COVID-19 vaccine #22 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"New Zealand’s health authorities and blood service argued that allowing the parents to refuse vaccinated blood would set a dangerous precedent, in which patients could demand to pick and choose where their blood came from."

Madness. The last article posted said the parents had already identified 20 unvaccinated donors who were already on the blood donor register. They weren't refusing ALL donations.

Reactions: 11
"New Zealand’s health authorities and blood service argued that allowing the parents to refuse vaccinated blood would set a dangerous precedent, in which patients could demand to pick and choose where their blood came from."

Madness. The last article posted said the parents had already identified 20 unvaccinated donors who were already on the blood donor register. They weren't refusing ALL donations.
It seems odd they're taking away parental rights till after the op but then restoring those rights again as they don't see them as a danger to the child and fit enough to raise it 🤷‍♀️

"I know that most who are reading this column avoid flu shots like the plague. But I’m sure you have many friends and family members who rush out to get their flu shot each season like it was as good for them – and as harmless – as a B-12 shot.

If they listen to you at all, learning that flu shots, similar to the Covid shots offer risk but no benefit is disturbing, The reaction to this information is predictable. Many people will deny it. Then many more will become angry and call it ‘misinformation.’ Denial is most pervasive among doctors and public health officials who encourage everyone to “get your flu shot NOW!” despite convincing evidence that they don’t protect you from getting the flu.

Denials from friends and family may sound something like this:

“Well, the flu shot always protects me.”

“Shouldn’t some people get the flu shot?”

“My doctor would never recommend something that wasn’t beneficial or could be harmful. I really LIKE my doctor!”

Reversing the ingrained beliefs about the effectiveness of flu shots is difficult, even in light of solid evidence. Many will never give up their long-held belief that a flu shot protects them from the flu.

I’ll close today with two of my favorite quotes:

The first, by Dresden James, a pen name of the writer Donald James Wheal, said: ‘It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat.’

James is also noted for saying one of my other long time favorite quotes:

“A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.”

Welcome to the Club of Raving Lunatics."

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This feels me with both rage and heartbreak at the same time. This is evil like I've never seen before is a supposed civilised country!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
This feels me with both rage and heartbreak at the same time. This is evil like I've never seen before is a supposed civilised country!

Oh that was hard to watch. They had found alternative donors. Taking the child from the parents is just plain wrong.

A part of the "just following orders." brigade.

May trigger the sensitive folk.

"Don’t you see, we SS men were not supposed to think about these things; it never even occurred to us. . . . We were all so trained to obey orders without even thinking that the thought of disobeying an order would simply never have occurred to anybody, and somebody else would have done just as well if I hadn’t. . . . I really never gave much thought to whether it was wrong. It just seemed a necessity. "

Rudolf Höss,

• Sad
Reactions: 6

Fills*

Oh that was hard to watch. They had found alternative donors. Taking the child from the parents is just plain wrong.

A part of the "just following orders." brigade.

May trigger the sensitive folk.

"Don’t you see, we SS men were not supposed to think about these things; it never even occurred to us. . . . We were all so trained to obey orders without even thinking that the thought of disobeying an order would simply never have occurred to anybody, and somebody else would have done just as well if I hadn’t. . . . I really never gave much thought to whether it was wrong. It just seemed a necessity. "

Rudolf Höss,
Yeah it's disgusting. And what's worse is they have the donors so should be no issue. It's not like they're refusing him a transfusion! I hope the people of New Zealand are outraged by this!

Reactions: 5
Must be worse than anticipated
NI set for Strep A case surge as extra assessment centre opened in Co Antrim

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...ment-centre-opened-in-co-antrim-42209010.html

View attachment 1795408

It's not routinely tested for though, although there has been the surge in children sadly dying this is what has led to more tests being carried out, even on children with very mild symptoms who wouldnt normally see a doctor. I don't mean to minimise it as of course parents should be aware of the symptoms and get checked out/tested if concerned, but it's important the data doesn't get covid-ed as it doesn't tell the whole story. The additional centre is a very good idea though as childrens services overwhelmed with kids with sore throats is a disaster waiting to happen.

Reactions: 1
It's not routinely tested for though, although there has been the surge in children sadly dying this is what has led to more tests being carried out, even on children with very mild symptoms who wouldnt normally see a doctor. I don't mean to minimise it as of course parents should be aware of the symptoms and get checked out/tested if concerned, but it's important the data doesn't get covid-ed as it doesn't tell the whole story. The additional centre is a very good idea though as childrens services overwhelmed with kids with sore throats is a disaster waiting to happen.
I never said it was tested for? It’s got nothing to do with covid it’s bacterial, our health service is the worst in the UK so it’s needed.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.