COVID-19 vaccine #22 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From the article: '...coroner Anita Bhardwaj said: 'It's more likely than not the alcohol consumed has rendered Kay unconcious. Kay has vomited and inhaled gastric acid into her upper airway, resulting in her death.'
Awful way to die, and sadly not uncommon. But nothing to do with vaccines so why post it on the vaccine thread?

Reactions: 4
From the article: '...coroner Anita Bhardwaj said: 'It's more likely than not the alcohol consumed has rendered Kay unconcious. Kay has vomited and inhaled gastric acid into her upper airway, resulting in her death.'
Awful way to die, and sadly not uncommon. But nothing to do with vaccines so why post it on the vaccine thread?
Notice that it says "more than likely". That does not to me rule out it being linked to the vaccine. Anyway if you don't agree with what I post, please feel free to ignore and move on. Anyway back on ignore 👍

Brave man

Reactions: 5
Another vaccine death.

What rubbish will they think up next 🙄

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Notice that it says "more than likely". That does not to me rule out it being linked to the vaccine. Anyway if you don't agree with what I post, please feel free to ignore and move on. Anyway back on ignore 👍
I get your point about the ambiguity of that first sentence but I take the 'more likely than not' to refer just to the fact that the extreme excess alcohol had made the poor woman unconscious. So when she threw up while unconscious she had no chance as she choked on it without a cough reflex. Inhaling/choking on vomit caused her death. Happens so often with alcohol-related deaths, horrendous. 🙁

Reactions: 1
I can assure you that’s not always the case, I could see SF in my child when my GP could not, I was the one insisted on antibiotics they said he had a virus, the Belfast child that died was brought to A&E three times and sent home again.

The UKHSA are useless they feed the public info from the government, Steve Barclay was on earlier denying there’s a shortage of antibiotics when pharmacies are saying different.
I don't really understand your point. The diagnostic and prescribing guidelines that GPs follow allow them to diagnose and treat SF on the basis of the whole clinical picture (what symptoms child has, onset/duration, known contacts/outbreak at school/local community, etc), and do not require a positive swab result before treatment in there is enough else to suggest likely SF.

If a GP doesn't think the case presenting to them fits the diagnostic criteria for SF, they aren't going to treat SF. They may request swabs and if the swabs come back positive for something treatable with antibiotics e.g. SF, I'd expect them to prescribe then. If the symptoms change/progress and the child is reviewed again, the GP may change their diagnosis because the clinical picture/likelihood has changed. But if the GP thinks what they are look at is likely SF, they absolutely can treat even without a swab result.

I don't really understand your point. The diagnostic and prescribing guidelines that GPs follow allow them to diagnose and treat SF on the basis of the whole clinical picture (what symptoms child has, onset/duration, known contacts/outbreak at school/local community, etc), and do not require a positive swab result before treatment in there is enough else to suggest likely SF.

If a GP doesn't think the case presenting to them fits the diagnostic criteria for SF, they aren't going to treat SF. They may request swabs and if the swabs come back positive for something treatable with antibiotics e.g. SF, I'd expect them to prescribe then. If the symptoms change/progress and the child is reviewed again, the GP may change their diagnosis because the clinical picture/likelihood has changed. But if the GP thinks what they are look at is likely SF, they absolutely can treat even without a swab result.
I’m talking in general terms long before this outbreak, you’re told to wait at least 3 days before seeking an antibiotic , at least that’s how it is in our area.

My GP routinely swabs for tonsillitis before they give an antibiotic.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.