COVID-19 vaccine #15 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It isn’t as black and white as those Twitter videos make it out to be. Base rate fallacy is not taken into account nor is he interpreting the stats in an accurate manner. Whereas, studies have shown the vaccine does reduce severe illness/death not the opposite.
Along with other factors ,we now know it's not a one man band .

My whole problem with this is you would THINK these companies would have been clear about the Vaccines being fast, would have WARNED people look we have no long term data, explain the risk is higher for you having a side effect and then welcome people to take it if they wish!? You would still have had people take it in the height of the Pandemic but the companies would have at least warned them etc, it would have been informed consent? But instead they spouted complete lies? These jabs never did what they were promised, immunity in the high 90% never happened? Needing boosters so close to Primary vaccination times?? I'm a vet nurse?? This doesn't happen with your pets jabs like? Most Vaccines are your primary set of 2 a few weeks apart and you're not back til a year later for your routine say Cat flu jab like??? And then this absolute idealogy that you couldn't refuse or question it? And then Government come up with punishment tactics and coercion methods? I couldn't believe this tit like???
I totally agree. It never made sense to me. Especially when we heard the vaccine companies were given immunity from legal liability.

There were too many things that didn't add up for me. I also have noticed a total shift among family and friends who are now not getting boosters and are asking more questions. I am personally very happy neither my Husband or I had the jab.

And just to reiterate; I've had every vaccine needed up until now (never the flu jab though as not at risk).

• Heart
Reactions: 13
FDA logic: 🤪

How could they claim it doesn't affect fertility if no studies were done at the time?

1650642190091.png

They've made their money. They will say we only said it MAY help. It was YOUR choice to get it even if you were forced into it.

Odd Pfizer's CEO would be so kind to give up his own shots and put others before himself.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Interesting.

At least Peta will be happy. Better to test the effects of these vaccines on kids and not mice though.

#animalliberation
#animalrights
#crueltyfree

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I totally agree. It never made sense to me. Especially when we heard the vaccine companies were given immunity from legal liability.

There were too many things that didn't add up for me. I also have noticed a total shift among family and friends who are now not getting boosters and are asking more questions. I am personally very happy neither my Husband or I had the jab.

And just to reiterate; I've had every vaccine needed up until now (never the flu jab though as not at risk).
Same here! Had Hepatitis jabs in 2016 and tetanus. Don't get flu jabs cos I'm not prone to flu.

Reactions: 4
never got a flu-shot

like why should you get one? I know so many people who took them for years and still got a heavy flu and this thing also keeps mutating

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't think there is a reliable way of knowing whether covid is more prevalent in vaxxed or unvaxxed people, because not everyone is testing. Non vaxxed people are also less likely to test. Hospitalisation would be higher in triple vaxxed because theyre the ones that have had three and are the most vulnerable.

Like throughout this pandemic, it's all a bit of a guessing game because it's hard to understand things on a population level when there are so many variables.

Have the gov been running a test group to try and follow it. Asked a number of random people to document their behaviour and test everyday, so they can get an idea of how the virus effects people. Probably not.

I don't think there is a reliable way of knowing whether covid is more prevalent in vaxxed or unvaxxed people, because not everyone is testing. Non vaxxed people are also less likely to test. Hospitalisation would be higher in triple vaxxed because theyre the ones that have had three and are the most vulnerable.

Like throughout this pandemic, it's all a bit of a guessing game because it's hard to understand things on a population level when there are so many variables.

Have the gov been running a test group to try and follow it. Asked a number of random people to document their behaviour and test everyday, so they can get an idea of how the virus effects people. Probably not.
That’s what the ONS was for but they’ve disabled it ( or most of it)

Reactions: 3

The ONS survey was quite detailed in documenting behaviour but when I was part of it (a while ago now) you only tested once a month. Like monga says I think its massively scaled back now.

Reactions: 3
So the people that were supposed to be monitoring didn't really bother to do it properly, then gave up.

It's almost like the gov would rather rely on inaccurate data so they can manipulate it to fit whatever narrative they are currently trying to push.

I don't think we've ever had any real facts through this whole thing. And the actual facts, like how it's only deadly to about 1% of people and they are mostly over 80, is just ignored in favour of fear mongering and propergander.

