COVID-19 vaccine #19 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im
To be fair, a lot of people who doubt the efficacy of the vaccines ask for evidence from people who share the opposing viewpoint. So we can't really blame those people for then posting that evidence.

I agree with you, though, that no one is likely to change their minds now, so it begs the question - should we just ask the mods to close this thread? After all, if no one is going to change their minds (and I agree that's likely), plus the last few posts imply that it's better to just ignore people who you disagree with - then what's there to discuss?

I'm being slightly facetious as I do think there's value in discussion, but it certainly feels like some people would prefer to only converse with those they agree with. But what's the point? It'd just be post after post of "yes, I agree". :D
As you know very well I’m not a mod so it’s not up to me if threads should be closed. Perhaps you misunderstand the purpose of the thread though, it isn’t here for the purpose of educating people whether to vaccinate or not it’s about sharing experiences and opinions on vaccinations. Hence why I find it strange personally when people go to the lengths they do to share so many articles when someone has clearly said they don’t want a vaccine - seems disrespectful to ignore that and try to tell them they’re wrong in their thoughts and opinions. I like discussing vaccines or I wouldn’t be here - no one’s forced to contribute here.

To be fair, my post wasn't aimed at you. While we disagree a lot, you at least read posts and reply to them without getting nasty.
I don’t get nasty with you either if that’s what you’re implying.

Reactions: 6
I personally contribute to this thread because it is usually a friendly place for people to talk about their experiences. A lot of people on here have known someone who has had a vaccine injury so it's nice to be able to talk about it without being attacked.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I personally contribute to this thread because it is usually a friendly place for people to talk about their experiences. A lot of people on here have known someone who has had a vaccine injury so it's nice to be able to talk about it without being attacked.
Yea I agree, there are few places on the internet where it’s safe to discuss vaccine injuries without being shut down so I find it comforting this thread is here.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
TBH knowing what we know now the last person you'd want to give this to is a vulnerable person as they usually already have a weak immune system so surely this vaccine would make their immune system even weaker? My mums partners sister already had cancer then was given the covid vaccine and ended up with blood clots and had a stroke. She died not long after.
This is the exact reason why I didn't have it and won't be having it any time in the future.

Immunosuppressed by way of 8 weekly infusions, had Covid July 21 and had flu like symptoms. I've never wavered in my thoughts towards the vaccine and I've not done any 'research' into it.

I just don't want it!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Im

As you know very well I’m not a mod so it’s not up to me if threads should be closed. Perhaps you misunderstand the purpose of the thread though, it isn’t here for the purpose of educating people whether to vaccinate or not it’s about sharing experiences and opinions on vaccinations. Hence why I find it strange personally when people go to the lengths they do to share so many articles when someone has clearly said they don’t want a vaccine - seems disrespectful to ignore that and try to tell them they’re wrong in their thoughts and opinions. I like discussing vaccines or I wouldn’t be here - no one’s forced to contribute here.

I don’t get nasty with you either if that’s what you’re implying.
I don't think I misunderstand the purpose of the thread - the purpose is in its title - ie to discuss the covid vaccines and other vaccines.

Some people will post that they think the vaccines are pointless and may add a link or two, some people will respond that with disagreement and may add a link or two. Both are fine.

The purpose isn't to change people's minds (at least from my point of view) it's just natural to say "I disagree and here's why..." In my opinion anyway.

This is the exact reason why I didn't have it and won't be having it any time in the future.

Immunosuppressed by way of 8 weekly infusions, had Covid July 21 and had flu like symptoms. I've never wavered in my thoughts towards the vaccine and I've not done any 'research' into it.

I just don't want it!
And that's 100% fine. You don't want it and no one should ever force you to have it or guilt you into taking it.

I took it and will take future boosters if offered them, but I'm not trying to coerce anyone into taking it. To be frank, it has no impact on me if someone else doesn't want it, so why would I care?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I don't think I misunderstand the purpose of the thread - the purpose is in its title - ie to discuss the covid vaccines and other vaccines.

Some people will post that they think the vaccines are pointless and may add a link or two, some people will respond that with disagreement and may add a link or two. Both are fine.

The purpose isn't to change people's minds (at least from my point of view) it's just natural to say "I disagree and here's why..." In my opinion anyway.

And that's 100% fine. You don't want it and no one should ever force you to have it or guilt you into taking it.

I took it and will take future boosters if offered them, but I'm not trying to coerce anyone into taking it. To be frank, it has no impact on me if someone else doesn't want it, so why would I care?
Well you should try convincing yourself of that then seeing you believed yesterday that what I post is to convince others they shouldn’t take it 🤭

Reactions: 3
No point in arguing with the NPCs. Let them get vaxxed endlessly and find out the hard way I say.
I'll take what you've said and turn it on its head:

No point in arguing with the anti vaxxers. Let them have no vaccines and find out the hard way I say.

