1, a vaccinated midwife who had their jabs over 4mths ago could easily pass on covid. I say 4mths because Pfizer studies have said that then the efficacy has already waned to around 50%... might even be 46% 🤔

2, how would you know that the midwife has passed in on? She could be asymptomatic, the mother will have come into contact with HCAs, paediatricians, nursing staff, consultants, other mothers. The mother might have been out baby shopping just the day before and picked it up in town

At no point can we pass blame, vaccine or not, transmission, infection, hospitalisations and death are still happening.
I get that having the jab 'might' help a bit, bit there's still no guarantee.

Bloody hell, even triple vaccinated people are getting really ill!!

Personally, having worked in care and knowing how desperate people can be when they need care, all I want is staff. I couldn't care less at this point what their vaccine status is, I just want my loved ones, or me cared for

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think they're a drop in the ocean. I know several people who work in the NHS and they all had their jabs, earlier than most as they were entitled to be among some of the first due to the type of job they do and the fact they work with ill, vulnerable people.

I don't believe that a sizeable amount of frontline NHS staff have refused the jab.

The NHS needs more funding and the staff need to be paid better - this would attract more people to the job - improving patient care and staff morale. I suspect more have quit out of sheer exhaustion and stress caused by the government's naff handling of the crisis. The government are the ones who'll have blood on their hands.
I work for the NHS. Our trust has a lot higher than 8% unvaccinated. We also have constant vacancies in most teams and have done for the last 2 years, we have a high turnover and particularly the past year or so have found it increasingly difficult to fill vacancies, we have jobs that have been vacant 3 months, 1 year and so on. We have had vacancies that get a handful of applicants if lucky.. Contrary to what people believe people arent flocking to jobs, certainly not NHS. Add in losses from brexit, the grant for student nurses/midwives etc being sacked off/tuition fees, high levels of sickness, covid absences eg; isolating. If you have a trust with even 'only' 10-15% unjabbed when you add in everything else it is not a drop in the ocean. And just to add that even with the vaccinations and booster we have huge amounts of staff transmitting it and testing positive and being off sick🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 11
It was a refusing the vaccine thread to start with……..I wish it had remained.
Why? Echo chambers are never good. I probably disagree with at least 80% of the people in this thread, but I still think it's important to discuss things with people I disagree with.

Why? Echo chambers are never good. I probably disagree with at least 80% of the people in this thread, but I still think it's important to discuss things with people I disagree with.
You’re assuming discussion is mostly civil around this topic. It isn’t. There’s usually a general theme of ridicule, slurring and judgement when it comes to deciding not to take the vaccine. I think the thread was originally started as a ‘safer space’ to discuss with other people in similar positions. At least that’s why I originally joined it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Isn’t the whole world your echo chamber. Ever news outlet, newspaper etc…. Hence why we are here.
I am not a fan of tyranny, regardless ,of the issue……obviously you don’t seem to oppose it.

Reactions: 13
The thread title doesn't make that clear.
There was very briefly a pro vaccine thread but it was merged back into this one and that’s when the title of this one went from ‘refusing’ to ‘general discussion’. I would have liked a safe space to discuss pro vaccine stuff but it ended up just causing more problems between members and that’s when I backed off a bit

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think they're a drop in the ocean. I know several people who work in the NHS and they all had their jabs, earlier than most as they were entitled to be among some of the first due to the type of job they do and the fact they work with ill, vulnerable people.

I don't believe that a sizeable amount of frontline NHS staff have refused the jab.

The NHS needs more funding and the staff need to be paid better - this would attract more people to the job - improving patient care and staff morale. I suspect more have quit out of sheer exhaustion and stress caused by the government's naff handling of the crisis. The government are the ones who'll have blood on their hands.
In excess of 100,000 I think that's sizeable for a healthservice already under pressure.

Reactions: 10
You’re assuming discussion is mostly civil around this topic. It isn’t. There’s usually a general theme of ridicule, slurring and judgement when it comes to deciding not to take the vaccine. I think the thread was originally started as a ‘safer space’ to discuss with other people in similar positions. At least that’s why I originally joined it.
It just seems pointless having a discussion thread where everyone agrees. Wouldn't it get boring?

It just seems pointless having a discussion thread where everyone agrees. Wouldn't it get boring?
Or…. It can actually be more enjoyable talking to people with like minded opinions and share information with each other? There has been plenty articles posted on here that I have shared with my friends and family that I wouldn’t have came across otherwise.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.