COVID-19 vaccine #15 & general vaccine conversation

Will you be having another vaccine/booster?

• Yes

Votes: 43 18.6%
  • No

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Don’t know

Votes: 22 9.5%
  • Never got it.

Votes: 100 43.3%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for the new thread but the poll has missed out a whole section of society. This is assuming everyone got the vaccine.

Reactions: 8
Hello all 👋

Stumbled across this thread but have spent most of today reading through the previous one, and it's really interesting to see a variety of view points on this, so thank you.
I haven't had the vaccine, all of my family and most of my close friends have. In the beginning friends got quite shirty about me not having it, said I was selfish, etc.. but since more and more boosters have been coming out, these same friends are now starting to question it all with some even saying they've had enough and won't be getting anymore jabs, so it's really interesting to see their change of thought.

Family have been a bit different - I have a narc mum who I think likely won't see me in person again as I haven't had it, and whenever we speak on the phone it's the first thing she asks 'have you had your vaccine yet?'.
I completely understand and respect her reason for having it, and as with my friends, I have not judged anyone for having it - it's your choice and you should be free to do what you like. However, I did feel there was a fair bit of negativity towards me for choosing not to have it, and in the beginning I understood their reasoning, but it was my choice too.

I'm that statistic though that says people who haven't had covid likely don't have any friends, so perhaps my hermit-lifestyle has enabled me to thankfully not catch covid (though have had a couple of colds here and there), but if I'm not hurting anyone I don't see what the problem is? I wear my mask when I go outside, and I'm quite happy to do so, despite others no longer wearing them.

Anyway, happy to be hear and learn more from others from both sides of the coin.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
There are too many replies to my last post to go back to each individually, plus it's harder with the thread change, but I had no idea what the 77th Brigade was until someone mentioned it here recently so I had a Google. Suffice to say I'm not a member of it!

Believe it or not, every day people can and do hold different viewpoints to you. It doesn't automatically make them part of the Army. :)

And welcome @screamqueen - I can tell we have opposing viewpoints about the vaccine (though not masks), but I like the last line of your post, as I do truly believe we can all discuss differing viewpoints without getting personal/rude with each other. I'd certainly like to see more of it anyway!

Reactions: 2
In reply to @monga in the last thread - I think the other poster mentioned they were flying back to the states (I assume this means the US) - its currently mandatory to have a negative test or proof of recovery from covid (via a drs letter) in order to board a plane to the US.

Reactions: 1
In reply to @monga in the last thread - I think the other poster mentioned they were flying back to the states (I assume this means the US) - its currently mandatory to have a negative test or proof of recovery from covid (via a drs letter) in order to board a plane to the US.
Aww right, I thought vaccination covered all

Yup, he tested positive now can’t fly. They say ten days isolation.. I’m hoping though it’s actually until he gets a negative! Such an inconvenience he’s now in our room we are on the sofa. He was previously in an air bnb. Annoyed as he didn’t lateral flow the day before to give them the heads up, & no back up plan!

Reactions: 1
There are too many replies to my last post to go back to each individually, plus it's harder with the thread change, but I had no idea what the 77th Brigade was until someone mentioned it here recently so I had a Google. Suffice to say I'm not a member of it!

Believe it or not, every day people can and do hold different viewpoints to you. It doesn't automatically make them part of the Army. :)

And welcome @screamqueen - I can tell we have opposing viewpoints about the vaccine (though not masks), but I like the last line of your post, as I do truly believe we can all discuss differing viewpoints without getting personal/rude with each other. I'd certainly like to see more of it anyway!
Glad I found you, thanks for your condescending post earlier! To explain the difference to you about medications having side effects, yes they do but usually the Company is well aware of said side effects, they've seen how they play out AND THEY ACTUALLY KNOW DOWN TO THE LETTER THE LIKELIHOOD OF YOU GETTING ONE!! On Pfizers initial press release they claimed their Vaccine was safe and effective? Myocarditis went on to be both DISCOVERED and OBSERVED after release of the vaccine in the PUBLIC. NOT before, and THEN provided a warning and an actual likelihood of it happening? It has since been continuously seen in the public? I.e the Public has been the Test Bed? Without their CONSENT to being said TEST BED??? The same happened with Astrazeneca? So yes I will CONTINUE to ring my hands at the absolute disgusting madness of this and also will mention how Pfizer being the outstandingly ethical company they are not, were Court Ordered to release the Data they wanted to bury for 75 years🤔 . Go read the 10 pages at the back which is a white-wash of serious side effects and tell me are you STILL happy you and your family were exposed to this by a company who KNEW what they were exposing the public to. Unbeknownst to them? Go look!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
As I have said before I thought the truth about vaccines would be blown wide open with the HPV vaccine. That one ruined so many lives and not a peep from the media.

This young boy always breaks my heart. Such a lovely soul who sadly died not from the vaccine but from suicide due to the injuries the vaccine gave him

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Hello all 👋

Stumbled across this thread but have spent most of today reading through the previous one, and it's really interesting to see a variety of view points on this, so thank you.
I haven't had the vaccine, all of my family and most of my close friends have. In the beginning friends got quite shirty about me not having it, said I was selfish, etc.. but since more and more boosters have been coming out, these same friends are now starting to question it all with some even saying they've had enough and won't be getting anymore jabs, so it's really interesting to see their change of thought.