Most of those who are against the vaccines think what you've said is fine, but that the opposite is terrible. It's a classic example of the double standards here. :D

• Sick
Reactions: 1
Nice to see everyone as irate as ever, it's a few months since I visited this thread and nothing has changed!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

You may not care but must be interested or why are you on this thread to discuss it 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
You may not care but must be interested or why are you on this thread to discuss it 🤷🏼‍♀️
I meant I care about different views on the vaccine, but I don't care if individual people choose to not have it, if that makes sense.

People also post sites, videos or articles which are against the vaccine - would you deem this disrespectful to those who clearly are for the vaccine?

This thread is not strictly for people to share experiences and opinions. As I said in a previous post, vaccines do come under science/medicine and there will be some posts discussing studies relating to the vaccines or any developments in production, updates etc.

• Haha
People also post sites, videos or articles which are against the vaccine - would you deem this disrespectful to those who clearly are for the vaccine?

This thread is not strictly for people to share experiences and opinions. As I said in a previous post, vaccines do come under science/medicine and there will be some posts discussing studies relating to the vaccines or any developments in production, updates etc.
I haven’t witnessed anyone quote someone else who has said I am pro vaccine with an article/video/site though I have seen the opposite. I can only comment on what I have seen. It feels borderline goading when people do that (quote someone who has explained their experience or opinion on a problem they have with a vaccine and highlight everything the other person sees wrong with it and tells them they’re wrong) and if it is happening in reverse id feel the same, yes. Just my opinion - I’m not a mod so it’s not up to me what gets posted.

Oh right so will this thread be used as evidence for a scientific or medical paper then? Silly me.

• Heart

I'm sure you will anyway, but keep posting what you do. I, and I'm sure others, appreciate it.

All the "but this is a gossip forum we don't want your science" is just an attempt to shut down discussion and shouldn't be heeded. In my opinion of course.

I thought that was why you got a scientific thread made? What ever became of that?
I see it’s still here

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't see why it's taken to thread 19 to argue about the thread's purpose.

If people are discussing the vaccines, it's on topic. So scientific research about the vaccine is on topic.

I thought that was why you got a scientific thread made? What ever became of that?
I see it’s still here
Not going to go over old ground about that thread but we were told to stick to here for vaccine related talk. 👍🏻

I haven’t witnessed anyone quote someone else who has said I am pro vaccine with an article/video/site though I have seen the opposite. I can only comment on what I have seen. It feels borderline goading when people do that (quote someone who has explained their experience or opinion on a problem they have with a vaccine and highlight everything the other person sees wrong with it and tells them they’re wrong) and if it is happening in reverse id feel the same, yes. Just my opinion - I’m not a mod so it’s not up to me what gets posted.

Oh right so will this thread be used as evidence for a scientific or medical paper then? Silly me.
How is it goading if someone replies to a post to say something is not quite accurate or disagrees or offers another perspective? Isn’t that the point of a discussion forum. If it were bordering on goading the mods would get involved.

You seem to miss out the many posters on here who talk about those who are pro vaccine and how they are hiding under a rock or are asleep or it is repulsive that they believe the vaccine works.

There is nothing wrong with having a discussion with different perspectives if done in a respectful manner.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don't see why it's taken to thread 19 to argue about the thread's purpose.

If people are discussing the vaccines, it's on topic. So scientific research about the vaccine is on topic.
It was science and medicine was quoted ,this thread is mainly SM based nobody was interested in scientific journals hence the other thread was set up, I notice there was someone on there claiming to be a scientist when a newspaper article about them said they worked for the council planning dept 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Looks like that thread died a death long ago 😂 shame as there’s so many obviously enthusiastic about science around here hopefully it takes off again.

For the record my issue isn’t people posting relevant vaccine articles here to discuss, I just think it’s dicky when they are posted quoting someone else to tell them they’re wrong it just comes across very “I’m right, you’re wrong, your opinions irrelevant” (IMO).

Not going to go over old ground about that thread but we were told to stick to here for vaccine related talk. 👍🏻

How is it goading if someone replies to a post to say something is not quite accurate or disagrees or offers another perspective? Isn’t that the point of a discussion forum. If it were bordering on goading the mods would get involved.

You seem to miss out the many posters on here who talk about those who are pro vaccine and how they are hiding under a rock or are asleep or it is repulsive that they believe the vaccine works.

There is nothing wrong with having a discussion with different perspectives if done in a respectful manner.
No I don’t miss them out, I see them too. I’ve never said any of those things though I’m certain of that but lump us all together with our “anti vaxx shite”.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.