COVID-19 vaccine #19 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll take what you've said and turn it on its head:

No point in arguing with the anti vaxxers. Let them have no vaccines and find out the hard way I say.

Most of those who are against the vaccines think what you've said is fine, but that the opposite is terrible. It's a classic example of the double standards here. :D
Yeah doesn’t really work when you do it though. We all know the vaccine can cause sudden death and autoimmune damage but yeah, better than getting covid ain’t it. Good luck with the next clot shot.

Reactions: 7
Yeah doesn’t really work when you do it though. We all know the vaccine can cause sudden death and autoimmune damage but yeah, better than getting covid ain’t it. Good luck with the next clot shot.
The example does work, you're just saying it doesn't because it exposes an uncomfortable truth for you. I actually think the majority of the people here who don't want the vaccine are genuine people who care about their own health. Whereas you've proven on several occasions you've got a nasty streak and a blatant dislike of the vaccinated. Your last message proves it and it's there for everyone to see.

We do know that - in very rare cases - the vaccine can cause death (as any medication unfortunately can). But we also know that covid - again in very rare cases - can cause death. So it should be an individual decision for each person to weigh up that risk.

You decided you'd rather take your chances with getting covid, I've decided I'd rather take my chances with the vaccine. As I'm still here and haven't had covid, it's looking like I made the right decision for me. That doesn't mean unvaccinated people made the wrong choice. We came to different decisions and that's fine.

Reactions: 1
For anyone following this evolving story, here’s yet another message from my GP practice today - strongly encouraging me now 😂 this is getting a bit much!! Tried to call in today to speak with someone about it but they were closed for the afternoon 👀
65B27D37-926D-460E-98AE-F54E127B5911.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
For anyone following this evolving story, here’s yet another message from my GP practice today - strongly encouraging me now 😂 this is getting a bit much!! Tried to call in today to speak with someone about it but they were closed for the afternoon 👀
View attachment 1575563
Is there no opt out option so you do not receive messages? In the last part of the last message it does give the option ‘to confirm or decline’?

Is there no opt out option so you do not receive messages? In the last part of the last message it does give the option ‘to confirm or decline’?
The last part is to email them to confirm or decline. I’ve scribbled out the email address. I have declined it every time they’ve offered me - to continue messaging 3 times is a bit extreme IMO.

Reactions: 3
The last part is to email them to confirm or decline. I’ve scribbled out the email address. I have declined it every time they’ve offered me - to continue messaging 3 times is a bit extreme IMO.
Oh okay! I guess all you’re left with is calling them directly and asking the messages to be stopped. Hope you’ll have better luck when they’re open again.

Oh okay! I guess all you’re left with is calling them directly and asking the messages to be stopped. Hope you’ll have better luck when they’re open again.
Yea I can’t get through on the phone so I’d rather speak to them in person. They’ve always been respectful and never messaged me about vaccinations because it’s documented on their system that we don’t have them, we’ve had appointments with the dr to discuss vaccinations when my eldest was a baby as I wanted to be fully informed before making the decision but seems this year they’re going all out to try and make us change our mind and they’ve never done that before.

Reactions: 3
I think some of it's to cover themselves. They probably want patients to regularly opt out, rather than assuming that opting out applies for the rest of their life.

Yearly is a bit much, maybe asking every three years or so would be better. I appreciate many won't change their minds, but some will.

I think some of it's to cover themselves. They probably want patients to regularly opt out, rather than assuming that opting out applies for the rest of their life.

Yearly is a bit much, maybe asking every three years or so would be better. I appreciate many won't change their minds, but some will.
I literally emailed them on Thursday opting out when they sent the first text. They acknowledged the email! Then text me again twice today.

Not to mention, they’re also both in school so they get offered it at school too 😂

I literally emailed them on Thursday opting out when they sent the first text. They acknowledged the email! Then text me again twice today.

Not to mention, they’re also both in school so they get offered it at school too 😂
Oh yeah I agree that's bad. Most IT systems are tit - they often have multiple systems at the same organisation but then don't make those systems communicate with each other.

My Dad died nearly two years ago, which we obviously informed the DWP, HMRC, etc of not long after it happened. They confirmed they'd updated their records. However, my mum got a letter addressed to my father just last week from the HMRC, which understandably shook her up. It'll be old creaking IT systems but there's no excuse for it.

Just realised this was more suited to the rants thread. 😂

Yea I can’t get through on the phone so I’d rather speak to them in person. They’ve always been respectful and never messaged me about vaccinations because it’s documented on their system that we don’t have them, we’ve had appointments with the dr to discuss vaccinations when my eldest was a baby as I wanted to be fully informed before making the decision but seems this year they’re going all out to try and make us change our mind and they’ve never done that before.
I understand why it is frustrating if they are already aware and it is on their records that you don’t have them. It might just be generic messages being sent out to everyone on their systems and it’s to cover themselves that it has been sent to all.

I understand why it is frustrating if they are already aware and it is on their records that you don’t have them. It might just be generic messages being sent out to everyone on their systems and it’s to cover themselves that it has been sent to all.
It’s a bit strange though as our surgery don’t typically vaccinate for flu for children the age mine are as it’s done in schools. The surgery normally only offers the flu one to toddlers. Ah well hopefully I’ll get speaking to them tomorrow and find out what the craic is. I’ll report back 😂

Yea I agree, there are few places on the internet where it’s safe to discuss vaccine injuries without being shut down so I find it comforting this thread is here.
This 100%
like where else is there thread like this????? Never seen one. A thread where you can speak openly without judgement or hate or being cancelled. We will know when it's time to retire it as there will be no more posts from anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Posters here are understandably very suspicious about being lied to or manipulated by people with an agenda.

Just putting it out there that you should extend this skepticism to John Campbell.

He's a nurse with a PhD in "online education" who initially promoted accurate educational videos in the pandemic. He gradually moved to pushing conspiracy theories & other clickbait - most of the claims in his videos are not true, but get lots of views.

Because his channel is monetised, he makes £10,000+ each month, and is therefore actively incentivised to push controversial content. Honest, boring reporting doesn't get clicks, scary exaggerated content does. His latest video is no exception to this.

Something to consider 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.