COVID-19 vaccine #10 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cannot understand why so many people comply with all this madness.

I had covid in July and only did an LFT.

2 out of 3 kids tested positive via a PCR, I only had them do a PCR for school and work. I didn't answer any calls from the track and trace in fact I blocked the number.

There was no way I was going on any Government list and I can't understand why people do. It's like some have turned into drones!

I'm unvaccinated
Exactly this!
I and all my family had co vid and isolated and we are all unvaccinated and I'm sorry (because it might offend some people) but stuff track and trace I also told my son to block it because really imo it's nobody's business! We have precious little freedom or rights as it is and I personally am sick of living in a surveillance state! So no even though my son had co vid (and the rest of us) no they can't have access to other family members people's details! I genuinely don't understand why people comply with this except out of fear and I don't think it's right!
We are responsible enough to manage our health thanks!
It's just an excuse to micro manage people (control) and I am not having it!
duck the nanny state we pay our taxes we are adults we (not the government) know what's best for us!
Sorry for the strong reaction but having co vid is bad enough (I still feel run down) without the added gaslighting/guilt trip that we will all somehow recklessly spread disease wherever we go!
If the government cared that much about our health then why are appointments delayed and other health issues (just as serious if not more so) such as cancer and heart disease and yes depression not given priority? This sucks frankly!
We are being led by the nose by a bunch of rich self serving sociopaths and for all I can see they care only about profit (to them) and not people so they can do one as far as I am concerned!
All they are doing is having a detrimental effect on people's health and I can't believe some people still believe this is about self guarding others or protecting the NHS? Really?
You have got to be kidding me! This is stretching credulity to its limits and it's about time more people stopped complying imo?
They can only get away with this if we let them and give consent and they are definitely not getting that from me!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Exactly this!
I and all my family had co vid and isolated and we are all unvaccinated and I'm sorry (because it might offend some people) but stuff track and trace I also told my son to block it because really imo it's nobody's business! We have precious little freedom or rights as it is and I personally am sick of living in a surveillance state! So no even though my son had co vid (and the rest of us) no they can't have access to other family members people's details! I genuinely don't understand why people comply with this except out of fear and I don't think it's right!
duck the nanny state we pay our taxes we are adults we (not the government) know what's best for us!
Sorry for the strong reaction but having co vid is bad enough (I still feel run down) without the added gaslighting/guilt trip that we will all somehow recklessly spread disease wherever we go!
If the government cared that much about our health then why are appointments delayed and other health issues (just as serious if not more so) such as cancer and heart disease and yes depression not given priority? This sucks frankly!
We are being led by the nose by a bunch of rich self serving sociopaths and for all I can see they care only about profit (to them) and not people so they can do one as far as I am concerned!
All they are doing is having a detrimental effect on people's health and I can't believe some people still believe this is about self guarding others or protecting the NHS? Really?
You have got to be kidding me! This is stretching credulity to its limits and it's about time more people stopped complying imo?
They can only get away with this if we let them and give consent and they are definitely not getting that from me!
👌👏 I agree 100 percent!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It's madness.
IVE had a bad cold and afterwards was told to take a test, first time I've ever been asked.
I just politely laughed and said no thanks it was a cold.
Just been told of triple jabbed couple who had triple vaccinated family to stay and made them take a test everyday.
People need help in getting back to normal.
Because that isn't normal.
Don't some vaccinated people even believe in the vaccines enough to have a normal outlook 🤷

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I hope it stays mild for you.

It’s resssuring to hear it’s mild for you. You don’t have to answer this but are you vaccinated ? I’ve heard it’s mild either way which is good, I hope that’s true.
I have covid atm - non vaccinated 35 year old. On day 7 and no symptoms. I coughed a few times in work the day before so they asked me to do a test otherwise I wouldn’t know. My only problem and complaint is boredom!!

I’m glad I’ve got a 6 month pass now though so I can go out for meals and to the theatre, every cloud has a silver lining.

Reactions: 9
I have covid atm - non vaccinated 35 year old. On day 7 and no symptoms. I coughed a few times in work the day before so they asked me to do a test otherwise I wouldn’t know. My only problem and complaint is boredom!!

I’m glad I’ve got a 6 month pass now though so I can go out for meals and to the theatre, every cloud has a silver lining.
Hope you feel better soon and have a BRILLIANT 6 months out and about! 🙌

• Heart

That’s good you’re not unwell with it.

My daughter was glad if the natural immunity too.

Reactions: 4
Evening all

I couldn't quote this from the last thread, but did I read correctly someone posted that the vaccine can cause deafness in some cases? Or have I got that confused?
It was one of my husbands colleagues has lost her hearing after her booster and her GP said it was a normal reaction to the vaccine that he had seen a few times

Also why are they calling them boosters when its just exactly the same vaccine as the first and second? Its just basically a third dose🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 11
It was one of my husbands colleagues has lost her hearing after her booster and her GP said it was a normal reaction to the vaccine that he had seen a few times

Also why are they calling them boosters when its just exactly the same vaccine as the first and second? Its just basically a third dose🤷🏼‍♀️
Because it gives a "boost" to the immune system, hence booster.