Family have been a bit different - I have a narc mum who I think likely won't see me in person again as I haven't had it, and whenever we speak on the phone it's the first thing she asks 'have you had your vaccine yet?'.
I completely understand and respect her reason for having it, and as with my friends, I have not judged anyone for having it - it's your choice and you should be free to do what you like. However, I did feel there was a fair bit of negativity towards me for choosing not to have it, and in the beginning I understood their reasoning, but it was my choice too.

I'm that statistic though that says people who haven't had covid likely don't have any friends, so perhaps my hermit-lifestyle has enabled me to thankfully not catch covid (though have had a couple of colds here and there), but if I'm not hurting anyone I don't see what the problem is? I wear my mask when I go outside, and I'm quite happy to do so, despite others no longer wearing them.

Anyway, happy to be hear and learn more from others from both sides of the coin.
What you said about people’s attitudes changing towards the vaccine is very very true. Can’t tell you how many family/friend debates and arguments I had at the start. It was constant people coming for me :ROFLMAO: Now, these same people are questioning it a little bit more. I think like you said, the booster thing is putting people off. Loads of people are refusing to have any more jabs. They are done with it.

I’d say the large majority of people I know got the vaccine because of the vaccine passport thing and Holidays etc.. now they have scraped that a fair few arent happy about it. They thought that was the whole future but things were only ever supposed to be temporary though.

We also have more understanding around the whole thing now. At the start of the pandemic, I used to go supermarket, come home and I’d leave my shoes at the door, get straight in the shower and put my clothes in the wash. I was also leaving carrier bags outside the front door and spraying them with sanitiser :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: also had no hands left from sanitising them every 2 minutes, used to get crappy with people who stood to close to me in line :ROFLMAO: it was sheer fear of the unknown. Mental and bonkers it was haha! I remember watching the news and seeing men in hazard suits going into houses and wheeling people with covid out on stretchers and thinking omg it’s the zombie apocalypse :ROFLMAO: the world had gone mad, it still has but it’s got better!

I hope your mum sees sense, you can only spread covid if you have it after all! ❤

Glad I found you, thanks for your condescending post earlier! To explain the difference to you about medications having side effects, yes they do but usually the Company is well aware of said side effects, they've seen how they play out AND THEY ACTUALLY KNOW DOWN TO THE LETTER THE LIKELIHOOD OF YOU GETTING ONE!! On Pfizers initial press release they claimed their Vaccine was safe and effective? Myocarditis went on to be both DISCOVERED and OBSERVED after release of the vaccine in the PUBLIC. NOT before, and THEN provided a warning and an actual likelihood of it happening? It has since been continuously seen in the public? I.e the Public has been the Test Bed? Without their CONSENT to being said TEST BED??? The same happened with Astrazeneca? So yes I will CONTINUE to ring my hands at the absolute disgusting madness of this and also will mention how Pfizer being the outstandingly ethical company they are not, were Court Ordered to release the Data they wanted to bury for 75 years🤔 . Go read the 10 pages at the back which is a white-wash of serious side effects and tell me are you STILL happy you and your family were exposed to this by a company who KNEW what they were exposing the public to. Unbeknownst to them? Go look!
It’s a disgrace that people have the attitude of well it can have side affects. This isn’t normal, it isn’t ok and the people who have had some of these issues with it, are worth more than that. They deserve to be heard and not just brushed off like they are being!

It’s a national disgrace what is happening with that and it’s almost as if it isn’t happening at all. If social media didn’t exist no one would know a single thing. Hardly see it covered in the press or news or am I wrong? Where is the national outrage?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
My whole problem with this is you would THINK these companies would have been clear about the Vaccines being fast, would have WARNED people look we have no long term data, explain the risk is higher for you having a side effect and then welcome people to take it if they wish!? You would still have had people take it in the height of the Pandemic but the companies would have at least warned them etc, it would have been informed consent? But instead they spouted complete lies? These jabs never did what they were promised, immunity in the high 90% never happened? Needing boosters so close to Primary vaccination times?? I'm a vet nurse?? This doesn't happen with your pets jabs like? Most Vaccines are your primary set of 2 a few weeks apart and you're not back til a year later for your routine say Cat flu jab like??? And then this absolute idealogy that you couldn't refuse or question it? And then Government come up with punishment tactics and coercion methods? I couldn't believe this tit like???

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Very interesting. If you are triple jabbed you are twice as likely to catch Covid and be hospitalised. Death is also much higher in the triple vaxxed. If you keep going down the thread there's more clips stating statistics.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
TE="Freedomofspeech89, post: 9436819, member: 61660"]
Very interesting. If you are triple jabbed you are twice as likely to catch Covid and be hospitalised. Death is also much higher in the triple vaxxed. If you keep going down the thread there's more clips stating statistics.

