COVID-19 vaccine #14 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wonder if there's any info on the total number ordered for all children in the UK?

"After “several inquiries from The New York Times,” CDC unexpectedly decided to publish its data on the risks of hospitalization and death from both unvaccinated and vaccinated Americans, with or without booster dosing. But it did so in a manner that obscures younger individuals’ overall Covid risks, which is very low, instead attempting to force a comparison between vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals’ hospitalization. The exact data about Covid risks by specific age has not been released in any graphical or easily viewable form anywhere.

This rationale for deliberately hiding government-collected effectiveness data was even confirmed by the CDC’s spokeswoman, Kristen Nordlund. This taxpayer-funded agency didn’t want to give taxpayers the full picture of vaccine effectiveness—for their own good. "

Dr. David Gortler is a pharmacologist, pharmacist, and an FDA and health policy fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center. He was a professor of pharmacology and biotechnology at the Yale University School of Medicine, where he also served at Yale’s Bioethicist Center, and was an FDA medical officer who was later appointed by the White House as senior advisor to the FDA commissioner for drug safety, FDA science policy, and FDA regulatory affairs. He is a columnist at Forbes, where he writes on drug safety, health care and FDA policy.
Slimy snake oil salesmen the lot of them 🦎

Reactions: 5
I still don't see the issue with 'relevant groups' (presumably the elderly and vulnerable) getting regular covid jabs if they choose to do so.

Most people who didn't want to get the covid vaccine were against it being forced on people and anti covid passports for entry to places or for travel.

However, assuming future vaccines are purely optional for the vulnerable in the exact same way that flu vaccines always have been, and aren't required as part of a passport, then I can't see any reason why people would object to them? If they are, then surely they're anti choice?

Reactions: 1
I still don't see the issue with 'relevant groups' (presumably the elderly and vulnerable) getting regular covid jabs if they choose to do so.

Most people who didn't want to get the covid vaccine were against it being forced on people and anti covid passports for entry to places or for travel.

However, assuming future vaccines are purely optional for the vulnerable in the exact same way that flu vaccines always have been, and aren't required as part of a passport, then I can't see any reason why people would object to them? If they are, then surely they're anti choice?
As long as they have full discloser and know all the risks, then that's up to them but how many know the risks, not many, and how many will be giving the jab without consent to those with dementia in care homes etc

How many parents know the risk from the vaccine is higher for their child than the covid risk? Not many , if they did they would not be vaccinating.

Reactions: 8

Time, resources and money. There are millions of people waiting for treatment and the focus now needs to be on them, people who are in real danger of dying as oppose to someone with is what is simply now a cold virus.

Reactions: 7
Time, resources and money. There are millions of people waiting for treatment and the focus now needs to be on them, people who are in real danger of dying as oppose to someone with is what is simply now a cold virus.
For a lot of vulnerable and elderly people it isn't just a cold virus, though. Those people can be in "real danger of dying" (to use your words) if they get covid, which is why future vaccines will focus on them, just as flu vaccines are focused on the same types of people.

I suspect anyone who isn't part of the at risk groups will need to pay for their own covid vaccine if they want one in future, again as they do now if they want the flu vaccine.

I don't recall people complaining about spending time, resources and money on the flu vaccine previously, so I don't see why it's only raised as an objection to future covid vaccines now. In fact, some people will be able to have both their flu and covid vaccine at the same appointment (my mum had her covid booster and flu vaccine at the same time last autumn) which will use even less time and resources.

For a lot of vulnerable and elderly people it isn't just a cold virus, though. Those people can be in "real danger of dying" (to use your words) if they get covid, which is why future vaccines will focus on them, just as flu vaccines are focused on the same types of people.

I suspect anyone who isn't part of the at risk groups will need to pay for their own covid vaccine if they want one in future, again as they do now if they want the flu vaccine.

I don't recall people complaining about spending time, resources and money on the flu vaccine previously, so I don't see why it's only raised as an objection to future covid vaccines now. In fact, some people will be able to have both their flu and covid vaccine at the same appointment (my mum had her covid booster and flu vaccine at the same time last autumn) which will use even less time and resources.
I thought they were still focusing on vaccinating children? And why am I seeing stalls in towns giving out testing kits? If those people are volunteers fine but if they're being paid for by NHS money not fine at all.

Reactions: 3
Meanwhile in the AUS:

Pfizer's third FORCED data set will be released soon.

#Safeandeffective

1648723393046.png

Someone I work with reckons we will get another lockdown - surly not??
I personally don't think we will. We're still not China and I think that ship has sailed. Not many will comply.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
on one of my FB groups.. seems to mostly be the vaccianted suffer more than the unvaccinated .. My middle child and his family are all vacinated and all got quite ill none of the unvaccinated felt it bad.

1648744846709.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
on one of my FB groups.. seems to mostly be the vaccianted suffer more than the unvaccinated .. My middle child and his family are all vacinated and all got quite ill none of the unvaccinated felt it bad.

View attachment 1162805
Not sure how old they are but it seems the BA2 is attacking the older generation again ,done a full circle BA1, attacking the kids more

Not sure how old they are but it seems the BA2 is attacking the older generation again ,done a full circle BA1, attacking the kids more
Had a look on their page to see if I could see how old and spotted this.. so backed away..🤣 dont think she is old as still working

1648746458630.png

• Haha
  • Wow
The only people in my family who have had covid twice and been ill on top have been double/ triple vaccinated.

Glad I haven't got a lot of friends. :ROFLMAO:

Had a look on their page to see if I could see how old and spotted this.. so backed away..🤣 dont think she is old as still working

View attachment 1162887
So you will be popping around with a hot meal for her then? 🤪

#Bekind
#wereallinthistogether
#Allanimalsareequalbutsomearemoreequalthanothers.

• Haha
The only people in my family who have had covid twice and been ill on top have been double/ triple vaccinated.

So you will be popping around with a hot meal for her then? 🤪

Hahaha, I still would. but would have to zip my lips

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.