COVID-19 vaccine #20 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only a few days ago you said the vaccines stopped transmission when even the gov scientists have said that’s not the case, yet you argued about that as a reason why we need to be boosted even though it would take the entire world vaccinated simultaneously to have a proper herd affect from vaccines alone.
I said vaccines *reduce* transmission.

If you do not have COVID, you cannot pass it on.

Effectiveness has not dropped to 0%, thefore vaccination still plays a role in reducing transmission on a population level - it is simple. I suspect you are misunderstanding what "gov scientists" have said.

I never made any claims about herd immunity (not affect), and have said several times vaccines are just one measure in reducing harmful impacts of coronavirus, and all measures have a cost benefit ratio :)

I said vaccines *reduce* transmission.

If you do not have COVID, you cannot pass it on.

Effectiveness has not dropped to 0%, thefore vaccination still plays a role in reducing transmission on a population level - it is simple. I suspect you are misunderstanding what "gov scientists" have said.

I never made any claims about herd immunity (not affect), and have said several times vaccines are just one measure in reducing harmful impacts of coronavirus, and all measures have a cost benefit ratio :)
Only on the potential of severe disease hence why it’s only being offered to certain groups.

Only on the potential of severe disease hence why it’s only being offered to certain groups.
You misunderstand - vaccination still reduces the likelihood of being infected with coronavirus.

If you do not have coronavirus, you cannot pass it on, therefore vaccination reduces transmission, on a *population level*.

If we get to a point where vaccination no longer reduces risk of infection, then I will update my opinion and happily say so.

Why only offer to certain groups? Because of the cost:benefit ratio mentioned above. Again, the 'flu vaccine is a comparable example - the more people vaccinated, the lower population-level transmission, despite the fact it does not prevent 100% of infections.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
You misunderstand - vaccination still reduces the likelihood of being infected with coronavirus.

If you do not have coronavirus, you cannot pass it on, therefore vaccination reduces transmission, on a *population level*.

If we get to a point where vaccination no longer reduces risk of infection, then I will update my opinion.

Why only offer to certain groups? Because of the cost:benefit ratio mentioned above. Again, the 'flu vaccine is a comparable example - the more people vaccinated, the lower population-level transmission, despite the fact it does not prevent 100% of infections.
No vaccine is 💯 so you must accept there’s been more at play than vaccines alone, they’re only a tool, linking articles stating they’ve stopped thousands of deaths is not worth the paper it’s written on for a constantly changing mild disease for most people.
Vaccine fatigue…

Reactions: 3
No vaccine is 💯 so you must accept there’s been more at play than vaccines alone, they’re only a tool, linking articles stating they’ve stopped thousands of deaths is not worth the paper it’s written on for a constantly changing mild disease for most people.
Be honest now - are you actually reading my posts or do you just want to argue with someone 🤣

Literally from what you're replying to:

"......have said several times vaccines are just one measure in reducing harmful impacts of coronavirus, and all measures have a cost benefit ratio"

"....vaccination still *plays a role* in *reducing* transmission on a population level"

As for the article I linked which described a publication in the Lancet (many many posts ago) - you've still never managed to articulate what you disagreed with apart from the fact the author used responsible & cautious language. It is widely accepted that the coronavirus vaccines have saved millions of lives and we have robust & replicated evidence backing this statement up.

I believe one poster was very upset that the authors could not come up with a precise figure of exactly how many lives have been saved - but as I said, this is the case for all public health interventions that have existed and will ever exist - you work with estimates due to the sheer complexity of this kind of analysis, and typically present the lower realistic estimate as evidence.

Hint: If someone tells you exactly 2123459 deaths have been prevented globally, and they are totally and 100% percent sure this is the precise figure, they're a crank.

Last edited:
Be honest now - are you actually reading my posts or do you just want to argue with someone 🤣

Literally from what you're replying to:

"......have said several times vaccines are just one measure in reducing harmful impacts of coronavirus, and all measures have a cost benefit ratio"

"....vaccination still *plays a role* in *reducing* transmission on a population level"

As for the article I linked which described a publication in the Lancet (many many posts ago) - you've still never managed to articulate what you disagreed with apart from the fact the author used responsible & cautious language. It is widely accepted that the coronavirus vaccines have saved millions of lives and we have robust & replicated evidence backing this statement up.

I believe one poster was very upset that the authors could not come up with a precise figure of exactly how many lives have been saved - but as I said, this is the case for all public health interventions that have existed and will ever exist - you work with estimates due to the sheer complexity of this kind of analysis, and typically present the lower realistic estimate as evidence.
Like I say if’s and maybe’s don’t count as concrete data there’s no point repeating myself over and over as it’s not registering.

Reactions: 2
I can't believe a poster has said that people on this thread are gleeful about young premature deaths on this thread. Majority of people on this thread have family, friends and colleagues who are mostly vaxxed. You are sick in the head if you think any of us have anything to be gleeful about.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I can't believe a poster has said that people on this thread are gleeful about young premature deaths on this thread. Majority of people on this thread have family, friends and colleagues who are mostly vaxxed. You are sick in the head if you think any of us have anything to be gleeful about.
I didn't post that, but I agreed with the sentiment.

