COVID-19 vaccine #14 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know what I said. You don’t need to post a screenshot. 🥴 They have experience and knowledge of infectious diseases so are qualified to give advice.

When I say they are qualified in dealing with pandemics that does not equate to ‘they are experts on Covid-19.’ They have knowledge of infectious diseases and experience which would shed light on things like transmission, infectiousness etc.

When does it not become misinformation? Two years down the line?

Both the president and the current CDC director said getting vaccinated would stop you getting and spreading covid. 🤪

The US said it didn’t fund gain of function reasearch then admit they did.

What about 12 year old Maddie who took part in the pfizer trial, but the conclusion of that study was it was still safe?
It's definitely reduced infections. Not prevented all, as that was never going to be possible.

It's definitely reduced infections. Not prevented all, as that was never going to be possible.
There is literally no way of knowing it has reduced infections. Same as there is no way of knowing it has reduced hospitalisations. You can’t compare by using a ‘this time last year’ method because the infection rate was always going to fall year after year with or without vaccines. It’s all complete guesswork.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
We weren't talking about random infectious diseases though we were talking about covid
I know but it’s people like them who have shed knowledge on what Covid-19 is and how it transmits, how infectious it is, what it does to your body etc. Without the likes of Whitty or Vallance or scientists, what would we know?

Nope. Fact checked: President Joe Biden exaggerated when he spoke about the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccine during a CNN town hall. "You're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations," Biden said.

There is literally no way of knowing it has reduced infections. Same as there is no way of knowing it has reduced hospitalisations. You can’t compare by using a ‘this time last year’ method because the infection rate was always going to fall year after year with or without vaccines. It’s all complete guesswork.
This simply is not true. Time and time again it has been shown that vaccines have reduced hospitalisations and deaths. The infection rate is very high right now due to having 0 restrictions and measures in place.

Reactions: 1
"This is a simple, basic proposition: If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in an ICU unit, and you’re not going to die,"

Reactions: 5
I know but it’s people like them who have shed knowledge on what Covid-19 is and how it transmits, how infectious it is, what it does to your body etc. Without the likes of Whitty or Vallance or scientists, what would we know?
What do we know? They still don’t know very much about it or why some people get it and some people don’t so your claim they are accurate is false

Reactions: 3
There's plenty of research to show it has reduced infections. Though I know you'll just make up stuff about those sources because you'd prefer to bury your head in the sand.

What do we know? They still don’t know very much about it or why some people get it and some people don’t do your claim they are accurate is false
Out of interest do you now regret having had all three vaccines?

Reactions: 1
There's plenty of research to show it has reduced infections. Though I know you'll just make up stuff about those sources because you'd prefer to bury your head in the sand.

Out of interest do you now regret having had all three vaccines?
Oh dear, I must have rattled your cage by something I said 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Of course freedom of speech can come with consequences. You are free to say whatever you want - that doesn’t mean people will lie down and accept it and you’re very naive if you truly believe that.
I’m vaccinated but don’t believe it should be mandatory, however people who choose not to be vaccinated shouldn’t expect to be treated the same as those that are.
I think this response seems very fitting to the above post 🤣

• Haha
Why? When the vaccine doesn’t stop you catching and spreading covid I still find this a bizarre view to have. Hopefully you don’t end up with any side effects due to your vaccines then, as you wouldn’t be able to get your next shot and then in your view, shouldn’t be treated the same as a fully vaccinated person. 😐
I’ve had no side effects from any of the 3 I’ve had. Also having side effects wouldn’t stop me from getting my next vaccine so I’m not sure what you mean by that. The vaccine greatly reduces your chance of getting covid and the symptoms if you do catch it - that’s the science - it’s up to you if you want to deny it.

What pandemics did they deal with prior to this one that made them accurate and qualified ,I think you mean guess work ie modelling ,most of which didn't happen ...Dr J doesn't claim to be qualified .

I think you'll find everyone is being treated the same now even hospital inpatients will be mixed according to recent press reports ...don't know what year you're still living in .
Everyone is not being treated the same in regards to international travel.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.