COVID-19 vaccine #17 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They do but my mum and her friends are all in their 80’s and they didn’t get vaccines until last year. Before that they all still fared really well
I don’t think S.Africa had the infection rate the UK had they pretty much avoided the more severe strains until Delta.

Reactions: 1
I don’t think S.Africa had the infection rate the UK had they pretty much avoided the more severe strains until Delta.
That’s true to a vertain degree but it was mainly due to the rules SA implemented. It was super strict. Almost on par with China

It did but the elderly and vulnerable there did much better with catching covid than those in the UK
From what I remember it was a milder illness in SA ,the Delta had pretty much gone by the time they dropped their restrictions and the newer milder variant wasn't causing many hospitalisations and deaths.

That’s true to a vertain degree but it was mainly due to the rules SA implemented. It was super strict. Almost on par with China
Speaking as someone who has a dad who lives in Cape Town, the lockdown may have been "technically" stricter but a good majority paid absolutely no attention to the restrictions. Mainly the rich and middle class did, but the township communities definitely didn't. I can tell you now lockdowns made little to no difference to the spread of covid in SA.

Reactions: 7
Speaking as someone who has a dad who lives in Cape Town, the lockdown may have been "technically" stricter but a good majority paid absolutely no attention to the restrictions. Mainly the rich and middle class did, but the township communities definitely didn't. I can tell you now lockdowns made little to no difference to the spread of covid in SA.
Strange that’s how your dad saw it my family and friends thought differently.
but you are correct it’s more difficult to police the townships

Interesting:

Could be the fact the first refused to fight in the vietnam war and stood his ground even though they took away his titles.

Not 100% anti-vax.

For a rabid anti vaxer i’ve had everything minus the covid shots.

Reactions: 5
To be fair, I don't think anybody is particularly anti-vaxx. Nobody wants to be vaccinated unless absolutely necessary. I don't like vaccines, but I understand that there are a few which can be essential. Many people have been rightly concerned about the swift nature of the testing and production of the covid vaccines.

Nothing is 100% foolproof of course, but for a virus that has a very high survival rate, it's understandable for there to be people who do not feel like it's necessary. I've always been quite open minded on vaccination. For me, I felt it necessary, but for others they should be allowed to do what they feel is right for them. I try to listen to both sides of the argument and come to my own conclusion.

Reactions: 8
To be fair, I don't think anybody is particularly anti-vaxx. Nobody wants to be vaccinated unless absolutely necessary. I don't like vaccines, but I understand that there are a few which can be essential. Many people have been rightly concerned about the swift nature of the testing and production of the covid vaccines.

Nothing is 100% foolproof of course, but for a virus that has a very high survival rate, it's understandable for there to be people who do not feel like it's necessary. I've always been quite open minded on vaccination. For me, I felt it necessary, but for others they should be allowed to do what they feel is right for them. I try to listen to both sides of the argument and come to my own conclusion.
100% agree it's just that the anti-vaxxers tend to ignore the science and run with the conspiracies. I have a friend who is anti-vaxx but she understands the science and doesn't believe all the conspiracies etc. Some of them will believe anything they read if it supports what they want to prove

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Here we go again berating people for what they do with their body, if it’s not your body it shouldn’t concern you.

I don’t have any vaccines neither do my kids and we aren’t anti science or mega conspiracy theorists - some conspiracies interest me but generally speaking it’s not something I actively look into.

Making blanket statements about people based on one choice they make just demonstrates the ignorance of yourself. “Anti vaxxers tend to ignore the science and run with conspiracies” what is this based on?

Very well said! I completely agree, everyone should absolutely be allowed to do what they feel is right for them and I always listen to both sides of the argument too it’s important to listen to even those we don’t agree with.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
100% agree it's just that the anti-vaxxers tend to ignore the science and run with the conspiracies. I have a friend who is anti-vaxx but she understands the science and doesn't believe all the conspiracies etc. Some of them will believe anything they read if it supports what they want to prove
Why do you label your friend anti vaxx? Are they opposed to all vaccination or just this one?

Why are you even interested in the reasons why people don't want to be vaccinated or any other medical decisions they make ?

Reactions: 10
You believe anything you read if it’s from The Science™
Who is that by the way? Because their are many scientists that are against the covid vaccine. I assume you are talking about a group of people in particular?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
They aren't very bright and seem to think that millions who have decided for whatever reasons not to have the "vaccines " are a community who think and speak as one.🤣

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I’m somewhat confused by your postings tbh perhaps the anti- conspiracy thread would be another place to visit after this. Just observations but in particular you do love to stir the pot with such comments as “serious nut cases” and the over use of the magical “tin hat ” which is meant as a slur is rather old now almost three years into this. Granted you haven’t called us selfish yet for not taking a vaccine that doesn’t stop transmissions.

Your very first post agreed that pharmaceutical companies will always lie. You’ve stated that the FDA has no power after watching that J&J documentary. Aren’t you also then a tin foil’er for holding such views (#thoughtcrime) and not #trusting the science after saying your three vaccines would leave you without any defence?