Because it gives a "boost" to the immune system, hence booster.
But its the exact same product as the first and second dose, so it’s a third dose yeah?
It’s more than likely another sneaky tactic to dress it up a little bit so it doesn’t seem like you’re taking more of the same tit that didn’t work the first two times.

Reactions: 12
[/QUOTE]

She’s a lovely person and I care for her, but she’s very anxious about covid and I’m very surprised she’s so against us not taking the booster and myself not vaccinated after how unwell she thinks the vaccine made made her. I hope I don’t sound like a bad friend, I’m not bad mouthing her I’m just expressing the anxiety our chats have caused me.

Thank you again x
[/QUOTE]

You don't sound like a bad friend at all, and from what you say I don't think your friend means too either. You are both dealing with fear and anxiety but have very different tolerance levels and coping mechanisms.

I know you haven't asked for advice, but I hope you don't mind me sharing a similar situation and what helped...

My partner is double vaccinated and had no hesitation in doing so, whereas right from the start I felt uncertain. I couldn't explain why, just that it was how I felt, and he couldn't understand that at all, he actually said at one point he thought I was "misguided for putting feelings above logic". That really hurt and we had a falling out over it, but I knew it was only because he cares for me and was concerned. Similarly, when I asked him why he was having the first vaccination, he was quite affronted by it, whereas I know that I was worried for him because I care.

We soon realised that neither of us was trying to be horrible and we were speaking out of love and fear, but that we weren't going to agree with one another. So we had to accept that we would make our own decisions based on what we thought/felt was right for us. It isn't easy at all, but it's much better than arguing about it! We now barely mention it to one another, or if one does, the other doesn't respond to it and we move the conversation one. E.g. he mentioned the booster not long ago, just in passing, and I was very much "oh okay" and moved on. Again, easier said than done I know, but it's something I've had to work on for my own mental health.

We had a similar issue around mental health actually, after I was really unwell with it. I'm very open about it and like to talk about feelings and what I'm learning as part of my recovery, but it was actually setting of his health anxiety. I found this so hard initially, I constantly felt like he didn't care when he changed the subject, until he explained how it impacted him. Obviously I felt awful, as did he, as naturally we want to be able to support one another. But sometimes no matter how much you love and care for someone, you aren't able to be the support they need.

Other than finding people/places I can speak openly about how I'm feeling, another thing that has helped me is draft emails and notes on my phone! It sounds silly, but sometimes just typing out the message as though I'm sending it is enough - I don't need a response, I just need to get it off my chest (I also find furiously typing quite therapeutic in itself!)

While it isn't a solution as such, this might be a way for you to implement some boundaries for yourself? Rather than responding to your friends messages with your own research or repeating how it's making you feel, type a response elsewhere and delete her message. You might find just not responding for a period of time is enough for her to get the message, or you might choose to ignore the subject and respond about what's on TV or something equally as "safe". I'd also suggest not sharing updates on you or your family in relation to vaccines with her, maybe keep those for us here ☺ The hardest part I think is managing how you react to certain messages, I have no tips here because I am very reactive and can easily dwell on something I've heard or read!

Sorry for the essay! Remember nothing about this whole situation is easy for either of you. You can't be responsible for how someone else behaves, but you can and should protect your own mental health ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Tbh I am scared right now.

I do not want any jab. I had covid in the summer and was ill for a week but tbf I've felt worse with other illnesses.

I work in a secondary school and there was talk today that they are going to be pushing staff to get double jabbed because they do not want staff off isolating for ten days.

I am not anti vax by any means, I just do not want this particular vaccine. I am genuinely scared that this jab will compromise my healthy body and immune system. I had to leave the staff room today after an uncomfortable conversation between colleagues who were saying they'd been double jab. My silence probably implied I haven't had the jabs yet. It was horrible and I feel like I will be bullied in the future to get it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Exactly this!
Excellent post.
Just says it all for me

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think it's unfair to put pressure on your son in this way. At 19 years old he's an adult and so he should be free to make his own decisions.

I understand you're concerned about him as his mother -- what mother isn't concerned about their kids? -- but at some point you have to let go and allow him to lead his own life with his own decisions.

By the way, I'd be saying exactly the same if the situation were reversed -- i.e. if he was saying he didn't want the vaccine and you were applying pressure for him to have it.
Yet I have seen people posting that very thing and you haven't said a word.

