COVID-19 vaccine #19 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Half a *brain*

Seriously though - why all the personal insults? Why not just provide good solid evidence for the claims you make?
What claims have I made?
I haven’t personally insulted anyone - you have attempted to by describing every single contributor to this thread as having half a brain. Also while you’re at it show me the misinformation 😬

Reactions: 3
What claims have I made?
I haven’t personally insulted anyone - you have attempted to by describing every single contributor to this thread as having half a brain. Also while you’re at it show me the misinformation 😬
No - I really didn't.

Here's what I actually said : "I also highly doubt anyone with half a brain is still reading this thread, pregnant or not."

I don't see how that's the terrible offence you're making it out to be. The thread is mainly back and forth between two groups of people with lots of reptition & insults - why would someone read it for 2 years if they're not a contributer?

Genuinely, by doing this, by swerving onto personal insults and trying to discredit posts, you're demonstrating you don't have substantiated evidence or logical answers to the questions people have raised.

Reactions: 1
I don't understand what you mean here?
In your post you said please stop spreading misinformation and let pregnant women make informed choices, I’m wondering what other information (bar the PIL ) they give them to make an informed choice, I know my GP doesn’t add anything to the manufacturers advice.

No - I really didn't.

Here's what I actually said : "I also highly doubt anyone with half a brain is still reading this thread, pregnant or not."

I don't see how that's the terrible offence you're making it out to be. The thread is mainly back and forth between two groups of people with lots of reptition & insults - why would someone read it for 2 years if they're not a contributer?

Genuinely, by doing this, by swerving onto personal insults and trying to discredit posts, you're demonstrating you don't have substantiated evidence or logical answers to the questions people have raised.
Anyone still contributing to this thread is still reading the thread so therefore they would meet the criteria for your insulting definition.

I’m not here to give anyone evidence or logical answers to anything - I speak for myself only. I’m here to have chit chat about vaccines - it is a gossip forum after all.

In your post you said please stop spreading misinformation and let pregnant women make informed choices, I’m wondering what other information (bar the PIL ) they give them to make an informed choice, I know my GP doesn’t add anything to the manufacturers advice.
Yup - so that was in response to the post about Naomi Wolf's claims the vaccines are causing miscarriage, death and infertility.

If you read the patient leaflet I attached from RCOG (this is not the same thing as the patient information leaflet from Pfizer), it runs through what is known about the benefits/risks of vaccination, the safety of vaccines in pregnancy, and the relative risks of COVID specifically in pregnancy. It's all there in the decision making tool.

Linked again here: https://www.rcog.org.uk/media/13xkcdsa/2021-02-24-combined-info-sheet-and-decision-aid.pdf

As I said in my original post that has been hijacked somewhat - the only agenda RCOG have is the safety of mums & babies. They have conducted a really thorough evidence synthesis to help women make the right decision for themselves.

Yup - so that was in response to the post about Naomi Wolf's claims the vaccines are causing miscarriage, death and infertility.

If you read the patient leaflet I attached from RCOG (this is not the same thing as the patient information leaflet from Pfizer), it runs through what is known about the benefits/risks of vaccination, the safety of vaccines in pregnancy, and the relative risks of COVID specifically in pregnancy. It's all there in the decision making tool.

Linked again here: https://www.rcog.org.uk/media/13xkcdsa/2021-02-24-combined-info-sheet-and-decision-aid.pdf
I didn’t post anything about Naomi Wolfs claims, yet it was me you attacked saying I’m spreading misinformation. Perhaps you should learn the art of proof reading and verifying your sources before making your own wild claims and accusations.

I didn’t post anything about Naomi Wolfs claims, yet it was me you attacked saying I’m spreading misinformation. Perhaps you should learn the art of proof reading and verifying your sources before making your own wild claims and accusations.
I never said you did @Emmelina Ball - again I'm not sure why you're trying to start an argument and derail the thread..

As I said in my original post that has been hijacked somewhat - the only agenda RCOG have is the safety of mums & babies. They have conducted a really thorough evidence synthesis to help women make the right decision for themselves.
So nothing in there about mixed vaccines? It’s no more informative than paracetamol .
08A95013-59A1-4C15-ABB1-B0C441D362AF.jpeg

I never said you did @Emmelina Ball - again I'm not sure why you're trying to start an argument and derail the thread..
You did, I’ll screenshot for you. Isn’t that what you’re referencing now? You shouldn’t make false accusations about people if you don’t want confronted about it. I haven’t shared any misinformation anywhere. Please don’t spread misinformation about me. Thanks
AF58314D-F18C-40AE-8290-51A2B366FC09.jpeg

It was me who put up the post sharing Naomi Wolfs podcast. I must have missed the lecture after as I ignore this poster. I would listen to Naomi Wolf any day of the week over that Gates funded piece of propaganda. Anyway as you were 🤣

And FFS this is a gossip forum I'm allowed to post what I like.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It was me who put up the post sharing Naomi Wolfs podcast. I must have missed the lecture after as I ignore this poster. I would listen to Naomi Wolf any day of the week over that Gates funded piece of propaganda. Anyway as you were 🤣

And FFS this is a gossip forum I'm allowed to post what I like.
Exactly it’s all got ugly very quickly!
Thanks for the recommendation I will try and get a listen tonight! X

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have no words.

And to those it may concern oh what fun you have " debating " all day with the thick antivaxxers. I don't know whether it's through boredom, unemployment, work ,your idea of fun or you just like upsetting people but with respect just duck off.
I’m surprised you’re telling people to f*** off as I thought you were in favour of freedom of speech.

We must allow all sides to have their say, silencing people or asking them to leave isn’t right. In my opinion of course.

• Sick
Is @grampositive really scaremongering pregnant women with their posts here?

I doubt many pregnant women will make medical decisions based on what they read on a gossip forum.

I doubt many pregnant women will make medical decisions based on what they read on a gossip forum.
Really? There’s a lot of thick people in the world and Iv seen women ask for medical advice on here loads of times 🙄

Who said anything about making medical decisions? Is it a choice now to have covid?!

Any pregnant woman reading may feel afraid if they have covid and read things like they’re more likely to have a stillbirth. Yea they are more likely however it’s really important to note that the risk remains low.

No I’ve read it and it just tells me to discuss it with my healthcare practitioner View attachment 1578424
eh?

If you read further down the page, and go onto the next.

It describes the benefits & risks of vaccination, what is known about the safety of these vaccines in pregnancy, the relative risks of COVID in pregnancy, and what we know from trials - it's a thorough synthesis of the current evidence to help women decide whether they would like to be vaccinated or not.

That's a lot more than just "discuss with your GP"

Sometimes it feels like there's arguing for the sake of arguing.

Who said anything about making medical decisions? Is it a choice now to have covid?!

Any pregnant woman reading may feel afraid if they have covid and read things like they’re more likely to have a stillbirth. Yea they are more likely however it’s really important to note that the risk remains low.
Both sides of the argument are being put forward, so if someone really is going to make a decision about having the covid vaccine based solely on reading our little thread on tattle, then at least they're seeing both sides of the argument in play!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.