On a side note: I honestly do like reading Prefrontals comments. She takes the time to post study limitations, looks at data. We don’t always agree but she doesn’t respond to name calling or posting stuff just to start a bun fight. She has also apologized when she was wrong (I remember a fertility study where it wasn’t normal women but those undergoing IVF so results specifically for a set population ) as have we.

They aren't very bright and seem to think that millions who have decided for whatever reasons not to have the "vaccines " are a community who think and speak as one.🤣
Maybe we will get there with our favourite billionaire Elon’s help. (Skynet) 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Still can’t travel to the states without the vaccine. wonder if it will ever change. 😢

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m somewhat confused by your postings tbh perhaps the anti- conspiracy thread would be another place to visit after this. Just observations but in particular you do love to stir the pot with such comments as “serious nut cases” and the over use of the magical “tin hat ” which is meant as a slur is rather old now almost three years into this. Granted you haven’t called us selfish yet for not taking a vaccine that doesn’t stop transmissions.

Your very first post agreed that pharmaceutical companies will always lie. You’ve stated that the FDA has no power after watching that J&J documentary. Aren’t you also then a tin foil’er for holding such views (#thoughtcrime) and not #trusting the science after saying your three vaccines would leave you without any defence?

Number one a lot of you on here are nut cases for believing some of the "articles" you share. You are also entitled to call me a nut case, I don't consider that stirring the pot.

I don't think people not wanting the vaccine is selfish, I do however believe the vast majority doesn't understand the science behind how vaccines are created and just doesn't want it. At the end of the day I do believe nobody should be forced to have them.

How am I a tinfoiler for saying Big Pharma lies and vaccines eventually stop working? It was always transparent that the vaccines wouldn't stop you from getting it but add defences, a bit like the flu vaccine the elders take coming up to winter. It was also always clear that the vaccines only really had a life of about 3 months, although the government tried to make it last 6 - it obviously didn't work for most.

Am I eloquent in getting my points across - NO. English isn't my first language so sometimes I get stuck in thinking in my home language. But the sentiment is where I want it to be that a lot of people on this thread just don't believe in science.

You yourself have been caught sharing a great deal of fake clickbait articles when people died from unrelated things to the vaccine.

You believe anything you read if it’s from The Science™
Who is that by the way? Because their are many scientists that are against the covid vaccine. I assume you are talking about a group of people in particular?
I go on Google scholar and read up on the research papers. Not all of them are pro-vaccine and there are some really interesting studies. Especially concerning heart issues and covid and the covid vaccines.
This is where I get my "science" from.

Why do you label your friend anti vaxx? Are they opposed to all vaccination or just this one?

Why are you even interested in the reasons why people don't want to be vaccinated or any other medical decisions they make ?
She is anti-vaxx against a few vaccines not just this one. But she has done research on them and although I don't agree with some of her views she has done the research. A lot of people on this thread just quote really obscure click bait articles and not anything that is relevant.

But you will also be glad to know when this thread is up for renewal I won't join the new one so then you can all sing kumbaja together round your tinhats ;) I really posted on this thread more by accident than anything else and then I got stuck here because I just couldn't believe some of the things people believe.

Honestly go check out Google Scholar, you will find lots of research papers that support your views and that I can actually get behind, rather than some random blogger or youtube "scientist"

• Heart
Number one a lot of you on here are nut cases for believing some of the "articles" you share. You are also entitled to call me a nut case, I don't consider that stirring the pot.

I don't think people not wanting the vaccine is selfish, I do however believe the vast majority doesn't understand the science behind how vaccines are created and just doesn't want it. At the end of the day I do believe nobody should be forced to have them.

How am I a tinfoiler for saying Big Pharma lies and vaccines eventually stop working? It was always transparent that the vaccines wouldn't stop you from getting it but add defences, a bit like the flu vaccine the elders take coming up to winter. It was also always clear that the vaccines only really had a life of about 3 months, although the government tried to make it last 6 - it obviously didn't work for most.

Am I eloquent in getting my points across - NO. English isn't my first language so sometimes I get stuck in thinking in my home language. But the sentiment is where I want it to be that a lot of people on this thread just don't believe in science.

You yourself have been caught sharing a great deal of fake clickbait articles when people died from unrelated things to the vaccine.

I go on Google scholar and read up on the research papers. Not all of them are pro-vaccine and there are some really interesting studies. Especially concerning heart issues and covid and the covid vaccines.
This is where I get my "science" from.

She is anti-vaxx against a few vaccines not just this one. But she has done research on them and although I don't agree with some of her views she has done the research. A lot of people on this thread just quote really obscure click bait articles and not anything that is relevant.

But you will also be glad to know when this thread is up for renewal I won't join the new one so then you can all sing kumbaja together round your tinhats ;) I really posted on this thread more by accident than anything else and then I got stuck here because I just couldn't believe some of the things people believe.

Honestly go check out Google Scholar, you will find lots of research papers that support your views and that I can actually get behind, rather than some random blogger or youtube "scientist"
When your number one point is to name call and insult others it speaks volumes about your character.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.