COVID-19 vaccine #21 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Message I have just received this morning- woman that I work with can’t do her shift today because she is too unwell after getting her booster, can I go in and cover for her. 🥴 ummm I don’t think so, this woman once called me an anti vaxxer to another colleague behind my back, that’s karma witch ;)
Did anyone have work colleagues try & find out about your vaccine status? When the first two doses were being pushed heavily that was all people seemed to discuss in work and some had no qualms just asking outright who had / hadn’t received it. Even wfh I had colleagues telephone under the pretence of something else & then asking so have you had the vaccine yet. When I look back the stress I was under at that time was unreal, especially as most of my family got vaccinated too and I was the odd one out.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
They will say we said "it might help"
I think it's been said many times there's never been a successful vaccine for coronavirus ...ever.

https://news.sky.com/story/school-a...ords-following-pandemic-survey-finds-12732858School-age children struggling with talking and understanding words following pandemic, survey findsView attachment 1687512
Also saw another study saying Irish kids weren't meeting milestones on time. Good to know just by cutting out netflix subscriptions the majority can afford to pay for SALT privately instead of being stuck on waiting lists.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Had both 'flu vaccine and covid booster - Moderna - yesterday. One in each arm, and feeling good about getting protection before traveling to the States in a few weeks. 😁
I had mine yesterday, Pfizer in the right, Flu in the left.

One question, were you asked about having an egg allergy?

This years Flu Jab made with eggs, vegans will be pissed!!

I had mine yesterday, Pfizer in the right, Flu in the left.

One question, were you asked about having an egg allergy?

This years Flu Jab made with eggs, vegans will be pissed!!
I thought they were always egg based 🤷🏼‍♀️

Jonathan weissman also said he would not take the covid jab for religious reasons as aborted foetal cell lines were used during research development.

Note the difference: not saying there's aborted fetal cells in the product.

Reactions: 5
Did anyone have work colleagues try & find out about your vaccine status? When the first two doses were being pushed heavily that was all people seemed to discuss in work and some had no qualms just asking outright who had / hadn’t received it. Even wfh I had colleagues telephone under the pretence of something else & then asking so have you had the vaccine yet. When I look back the stress I was under at that time was unreal, especially as most of my family got vaccinated too and I was the odd one out.
Yeah I even had my hairdresser ask if I was jabbed!! I said yes because I was petrified if I said no she would have kicked off and told me to leave. Insane times.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Reactions: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Oh maybe it's a new thing- my sisters in London were never been offered it during primary school that I know of. Neither was I. The youngest left primary school around 8 years ago though.

Reactions: 1
Yeah I even had my hairdresser ask if I was jabbed!! I said yes because I was petrified if I said no she would have kicked off and told me to leave. Insane times.
With colleagues I just said about it being a personal matter and that I don’t want / expect to know their business. But boy was it stressful dealing with that for a long time, especially around Christmas last year when the vaccine passports were being brought in. I honestly thought people had lost the run of themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
With colleagues I just said about it being a personal matter and that I don’t want / expect to know their business. But boy was it stressful dealing with that for a long time, especially around Christmas last year when the vaccine passports were being brought in. I honestly thought people had lost the run of themselves.
Yeah takes a very strong person not to succumb to such pressure. I will always feel extremely proud of myself for not giving in to such peer pressure.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yeah takes a very strong person not to succumb to such pressure. I will always feel extremely proud of myself for not giving in to such peer pressure.
I didn’t use to think I was a strong person but looking back over the past 2.5yrs I think I’ve surprised myself how much I actually am. Not to sound melodramatic but there were some very dark days but glad I stood my ground. And as I was trying to say to family before, do what you want but look into it and please don’t pressurise me into doing something just because the govt / news etc are saying you’re selfish if you don’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I didn’t use to think I was a strong person but looking back over the past 2.5yrs I think I’ve surprised myself how much I actually am. Not to sound melodramatic but there were some very dark days but glad I stood my ground. And as I was trying to say to family before, do what you want but look into it and please don’t pressurise me into doing something just because the govt / news etc are saying you’re selfish if you don’t.
Well done, I think a lot of us can relate to what you are saying. It makes me more tearful than proud though what we were all put through . I'm lucky that I had my husband on the same page and that I am over 55 and not so easily influenced . This time last year I still wasn't allowed to visit family and friends in the med and was told by my 100% fully vaccinated colleagues to stop being stubborn/silly and " just get the jab". They were always implying that I was in some sort of danger for not getting vaccinated 🙄..the same colleagues who started dropping like flies with reactions, going on the sick with covid,leaving for good and having heart/thyroid tests after their boosters ( 3rd dose). 🤒☹

• Heart
Yes I’m not sure I’ll totally get over how we were treated and I certainly saw plenty of people I knew in a totally different light… some of those relationships might never recover. Likewise my husband is also on the same page as me which helped.

• Heart
Not posted in here before but wondered if anyone had any similar experiences to me. After the second vaccine, I developed floaters in both my eyes. They are so annoying!

I never had them before and they happened for the first time a day or so after the second dose of the vaccine, which I think in my case was Pfizer.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Not posted in here before but wondered if anyone had any similar experiences to me. After the second vaccine, I developed floaters in both my eyes. They are so annoying!

I never had them before and they happened for the first time a day or so after the second dose of the vaccine, which I think in my case was Pfizer.
Hi, I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Have you asked your GP to refer you to an ophthalmologist?

These two patients also developed floaters after vaccination:

Also experienced by Mark on this forum:

1667056523566.png

vestibular.org

1667056924458.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.