[/QUOTE]
This is mind-blowing like? I mean is anybody going to be held accountable for any of this??? If this happened with any other vaccine it would be appalling by any stretch of the imagination??😳 Imagine your chance of getting Rabies rises after being vaccinated with the Rabies jab? Can you imagine THAT actually being true? It would be a disgrace?

• Heart
Reactions: 12

I took a screen shot from one of the clips and you can see in the younger age group the cases are higher in the unvaccinated (965 in unvaccinated vs 56 after 1st dose vs 38 after 2nd dose vs 5 after 3rd dose) so your argument is really quite flawed. This is also data from a certain time period, also not taking into account is it per 1,000 people or per 100,000 people? Base rate fallacy has been ignored.

For example I have seen instances where stats are shared regarding number of people in ICU or number of people going into hospital and base rate fallacy ignored. Example -

You have 1000 people.

-> 800 vaccinated / 200 unvaccinated.

-> 60 vaccinated hospitalised and 40 unvaccinated are hospitalised.

60/800 = 0.075 x 100 = 7.5% hospitalisation rate for vaccinated.

40/100 = 0.2 x 100 = 20% hospitalisation rate for unvaccinated.

When you look at the whole picture you will see that there is more to it. Context is important.

6A3FDB66-C8B2-42AE-A112-8F4AD65B56E8.jpeg

I took a screen shot from one of the clips and you can see in the younger age group the cases are higher in the unvaccinated (965 in unvaccinated vs 56 after 1st dose vs 38 after 2nd dose vs 5 after 3rd dose) so your argument is really quite flawed. This is also data from a certain time period, also not taking into account is it per 1,000 people or per 100,000 people? Base rate fallacy has been ignored.

For example I have seen instances where stats are shared regarding number of people in ICU or number of people going into hospital and base rate fallacy ignored. Example -

You have 1000 people.

-> 800 vaccinated / 200 unvaccinated.

-> 60 vaccinated hospitalised and 40 unvaccinated are hospitalised.

60/800 = 0.075 x 100 = 7.5% hospitalisation rate for vaccinated.

40/100 = 0.2 x 100 = 20% hospitalisation rate for unvaccinated.

When you look at the whole picture you will see that there is more to it. Context is important.

View attachment 1212483
Is that not because there’s not as much vaccine uptake in younger age groups?
What percentage of younger age groups are vaccinated compared to over 70’s?
Over 80’s have always had the highest vaccine uptake and the highest hospital admission rate throughout the pandemic.

Last edited:
What you said about people’s attitudes changing towards the vaccine is very very true. Can’t tell you how many family/friend debates and arguments I had at the start. It was constant people coming for me :ROFLMAO: Now, these same people are questioning it a little bit more. I think like you said, the booster thing is putting people off. Loads of people are refusing to have any more jabs. They are done with it.

I’d say the large majority of people I know got the vaccine because of the vaccine passport thing and Holidays etc.. now they have scraped that a fair few arent happy about it. They thought that was the whole future but things were only ever supposed to be temporary though.

We also have more understanding around the whole thing now. At the start of the pandemic, I used to go supermarket, come home and I’d leave my shoes at the door, get straight in the shower and put my clothes in the wash. I was also leaving carrier bags outside the front door and spraying them with sanitiser :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: also had no hands left from sanitising them every 2 minutes, used to get crappy with people who stood to close to me in line :ROFLMAO: it was sheer fear of the unknown. Mental and bonkers it was haha! I remember watching the news and seeing men in hazard suits going into houses and wheeling people with covid out on stretchers and thinking omg it’s the zombie apocalypse :ROFLMAO: the world had gone mad, it still has but it’s got better!

I hope your mum sees sense, you can only spread covid if you have it after all! ❤
Thanks so much ❤

That's really interesting you've had a similar experience in people's attitudes towards the vaccine changing too. We too had lots of arguments/attacks from friends and family in the beginning, and now it's like people are changing their own minds towards further boosts and jabs and haven't questioned our decision since.

Yeah, you make a good point too about the passport and holiday part - definitely a good portion of people I know opted to get it for just that. I also have friends who work away, so felt they needed to get it in order to work which I understand, but wouldn't like to have been in their position to have to make that choice.

Ahaha yes! But that's what we were told, wasn't it? Wash your shopping, etc - I know some of my family were bonkers for it, but can't blame people for acting on what they've been told to do. We thankfully weren't too bad, mostly just mask wearing, washing hands a lot (particularly after coming back from shopping, etc) you just do what you can, don't you?

It did feel super apocalyptic at the start, didn't it? My partner and I were discussing only a few weeks ago how mad it was to be sitting at home listening to the PM talk about the country going into lockdown and how scary it felt to hear that. Fast forward to now, it's almost like it was a weird dream..

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Is that not because there’s not as much vaccine uptake in younger age groups?
What percentage of younger age groups are vaccinated compared to over 70’s?
Over 80’s have always had the highest vaccine uptake and the highest hospital admission rate throughout the pandemic.
It isn’t as black and white as those Twitter videos make it out to be. Base rate fallacy is not taken into account nor is he interpreting the stats in an accurate manner. Whereas, studies have shown the vaccine does reduce severe illness/death not the opposite.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.