COVID-19 vaccine #11 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iv never had it (knowingly) but someone I know that’s also unvaccinated just had it over Christmas, she said she had chills and hot sweats the first day and then fatigue for a few days and then felt fine after 4/5 days so sounds similar to what people that are even triple jabbed have experienced? Remember that everyone who had covid in 2020 and early 2021 was unvaccinated, the media have done a great job into scaring everyone into thinking that being unvaccinated = terrible covid symptoms. If you are healthy then why are you worried?
Thank you for this. I am trying to remain rational to my thoughts and decisions regarding the vaccine but it’s hard with all the scaremongering and I am equally as scared of covid to be honest and done my best to avoid it.

Unvaccinated, immunosupressed, in bed for almost a week, felt rough for about 2 weeks. Headache, aches, feeling nauseous, weak. I felt as bad as when I had flu when I was 18.

3 others in the household got it and were varying in symptoms. 2 kids off it for 2 - 3 days, other adult flu like symptoms for a few days.

I kept on top with paracetamol and ibuprofen and made sure I ate and drank plenty eve though I didn't want to.

Hope it's mild for you.
Thank you also. I know it’s silly but hearing “real” stories rather than the ones all over the news really does help.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thank you for this. I am trying to remain rational to my thoughts and decisions regarding the vaccine but it’s hard with all the scaremongering and I am equally as scared of covid to be honest and done my best to avoid it.

Thank you also. I know it’s silly but hearing “real” stories rather than the ones all over the news really does help.
Try not think yourself into an anxious state before you have even started having any symptoms, keep your diet healthy, drink plenty of water, take paracetamol if needed and take antiviral and antioxidant supplements (zinc, high strength vit D, alpha lipoic acid).

Reactions: 10
Try not think yourself into an anxious state before you have even started having any symptoms, keep your diet healthy, drink plenty of water, take paracetamol if needed and take antiviral and antioxidant supplements (zinc, high strength vit D, alpha lipoic acid).
Can youget antiviral over the counter? I thought this was prescription only from the doctor. I take Vit C/D&folic every day.

Does anyone have any other home remedy advice?

I agree x I got the variant circulating in March which gave me a fever,nausea headache cough, felt very nauseous like morning sickness had to eat to keep at bay but felt sick eating 🙄couldn't taste smell,I had to look after a baby who didn't sleep good and a 6year old so
I did,and I needed a nanna sleep every day,
I also had an aching butt 😂and an
Ache
Deep in my back /chest,i
Took ibuprofen and paracetamol and all the vitamins,mannuka honey lemon etc etc,after a week I felt more normal just a little down,weird. Anyway since I reckon I've had covid lingering,phantom smells bad headaches but they are reducing. It's a different variant now,a lesser,I would be intrigued to hear how you feel in a few days. I am not vaccinated and contracted when I wasn't eligible, and no one was remotely worried not even track trace or whatever they are(I ignored them as long as I could),now they think I'm going to pop off if I get it 🤯🙄 please don't worry easier said than done, I hope you feel ok and get well super fast x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Can youget antiviral over the counter? I thought this was prescription only from the doctor. I take Vit C/D&folic every day.

Does anyone have any other home remedy advice?
Yes you can buy most supplements in Holland and barratt and Amazon. I see others are saying to take ibuprofen but I have read before that doctors recommend not to take anti inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen for covid/flu 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Literally decades spent telling people that they're not allowed to divide, separate, exclude or criticise people based on sex, age, religion, race, and five other "protected characteristics", several of which are personal choices rather than birthrights; how the hell did we get to a position where it seems to be acceptable to pick people out based on their ability/inability, or simple choice, to take an experimental medicine or not. An experimental medicine that doesn't even stop you getting the disease or spreading it to others, all it might do is lessen the impact to yourself when you do get it.

How can we expect kids like yours to respect (for example) someone's sexual orientation choice when they're seeing classmates divided and sent away like this.

Where is the outrage from Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch on this.

View attachment 968592
Are you taking the piss? Sexual orientation isn't a choice, so it's nothing like choosing whether to have a vaccine or not. 🤣

Are you taking the piss? Sexual orientation isn't a choice, so it's nothing like choosing whether to have a vaccine or not. 🤣
Yea so "choice" wasn't really what I meant, I didn't spend hours agonising over my post, sorry.

But that's your take-home from what I wrote? Just to moan about that one word? No comment on how it's seemingly allowed to demonise people on whether they've taken a rushed vaccine or not, in the face of all the things it's not allowed to separate people on?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yea so "choice" wasn't really what I meant, I didn't spend hours agonising over my post, sorry.

But that's your take-home from what I wrote? Just to moan about that one word? No comment on how it's seemingly allowed to demonise people on whether they've taken a rushed vaccine or not, in the face of all the things it's not allowed to separate people on?
I don't think it takes hours to not post inaccurate things like you did there. You're dreaming up a scenario that assumes if a student saw his/her classmate not getting the vaccine and then thought "I was fine with gay people up until now, but I'm gonna be nasty to them from now on". It's just silly.

That aside, I maintain that age, gender, race, sexual orientation etc can't be compared to choosing whether to have a vaccine or not.

Reactions: 5
I don't think it takes hours to not post inaccurate things like you did there. You're dreaming up a scenario that assumes if a student saw his/her classmate not getting the vaccine and then thought "I was fine with gay people up until now, but I'm gonna be nasty to them from now on". It's just silly.

