COVID-19 vaccine #19 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only reason I said it was in response to a poster asking how anyone with a knowledge of recent data would choose to be vaccinated - just putting the alternative viewpoint out there that I'm literally a working scientist & still happy with my decision. Would also see no problem in having an annual booster if offered.
This thread is not a fan of science, research studies or fact checking any posts which have not interpreted something accurately or taken it out of context. 🫠

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
This thread is not a fan of science, research studies or fact checking any posts which have not interpreted something accurately or taken it out of context. 🫠
This is interesting to know!

I'm suprised by this - I'm pretty new to tattle and the threads I've been on have been very balanced with claims backed up etc.

Poor poor women.

Where does she say this is specifically due to a coronavirus though @Freedomofspeech89? There are lots of conditions that would cause this kind of skin reaction, and it's always pretty suspect when someone with a history of posting misinformation shares a video with the relevant info cropped out?

EDIT: Ah just seen the post above - so they've stolen that video off someone's SM - where she explains she has TSW (nothing to do with vaccines).

Surely you see how disengeuous it is for someone to do this, and how crappy it must be to have your info stolen and misused by someone with an agenda? She's trying to raise awareness of a medical condition that is poorly understood and treated, and someone goes and does that :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

I'm suprised by this - I'm pretty new to tattle and the threads I've been on have been very balanced with claims backed up etc.
There used to be more posters who were for the Covid vaccine / vaccines in general and would offer information on the research trials and science in general etc. but many have since stopped posting so it is generally not a balanced thread in terms of views and opinions.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
There used to be more posters who were for the Covid vaccine / vaccines in general and would offer information on the research trials and science in general etc. but many have since stopped posting so it is generally not a balanced thread in terms of views and opinions.
It didn’t start out that way though ,people were being mocked for having concerns about the vaccine, until more evidence of adverse effects began to filter through .

Reactions: 5
@monga

But what is the point in threads like these?

I'm all for debate but it's just filled with claims that aren't true, when someone points this out with relevant evidence you just move on to another claim that isn't true?

It doesn't seem like it benefits anyone?

Reactions: 2

Where does she say this is specifically due to a coronavirus though @Freedomofspeech89? There are lots of conditions that would cause this kind of skin reaction, and it's always pretty suspect when someone with a history of posting misinformation shares a video with the relevant info cropped out?

EDIT: Ah just seen the post above - so they've stolen that video off someone's SM - where she explains she has TSW (nothing to do with vaccines).

Surely you see how disengeuous it is for someone to do this, and how crappy it must be to have your info stolen and misused by someone with an agenda? She's trying to raise awareness of a medical condition that is poorly understood and treated, and someone goes and does that :(
She has a TikTok video where she mentions having gotten the vaccine 3 times, her eczema had worsened after but goes on to say she is not saying the vaccines triggered her TSW but it was a “full perfect storm clusterfuck of things that happened…”

@monga

But what is the point in threads like these?

I'm all for debate but it's just filled with claims that aren't true, when someone points this out with relevant evidence you just move on to another claim that isn't true?

It doesn't seem like it benefits anyone?
I don’t believe everything’s that’s out there but at the same time there’s been so much contradictory messaging coming from the government they’ve made a rod for their own back, you have to agree there’s no concrete data on these vaccines it’s mostly guess work .

Reactions: 2
I don’t believe everything’s that’s out there but at the same time there’s been so much contradictory messaging coming from the government they’ve made a rod for their own back, you have to agree there’s no concrete data on these vaccines it’s mostly guess work .
You keep saying there is no concrete data and it is all guess work. The research trials and the numerous studies that have been conducted in the past (nearly) two years are not guess work.

Scientists don’t sit back and pluck numbers or conclusions from thin air. That isn’t how research works. 🤷🏻‍♀️

If you genuinely believe there's no "concrete" data on the coronavirus vaccines then you can't possibly discuss this from an informed perspective @monga

They are the most well studied vaccines we have, with thousands of peer reviewed publications discussing, assessing and critiquing them, at this point.

We have robust, replicated findings from well powered samples that vaccines reduce the likliehood of coronavirus infection, transmission, acute & long term complications, hospital admissions & deaths. I can link some of these publications, or commentary from people with expertise in this area who summarise this body of evidence, if you'd find it useful.

The british governemnt being completely incompetent is seperate point which you're conflating here - fortunately they weren't responsible for developing or assessing the vaccines.

If you genuinely believe there's no "concrete" data on the coronavirus vaccines then you can't possibly discuss this from an informed perspective @monga

They are the most well studied vaccines we have, with thousands of peer reviewed publication discussing, assessing and critiquing them, at this point.

We have robust, replicated findings from well powered samples that vaccines reduce the likliehood of coronavirus infection, transmission, acute & long term complications, hospital admissions & deaths.

The british governemnt being completely incompetent is seperate point which you're conflating here.
An incompetant gov backed up by the very people in charge of public health , isn't it true that Whitty himself was informed of the bloodclot risk from AZ but chose to turn a blind eye so as not to interfere with the vaccine rollout 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Dr Russell Braylock taking about vaccine induced thrombosis.

Just looked him up, he seems to be a questionable figure. 😬

Just looked him up, he seems to be a questionable figure. 😬

Vaccine induced thrombosis is a thing believe it or not. It’s not just this man talking about it either. Coroners have stated it on death certificates 😱

Reactions: 5
Vaccine induced thrombosis is a thing believe it or not. It’s not just this man talking about it either. Coroners have stated it on death certificates 😱
No one is denying it is a rare complication associated with these vaccines (CVST specifically) - but it is very very clear that the benefits outweight the risks when considering large scale data of vaccinated versus unvaccinated people. No intervention is without risk - take a look at the side effect profile of ibuprofen or caffeine.

CVSTs alone (ignoring all other complications) are far more common with infection that they are with vaccination.

Doesn't mean anyone needs to get vaccinated if they're not comfortable, but it's worth considering why you have thousands of scientists & clinicians recommending vaccination, and a small minority making wild, spurious claims against them.

• Angry
No one is denying it is a rare complication associated with these vaccines (CVST specifically) - but it is very very clear that the benefits outweight the risks when considering large scale data of vaccinated versus unvaccinated people.

CVSTs alone (ignoring all other complications) are far more common with infection that they are with vaccination.

Doesn't mean anyone needs to get vaccinated if they're not comfortable, but it's worth considering why you have thousands of scientists & clinicians recommending vaccination, and a small minority making wild, spurious claims against them.
That’s your opinion though, benefits and risks are subjective to the individual. Most people recover fully and quickly from covid so some don’t see the benefit in a vaccine and would prefer not to take a risk of a vaccine induced death no matter how rare.

Reactions: 10
Don't worry @Emmelina Ball google only tells you the truth remember that 🤣.

On a serious note anyone who denies this is happening needs to look up this guy. Not quite so funny then is it.

6A82A3F0-AB9E-4968-B999-E1DFBA3F0C38.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That’s your opinion though, benefits and risks are subjective to the individual. Most people recover fully and quickly from covid so don’t see the benefit in a vaccine and would prefer not to take a risk of a vaccine induced death no matter how rare.
No - it's not my opinion.

It is what replicated, robust data demonstrates when comparing the risks of vaccination versus the risks of remaining unvaccinated.

As I've said in all my posts, what someone chooses to do with this information is up to the individual 🤷‍♀️

Don't worry @Emmelina Ball google only tells you the truth remember that 🤣.

On a serious note anyone who denies this is happening needs to look up this guy. Not quite so funny then is it.

View attachment 1571466
Eh? CVSTs are an established side effects of the vaccines. No-one is denying it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.