COVID-19 vaccine #21 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only a few rats were harmed in the making of this production….
Wasn't it 8 for the bivalent?

There were 3 male and 3 female rats ( Wistar Han) for the Pfizer biodistribution study ( Number 185350, ) which traced LNPs .

20.4% of the population of the UK is under 16. Lots of spare kids. As long as it's not your child, it doesn't really matter does it?

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Those who've already had an autumn covid booster, what did you receive? The Moderna/Pfizer booster same as last winter/spring, or the new bivalent one?
Had phizer today for myne. If i had waited for work it would had been the new one but i would rather have what i have had before then mix it up

Reactions: 2
Clearly have nothing to say so have to dig at someone’s appearance. Aren’t you a lovely human being.
It was more out of concern than anything else. I remember him from his Coast days when he seemed a happy guy, enthusiastic about his job. Now he looks ill - genuinely hope he’s ok.

Reactions: 1
#Savetherats

Had phizer today for myne. If i had waited for work it would had been the new one but i would rather have what i have had before then mix it up
Not being sarky but are you not concerned you won't have protection for the Omicron variant ?

Reactions: 5

They should get around to bloody vaccinating people quicker. My mother is always high up the list to get jabbed and they come to my parents house to do it for her. The local surgery rang her about a month ago asking if she wants the covid and flu jabs and she said yes. She was told as usual that someone will come to her house. Nobody has been yet.

Also I know my dad cannot have one yet because it's not his category but I put all his details in online to see what came up. All possible appointments were either weekday morning or weekday afternoon. No evening appointments or weekends. So basically if you want jabbing most people will have to have time off work.
This has been my experience too. I’ve got to nip out of work for my covid vaccine and I can’t get a flu vaccine till November.

And some people here were carrying on about people being coerced into having both jabs at the same time, but I can’t find a joint appointment for love nor money.

This has been my experience too. I’ve got to nip out of work for my covid vaccine and I can’t get a flu vaccine till November.

And some people here were carrying on about people being coerced into having both jabs at the same time, but I can’t find a joint appointment for love nor money.
A doctor on GB news earlier (after I got lulled into a false sense of security with some sensible concerns over what the covid inquiry will actually cover) was on about asda(?) coercing customers into having a flu jab by offering it for £9.98 with an extra quid off for people with the shop app.
The presenter whose name was familiar agreed wholeheartedly, not something that came as much of a shock...

What was a shock was this was totally unlike any other time I have tuned in to the channel.

A doctor on GB news earlier (after I got lulled into a false sense of security with some sensible concerns over what the covid inquiry will actually cover) was on about asda(?) coercing customers into having a flu jab by offering it for £9.98 with an extra quid off for people with the shop app.
The presenter whose name was familiar agreed wholeheartedly, not something that came as much of a shock...

What was a shock was this was totally unlike any other time I have tuned in to the channel.
Bizarre. I don't see why they'd think a retailer offering a discount is coercing anyone.

Last time I was in Asda I saw many offers, but I wouldn't say I felt coerced or forced to buy any of them. The banners on the shelves didn't talk to me. :D

They do it to get people through the doors knowing they'll probably also buy food while they're there.

GB News really is a joke of a channel. 😂

FIL had his flu jab on Saturday at the flu+covid special clinic. Said it was dead so there’s defo free appointments for both at once in my area - as always with the NHS it’s a postcode lottery.

Retired GP came back for the occasion (💸💸🤑) and asked him was he really sure he didn’t want the covid jab and has someone told him it’s not a good idea and he said he was sure after his son took seizures following his second one, it was enough for him to make his mind up.

Reactions: 6
That's interesting that they're still offering the pfizer booster, which is what I had last time, back in January. Like you I'd prefer to have that again than add another manufacturer.

Why are people not wanting to mix them? Just curious. If they’re safe and effective where does the apprehension come from?

#Savetherats

Not being sarky but are you not concerned you won't have protection for the Omicron variant ?
Great point but my thought is, protection for the (admittedly rarer now but) more serious alpha/delta variants is still there in the original pfizer/moderna boosters. Even though omicron is more transmissable it's less serious (hospitalisations & deaths-wise) than delta so I'd be less worried about not having protection from that, especially as I still mask up in shops and am basically a misanthropic hermit anyway! 😷😳😂

Why are people not wanting to mix them? Just curious. If they’re safe and effective where does the apprehension come from?
It's not so much apprehension as experience with previous vaccines. I had a pretty strong short-term reaction to a polio booster in my 20s and am sensitive to drugs generally. Mixing was a good idea with the original 2 x doses of coviid vaccine and booster, to broaden protection levels, eg I had 2 x AZ doses then a pfizer booster. Ideally I'd rather not add another manufacturer (ie moderna) for this booster, having had a pretty robust (short-term) reaction to AZ no. 1 but then I was absolutely fine with AZ 2 and pfizer booster. So I guess moderna is an unknown for me. I've chatted with doctors and nurses at the vacciantion centre each time, asking questions. I always read up in advance on ingredients, vaccine studies, efficacy and side effects, etc. Have been happy with my decision to get the jabs, and respect it's a personal choice whether to have them or not.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Glad you made the right choice for you.

For anyone else interested this is Pfizer's list of ingredients released officially.

"The full quantitative composition of each COVID-19 vaccine is exempt under Section 41* and Section 43* of the FOI Act."

1664832789907.png

1664832844537.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Great point but my thought is, protection for the (admittedly rarer now but) more serious alpha/delta variants is still there in the original pfizer/moderna boosters. Even though omicron is more transmissable it's less serious (hospitalisations & deaths-wise) than delta so I'd be less worried about not having protection from that, especially as I still mask up in shops and am basically a misanthropic hermit anyway! 😷😳😂

It's not so much apprehension as experience with previous vaccines. I had a pretty strong short-term reaction to a polio booster in my 20s and am sensitive to drugs generally. Mixing was a good idea with the original 2 x doses of coviid vaccine and booster, to broaden protection levels, eg I had 2 x AZ doses then a pfizer booster. Ideally I'd rather not add another manufacturer (ie moderna) for this booster, having had a pretty robust (short-term) reaction to AZ no. 1 but then I was absolutely fine with AZ 2 and pfizer booster. So I guess moderna is an unknown for me. I've chatted with doctors and nurses at the vacciantion centre each time, asking questions. I always read up in advance on ingredients, vaccine studies, efficacy and side effects, etc. Have been happy with my decision to get the jabs, and respect it's a personal choice whether to have them or not.
Thanks for replying. I hope all goes smoothly for you this time around too and you’re able to get your preferred manufacturer! Keep us posted, we’ll be thinking of you.

Reactions: 4

You were very lucky to get Drs and nurses to chat with you about it most people had volunteers doing their jabs.

You were very lucky to get Drs and nurses to chat with you about it most people had volunteers doing their jabs.
One influencer I follow also signed up. ( Simon Hooper). If you follow his “hapless dad can’t cope with my kids” page don’t think you’d want him either.

Yes I was lucky ours is a huge vaccination centre and if you had any questions or wanted to chat through concerns about allergies or sensitivity to other historic vaccines there was always docs and nurses to chat to. I'm from a science/medical background so always want to grill/chat with doctors anyway! 🤓

Reactions: 3
Yes I was lucky ours is a huge vaccination centre and if you had any questions or wanted to chat through concerns about allergies or sensitivity to other historic vaccines there was always docs and nurses to chat to. I'm from a science/medical background so always want to grill/chat with doctors anyway! 🤓
Don't you trust the science then 😂 it's a crime to question apparently ;)

An investigation has now been announced

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Yes, thought you might.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.