That aside, I maintain that age, gender, race, sexual orientation etc can't be compared to choosing whether to have a vaccine or not.
But that's essentially my point, that they're not comparable. (Well unless I'm totally misunderstanding you). Age, gender, sex etc are all massive features of individuals and in a modern society we know not to segregate people based on those any more. So I don't understand how it's become acceptable to segregate and deny people based on the relatively little point of whether they got a covid vaccine or not. Especially when you recall that the vaccine appears to do nothing to stop other people catching it or spreading it. So what does it matter to Person A, if Person B is vaccinated or not., since only Person B benefits from Person B being vaccinated.

Reactions: 11
Sorry to jump on this thread, I am always lurking! I am unvaccinated and just tested positive for Covid. Just wondering if anyone on here has had covid and no vaccine and how they found their symptoms? I am having a major freak out and everyone I know is vaccinated so I just can’t gauge how bad this may or may not be 😢
I’ve had covid unvaccinated, recovered fine without needing any medical assistance. It’s a strange virus, effects everyone differently, but outside of headache and fatigue I was fine. Wishing you an easy time. Try not to freak out t too much. I went through the same emotional stress response, but like I said,I was fine. Hopefully this helps put your mind at rest.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Sorry to jump on this thread, I am always lurking! I am unvaccinated and just tested positive for Covid. Just wondering if anyone on here has had covid and no vaccine and how they found their symptoms? I am having a major freak out and everyone I know is vaccinated so I just can’t gauge how bad this may or may not be 😢

I know a few who are unvaccinated who have had it now. none really ill my daughter just lost her sense of smell/taste and felt tired. SIL said he felt rubbish ( but he is a man ;) ) the children were fine no symptoms.
I got ill at the same time didnt test though. I am in my 60s and CEV and for me, it was just like a heavy cold (without the runny nose though) didnt even go to my chest though like most heavy colds I have a few lung problems and they were not affected at all. My son and his partner both vaccinated had it much worse than we all did .. as have a few vaccinated friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Me and hubbie had covid end of Nov. Both late 30ths, both heathy BMI, I'm pretty fit but hubbie is a bit out of shape and has asthma. Neither of us are vaxxed.

I had it for a week before I knew it was covid, just upset stomach and bit tired. On day 7 I could barely get out of bed (also hung over) nearly passed out going up the stairs. Did a test and it was positive. Following day felt much better and by the evening I felt fine but I developed a cough. I got a neg test on day 11 but the cough lasted about another week. I started suppressing the cough and that helped.

Hubbie got a fever , tested positive that night. His fever lasted a week and he barely got out of bed. His cough was really bad too. His cough developed into broncitus. He was ill for 3 weeks total. 2 weeks positive with covid and stayed in bed or the sofa pretty much the whole time. Then a week to get over the broncitus.

I did have a little panic when I got the cough but it was fine. For me worse then a cold but not as bad a flu, for hubbie same as a bad chest infection. I'm glad we've both had it now and don't have to worry about catching it and I definitely won't be getting the vax now. (Not that I was going to anyway) and I don't regret not getting the vax.

2 pre school kids never had any symptoms

• Heart

I read the overall passage as being about teaching the values of tolerance and not encouraging discrimination, not shaming, not segregating. In the 21st century we shouldn't be creating a new hate society

I spoke to a few teens and they said they hate wearing the mask, don't feel physically comfortable, feel anxious when I asked if they could be exempt or simply stand up for it, they said they were fearful of their peers judging them, not fearful of Covid, but of society!

Choice is the key word for all.

Had text from work colleague really suffering from Covid now "thank God I had 3 jabs otherwise who knows how bad I'd really be, maybe in hospital".

Who knows either way, who knows! 🤷

Has anywhere actually brought in a mandate yet, or are they all just threats.

I'm pretty sure it can't be legal to fine and imprison people for not participating in a vaccine trial. Not in Europe anyway.
It's really hard to say because there is so much propaganda out there. In western countries I don't think they've enforced "compulsory" vaccines but more by stealth and threats. I hear awful things happening in the Philippines but again not sure how much of this is true or not.

Tbh I feel this whole thing is more psychological than physical. Most of the time if I didn't go on Twitter or look at the news I wouldn't even know any of this is going on. Just shows you how this whole pandemic is media driven in every way.

Reactions: 17
It's really hard to say because there is so much propaganda out there. In western countries I don't think they've enforced "compulsory" vaccines but more by stealth and threats. I hear awful things happening in the Philippines but again not sure how much of this is true or not.

Tbh I feel this whole thing is more psychological than physical. Most of the time if I didn't go on Twitter or look at the news I wouldn't even know any of this is going on. Just shows you how this whole pandemic is media driven in every way.
I heard fines for over 50s in Greece and Italy, but I don't know if they actually brought it in. Germany it's still just a threat.
I just can't see how it fits in with the European human rights court.

I think it's just scare tactics.

What a shocker ! I bet they weren't expecting that . I wonder what his senior managers will have to say :sneaky:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

What a shocker ! I bet they weren't expecting that . I wonder what his senior managers will have to say :sneaky:
Good for him 🙌 I'll ask my husband to see how this is going down on the doctor's discussion forum. I imagine this brave chap is getting an absolute pasting, and the GMC vultures will already be circling.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.