COVID-19 vaccine #11 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A school near me is starting appointments for 12 - 16yr olds from the 7th. Appointments start once school ends, then carry on over the weekend, so this particular schools timetable, or students routine won't be affected luckily.
The school my son goes to administered them in one of the school halls. It was during the school day and lessons were interrupted because regardless on if you gave consent or not all children had to go to the hall so they stayed in their tutor group bubbles. Then the ones that didn't have consent were sent away.
I thought that a bit mean because there was almost a walk of shame for those kids being sent back out - my son being one of them. No way am I consenting!
Well that's just it ,it is a walk of shame really ,how long before the teens start turning on each other over vaxxine status ? it'll be a whole new level of bullying that transpires and how much will schools intervene when it's gov recommendations 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Isn’t it clear from the chart that the cases increased around the same time Omicron started to take over? Highly transmissible variant = increase in cases.
I think the point is the vaccines aren't stopping the spread. So there is no point in this blanket vax program or demonising the unvaxxed or mandates and restrictions.

Targeting the people who would actually benefit from the vax would make more sense. It would likely save more lives as well.I've seen a fair few people who clearly would have needed the vax but didnt take it and died - because no one is explaining to them risk factors. All you hear is we all need it even though the science doesn't back that up. So people are understandedly getting spooked about taking it-which unfortunately includes people that actually need it.

Reactions: 18
A school near me is starting appointments for 12 - 16yr olds from the 7th. Appointments start once school ends, then carry on over the weekend, so this particular schools timetable, or students routine won't be affected luckily.
The school my son goes to administered them in one of the school halls. It was during the school day and lessons were interrupted because regardless on if you gave consent or not all children had to go to the hall so they stayed in their tutor group bubbles. Then the ones that didn't have consent were sent away.
I thought that a bit mean because there was almost a walk of shame for those kids being sent back out - my son being one of them. No way am I consenting!
Literally decades spent telling people that they're not allowed to divide, separate, exclude or criticise people based on sex, age, religion, race, and five other "protected characteristics", several of which are personal choices rather than birthrights; how the hell did we get to a position where it seems to be acceptable to pick people out based on their ability/inability, or simple choice, to take an experimental medicine or not. An experimental medicine that doesn't even stop you getting the disease or spreading it to others, all it might do is lessen the impact to yourself when you do get it.

How can we expect kids like yours to respect (for example) someone's sexual orientation choice when they're seeing classmates divided and sent away like this.

Where is the outrage from Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch on this.

1641465469463.png

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Isn’t it clear from the chart that the cases increased around the same time Omicron started to take over? Highly transmissible variant = increase in cases.
That was my take on it, something of an unsurprise - will need to see how their hospital data looks in relation to it. Presumably that won't be seen for a few weeks.

I think the point is the vaccines aren't stopping the spread. So there is no point in this blanket vax program or demonising the unvaxxed or mandates and restrictions.
Probably also a lot do do with their overly optimistic assumptions about how well their green pass system would work.

Reactions: 1
Literally decades spent telling people that they're not allowed to divide, separate, exclude or criticise people based on sex, age, religion, race, and five other "protected characteristics", several of which are personal choices rather than birthrights; how the hell did we get to a position where it seems to be acceptable to pick people out based on their ability/inability, or simple choice, to take an experimental medicine or not. An experimental medicine that doesn't even stop you getting the disease or spreading it to others, all it might do is lessen the impact to yourself when you do get it.

How can we expect kids like yours to respect (for example) someone's sexual orientation choice when they're seeing classmates divided and sent away like this.

Where is the outrage from Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch on this.

View attachment 968592
I thought sexual orientation was NOT a choice?

Reactions: 2
This is wild. What is the purpose of this creatures existence? What other creature eats it?
I don't know ,imagine just existing to have sex and nothing else 😂

Would anyone be up for having the anti aging vaccine very promising results in mice but still a way off for humans

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Sorry to jump on this thread, I am always lurking! I am unvaccinated and just tested positive for Covid. Just wondering if anyone on here has had covid and no vaccine and how they found their symptoms? I am having a major freak out and everyone I know is vaccinated so I just can’t gauge how bad this may or may not be 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I find locking my children in the cupboard under the stairs alot more practical than tying them to their beds, especially if official people knock at the door 😉. As for my family we have carried on as normal for the last two years, if anyone is ill they stay home. In the first lockdown my daughter started self harming which progressed to her attempting to kill herself , she was 14 at the time, it's unbearable to think of the damage it has done to our children . My family got covid in December 2019 and it effected each one of us differently
the best thing i ever did was get rid of the TV, the only way my family finds out what's going on in the world is if we choose to look on tinternet, and I truly believe that's why my family don't live in fear of covid x
Sorry about your daughter, I bet you've been worried sick.

I've just posted similar on another thread about getting on with it now. Especially for the kids, teenage lives are so up and down anyway and this has not helped one bit. We are carrying on as 'normal'.

Well that's just it ,it is a walk of shame really ,how long before the teens start turning on each other over vaxxine status ? it'll be a whole new level of bullying that transpires and how much will schools intervene when it's gov recommendations 🤷‍♀️
My daughter has already experienced this with the first lot of vaccinations in school.

Pupils AND teachers having a go at her saying she was selfish. Luckily my children are dead against being vaccinated and will speak up but I'm sure many won't and it will be very intimidating for them.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Sorry to jump on this thread, I am always lurking! I am unvaccinated and just tested positive for Covid. Just wondering if anyone on here has had covid and no vaccine and how they found their symptoms? I am having a major freak out and everyone I know is vaccinated so I just can’t gauge how bad this may or may not be 😢
Iv never had it (knowingly) but someone I know that’s also unvaccinated just had it over Christmas, she said she had chills and hot sweats the first day and then fatigue for a few days and then felt fine after 4/5 days so sounds similar to what people that are even triple jabbed have experienced? Remember that everyone who had covid in 2020 and early 2021 was unvaccinated, the media have done a great job into scaring everyone into thinking that being unvaccinated = terrible covid symptoms. If you are healthy then why are you worried?

Reactions: 14
Unvaccinated, immunosupressed, in bed for almost a week, felt rough for about 2 weeks. Headache, aches, feeling nauseous, weak. I felt as bad as when I had flu when I was 18.

3 others in the household got it and were varying in symptoms. 2 kids off it for 2 - 3 days, other adult flu like symptoms for a few days.

I kept on top with paracetamol and ibuprofen and made sure I ate and drank plenty eve though I didn't want to.

Hope it's mild for you.

Reactions: 8
I'm unvaccinated and had covid back in April 2021...my son who is asthmatic also had covid back in March 2021, he is also unvaccinated .....we were both fine rested at home with it, my symptoms were really sore throat, lost my smell and taste for just over 3 weeks and had a few aches on legs and butt, my son was based more around his chest, he said after it was like a bad chest infection. Of course this virus has a different effect on each person, some have mild symptoms others not so much..... Just remember it has a very high survival rate, rest up, plenty of fluids and pain killers (that your safe to take) and if you need help get it, I'm sure you will be fine, look after yourself 😊

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.