COVID-19 vaccine #17 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My eldest brother is 53 and caught it. He works as a handyman/carpenter and is physically fit. He was bed bound for a day, but recovered quickly. He was back at work a day later. His wife caught it and she has COPD, but she's ok now apart from a lingering infection. Whether the recovery was with help of the vaccine in her case, I don't know. My brother only had 1 jab. I imagine it's different for everyone, but those with health issues like COPD, I think a vaccine is likely to be of benefit.

Reactions: 1
ENGLAND only 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

12 million over the age of 18+. Think they’re counting anyone eligible from age 5 for the 18 million figure.

Reactions: 4
Think I may have joined the gang and had the rona :oops:
Banging head and weakness for a couple days. So weird. Thought it was dehydration at first.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Think I may have joined the gang and had the rona :oops:
Banging head and weakness for a couple days. So weird. Thought it was dehydration at first.
It started for me like a headache and weakness. My husbands first sign was extreme weakness all over. It’s horrible.

Get well soon 💜

Thanks 😺 I've got a bag of lemons in the house, time to get the squeezer out 😸

Aww get well soon luvvie, at least we'll be immune for a while 😺
Thank you. I’m on day 16, getting there. Still not got my smell back properly grrr. Exactly, hopefully it’ll be immunity for longer than they’re predicting too.

Manuka honey with fresh lemon in hot water helped me a lot. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'd say it's mostly people without kids would vote for them to be vaccinated tbh .
I only vote from my own perspective .As a parent with a duty of care I don’t feel there’s enough safety data coming from the “experts “ on this one , it seems they avoid giving it their full backing and use a watch and wait approach, not good enough ( for me) when you have to make a decision on someone else’s health…Other’s may feel completely different.

I know HPV vaccines have been spoken about on here recently, if you have children of that age group maybe worth talking to them about it and whether you do/do not consent as it seems some places aren’t even asking for consent! This is regarding a pupil at a school in Belfast. Shocking.
i feel like there's a massive push behind getting kids to take up the HPV vaccine..my daughter didnt want to receive hers at school and i had some reservations about it .The school nurse / vaccination team rang me about it ..i expressed concern about some of the side effects one being something called Gullian-Barre syndrome. the woman said she'd never heard of it but would send home the leaflet from the vaccine. Low and behold the first possible serious side was Gillian-Barre syndrome ! so either she hadnt read the leaflet or just didn't actually know what effects you could get.
i had a further 5 phone calls trying to get me sign consent forms..never got this with any other childhood vaccine

Reactions: 6
i feel like there's a massive push behind getting kids to take up the HPV vaccine..my daughter didnt want to receive hers at school and i had some reservations about it .The school nurse / vaccination team rang me about it ..i expressed concern about some of the side effects one being something called Gullian-Barre syndrome. the woman said she'd never heard of it but would send home the leaflet from the vaccine. Low and behold the first possible serious side was Gillian-Barre syndrome ! so either she hadnt read the leaflet or just didn't actually know what effects you could get.
i had a further 5 phone calls trying to get me sign consent forms..never got this with any other childhood vaccine
It must be an English thing we don’t get contacted at all about vaccines ,I haven’t had any correspondence about the kids covid vaccine at all , even the adult vaccine our GP only contacts those in the vulnerable groups once to see if you want it and never again.

My 22 year old sister told me got 6 letters in the post and phone messages. I feel invisible that I didn’t get the phone messages.

Second class post in 2020 was 65p x6 = £3.90 on postage for one person. Now add on the costs of leaflet printing and envelopes too.

I should see if there’s an FOI for that 😂

Reactions: 4
I refused my HPV vaccine too we were one of the first years to be offered it. All of my friends got it. I remember our school nurse pulling the few of us in the year group who didn’t want it into a room and saying if we want it and our parents don’t want us to have it that we could have it anyway but all of us didn’t want it. It was desperate.

My kids haven’t got any vaccines and everytime that one is recommended on the schedule they send me out a letter even though I’ve discussed at length with them many times to not send me the letters because it’s a waste of money and resources. They agree but still send them anyway! When they were babies it felt like we got one every couple of weeks then every couple of months. Not had one in a while mind. They also don’t try and coerce me to change my mind or anything all of them have been really pleasant about it especially the health visitor when they were younger she really supported me to do what I felt was right as a parent.

Reactions: 3
Says the man that’s been writing horror stories for decades 😂

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
How long do they think natural immunity is for if you catch the current variant? It finally got me guys.

My son wants to meet his girlfriend in New York in October, he’s recently had covid and he’s not wanting the vaccines. He’s devastated he’s going to be forced to take it just to travel and he really doesn’t want to. It’s ridiculous they’ve not scrapped it when the vaccine clearly doesn’t stop transmission.
Unless its changed from when i adminstered vaccines last year, you cant get a vaccine until 90 days after testing positive so he may not be able to get one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.