Obviously that poster can explain what they mean, but for me, it's not that anti vaccine posters are gleeful that a person has died per se, it's more that they're gleeful at the opportunity to post what they think is more evidence that the vaccine is bad for people's health. And sometimes they don't even know if the person who died was vaccinated or not.

It feels like they want to be right at any costs. It's a bit like when an anti vaccine poster sarcastically said to me: "good luck with the next clot shot". I mean, that's clearly not a genuine expression of good luck, it's just someone who wants to be nasty.

So maybe check all posts from all sides before attacking one side.

Reactions: 2
I have found *some* of the posts gleeful - especially tweets shared from certain disinformation campaigners like Malone.

That doesn't equate to me saying everyone is like that, and I genuinely empathise with anyone who has been scared by these kind of campaigns or who is suffering with vaccine side effects or has a loved one who has been affected.

Especially when some of us have children that had no choice but to be vaccinated to enjoy the simple things in life , atrocious statement to make .

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
It's a bit like when an anti vaccine poster sarcastically said to me: "good luck with the next clot shot". I mean, that's clearly not a genuine expression of good luck, it's just someone who wants to be nasty.
Yes - this is exactly what I mean.

I would never say I want someone to experience coronavirus badly because they chose to not be vaccinated.

Especially when some of us have children that had no choice but to be vaccinated to enjoy the simple things in life , atrocious statement to make .
For me personally, I want to know because I want to understand it and how it works. If it's causing multiple mechanisms of injury then we need to find out so maybe things can be done to prevent this from happening. Lots of my family and friends have had it so of course I don't want anything bad to happen, I'm not a psychopath! Definitely question my sanity on a daily basis though 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It just reveals their true colours when they attempt to defame others. So incredibly desperate for an argument that they’re making false accusations - not one person here has been gleeful about death. Anyone reading these threads can see that for themselves no one has done such thing. Everyone here who has commented on premature deaths have been concerned, fearful and afraid and that’s been more than apparent from the tone of the posts and the discussions that have followed them.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes - this is exactly what I mean.

I would never say I want someone to experience coronavirus badly because they chose to not be vaccinated.
Me either, but we'll continue to be demonised, because it's far easier to argue against a strawman that they've created as opposed to what we've actually said.

And as for false accusations, I literally quoted what someone said to me, but I'm defaming? Yeah okay...

It just reveals their true colours when they attempt to defame others. So incredibly desperate for an argument that they’re making false accusations - not one person here has been gleeful about death. Anyone reading these threads can see that for themselves no one has done such thing. Everyone here who has commented on premature deaths have been concerned, fearful and afraid and that’s been more than apparent from the tone of the posts and the discussions that have followed them.
I think it's pretty clear I'm not "desperate for an argument"

Several posters including yourself have mentioned now how you are fearful and afraid - this is exactly why I'm so anti the disinformation campaigns that are started by groups who profit from them, and filter down to social media and forums like tattle. Misinformation kills, and it coerces people out of making an informed choice.

To repeat a point that has already be laboured - many of the most ardent "anti-vax" campaigners have actually been vaccinated - because they're all too aware it's better for them to be, but they want to profit from such campaigns. It's such a huge con and genuinely makes me miserable when I think about it :(

I have already explained I was not referring to everyone and that I have found *some* of the posts gleeful - especially tweets shared from certain disinformation campaigners like Malone. That isn't referring to everyone, and I genuinely empathise with people affected by any aspect of vaccination.

Last edited:
It feels like they want to be right at any costs. It's a bit like when an anti vaccine poster sarcastically said to me: "good luck with the next clot shot". I mean, that's clearly not a genuine expression of
Get over it already

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
For me personally, I want to know because I want to understand it and how it works. If it's causing multiple mechanisms of injury then we need to find out so maybe things can be done to prevent this from happening. Lots of my family and friends have had it so of course I don't want anything bad to happen, I'm not a psychopath! Definitely question my sanity on a daily basis though 🤣
That’s going to be quite a climb when there’s still so many reluctant to share their concerns for fear if being vilified .

• Sad
Get over it already
That one stuck with me, as it summed up the callous attitudes I experience on this thread frequently.

It's relevant to the discussion which was implying we're the awful ones and the anti vaccine people are angels.

That’s going to be quite a climb when there’s still so many reluctant to share their concerns for fear if being vilified .
As has been said many many times.

It is easy and you are actively encouraged to report any side effects to the yellow card scheme: https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

I said before I'm happy to share a list of the research groups I'm aware of who are actively looking into prevalence, mechanisms, demographic risk strata etc, of this specific issue, but there were no takers.

Well please pass this on for anyone who has been vaccine injured. They shouldn't suffer alone.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.