My mum's not been the same since having her thrid jab. She had covid right at the start she never needed any jabs. I'm so pissed off that she was guilted and coddled into having a jab that's now causeing her problems.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So the people that were supposed to be monitoring didn't really bother to do it properly, then gave up.

It's almost like the gov would rather rely on inaccurate data so they can manipulate it to fit whatever narrative they are currently trying to push.

I don't think we've ever had any real facts through this whole thing. And the actual facts, like how it's only deadly to about 1% of people and they are mostly over 80, is just ignored in favour of fear mongering and propergander.

My mum's not been the same since having her thrid jab. She had covid right at the start she never needed any jabs. I'm so pissed off that she was guilted and coddled into having a jab that's now causeing her problems.
No there’s lots want to keep it as a general tool to monitor things ,the ONS monitor lots of different topics amongst the general population but they’ve cut the funding for the covid part .

I really don’t agree with the comment about non vaxxed people are less likely to test. most people who aren’t vaccinated are happy to test. I went on holiday last year for a wedding and myself and my partner were the only people who had to test before we went, twice during the holiday and before we boarded the plane. The other 16 people who went didn’t have to test once. Who’s more likely to spread it in all seriousness? I think what the media shows is people who don’t want the vaccine as just anti vaxxers or conspiracy theorists and that’s part of the problem. It’s part of the divide.

id go as far to say a majority of people who haven’t had it, have just made the decision it’s not right for them. There’s no anti anything, it’s ok to not want it. It’s ok to question something. Not everything has to have a name or label.

testing is a safer way to stop the spread than the vaccine but they will never admit that. You can only spread covid, if you have it. Got covid? Cool, stay away from people until you don’t have it. Simples.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I really don’t agree with the comment about non vaxxed people are less likely to test. most people who aren’t vaccinated are happy to test. I went on holiday last year for a wedding and myself and my partner were the only people who had to test before we went, twice during the holiday and before we boarded the plane. The other 16 people who went didn’t have to test once. Who’s more likely to spread it in all seriousness? I think what the media shows is people who don’t want the vaccine as just anti vaxxers or conspiracy theorists and that’s part of the problem. It’s part of the divide.

id go as far to say a majority of people who haven’t had it, have just made the decision it’s not right for them. There’s no anti anything, it’s ok to not want it. It’s ok to question something. Not everything has to have a name or label.

testing is a safer way to stop the spread than the vaccine but they will never admit that. You can only spread covid, if you have it. Got covid? Cool, stay away from people until you don’t have it. Simples.
For me, most people I know that didn't get the vax didn't get it because they don't fear covid and don't see it as a threat. So they don't test either because they don't care if they get covid.

For me, most people I know that didn't get the vax didn't get it because they don't fear covid and don't see it as a threat. So they don't test either because they don't care if they get covid.
of course there is that. But it’s not exclusive and I’d say a majority just don’t want the vaccine.

Reactions: 1
of course there is that. But it’s not exclusive and I’d say a majority just don’t want the vaccine.
There are loads of reasons people did and didn't get the vax, we can all only persobally give our experience. But thats sorta what my original point was, that there are so many variables. It's hard to place fact on a statistic that says unvaccinated are more likely to end up with covid or visa versa. Because unless we tested everyone in the country everyday, we actually have no idea how many people have covid or who they are. All we actually know if how many people are testing.

Reactions: 2
There are loads of reasons people did and didn't get the vax, we can all only persobally give our experience. But thats sorta what my original point was, that there are so many variables. It's hard to place fact on a statistic that says unvaccinated are more likely to end up with covid or visa versa. Because unless we tested everyone in the country everyday, we actually have no idea how many people have covid or who they are. All we actually know if how many people are testing.
yes exactly.. my point was more around the fact that as soon as you don’t want the covid vaccine your a anti vaxxer, anti masker, conspiracy theorist that refuses to take a lateral flow.. and it’s just not the case, at all.

most people don’t test now because it costs money. So it’s just down to the individual to judge accordingly I guess. Wether that’s a good or bad thing is a matter of opinion. I agree there is no way of knowing the % of people with it and if they are vaccinated. I think about 80% of the uk is vaccinated now though so I’d hazard a guess and say more are probably vaccinated than not.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.