As the poster has said her relative now has heart problems due to the vaccine, maybe she is worried it's genetic.
It's very clear they have anxiety over it all and her son and husband had their jabs because of her to protect her None of us not having the vaccine berated her at that time , nor would we its a personal family thing

. She is his mum and he still lives at home of course she is going to talk to him about her misgivings,its what a close family do. My son lives away from home and has 4 children I have not once spoken to him about his choices nor he mine but if he was a teen living at home that would be very different.

Exactly this!
Same,
Never downloaded track and trace, never tested when I got covid, my son tested as he was a key worker and got covid from work (he never had the track and trace app either)

They were ringing him at 4am and 5am when he had covid... Not to see if he was okay or needed medical assistance with this really deadly virus.

Nope they were ringing him at that time as he worked night-shift and they were checking to see if he was still in the house isolating. ... He told them to duck off as he was trying to sleep and rest they never rang back

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Really wish the gov would just spit it out what there end game is, instead of all this back and forth and faux health concern

Literally just wasting years of my life here

• Heart
Reactions: 22
My son and I had a chat on his lunch break today and he has agreed to wait to get his booster vaccine until he’s back from his holiday in the New Year. He said he still wants to get the booster but he is willing to wait until the New Year just so that I don’t get really worried while he’s away. He is going to Iceland for 6 days so I was really concerned about him having a vaccine are not being at home. I guess it’s something and I hope he changes his mind entirely but I doubt it.

I told my friend my son had decided to put his vaccine back and she basically disagreed with his decision. She disagreed with me being concerned even though I told her that my cousin had the heart side-effects and he is 34. Bit too close to home for me so of course I’m naturally concerned for my son. I told her that I’d read about people dying of heart attacks etc after the vaccine and she said it’s not many compared to how many people have heart side-effects from Covid. She said my son had more risk of getting seriously ill from Covid and having heart side-effects from that than he did from the vaccine. She said she has heard of many people my sons age (19) being seriously ill in hospital with Covid and it’s not just old people who get seriously ill.

She then said he should also take it to protect yme and if I can get the vaccine you should. She knows that I have medical trauma and I cannot get the vaccine for that reason and I have CFS and I’ve been housebound for 4 years so of course naturally I’m terrified of taking a vaccine incase it sets me back because in the last few months I have come on leaps and bounds . She has now scared me though that I will get Covid. She said it’s inevitable that everyone will get it now be m cause of omicron being so transmittable, so of course naturally now I’m really scared myself.

She said she’s heard of 7 year okds having Covid and never waking up again even though they had Covid mild. She said people die in their sleep after having a mild dose of Covid because it can affect the heart, she said you’ve got more chance of heart side-effects from Covid no matter how old you are than you do with the vaccine. She said she would happily give it to her 4 year old if she could.

She said I shouldn’t listen to people on groups or online because there’s a lot of scaremongering about the vaccine and it isn’t true. She is very pro vax and I respect that and I said to her so am I, all my children are vaccinated up-to-date with everything they’ve ever needed, the only thing I don’t want myself or my children to have is the Covid vaccine. She thinks I’m wrong for not vaccinating my younger children who are 16 and 17.

I have seen how Covid can affect a younger person. My daughter had Covid in September when she was nearly 16. She had it quite bad for somebody of her age and she still suffers from fatigue now and she gets palpitations and breathlessness sometimes when she walks upstairs, I need to get her into the doctor just to have this checked over because it’s something thats been happening recently, and now my friends made me worry my daughter could have a heart issue after having covid because she has these symptoms 😩 I still don’t want my daughter to have the vaccine and none of her friends have had it either. I’m hoping she has some natural immunity even against omicron.

I have been doing incredibly well for the past 4 months, my friend passed away in August and it gave me the push to try and recover from PTSD and CFS. I’ve been ill for 5 years and trauma led to me developing severe CFS/ME. I have been doing incredibly well and I will admit the stress over the last week with the media and people scaremongering it has led to me feeling a little bit like I want to close myself in my bedroom and not come out. It’s made me scared to be around my family again incase I catch something from them and my friend saying that everyone is going to get it and it’s going to be rife for the next week or 2, has frightened me to death. My husband is working from home but my sons work will not let him work from home this time round and he works in an office. So now I’m scared walking around my house again (I still am I won’t let myself be trapped away like CFS did to me for so long) and mixing with my family which isn’t fair because I’ve done 4 years of severe CFS. I’ve been doing a brain training/neuroplasticity programme that helps people to recover from CFS, Fibro etc I’ve worked really hard to get to where I am today.

Sorry this is so long I’m just feeling a little bit flat and scared . I told my friend that I love her and I respect her choices but we just have to agree to disagree. I am feeling low and anxious now though after our discussion.
Goodness me! You do not need friends like that. She says online forums are scaremongering but she’s literally terrified the life out you. This friend needs to pipe down 🤬 you do you. You discuss it with your family and do what is right for you not little Miss Overopinionated

Really wish the gov would just spit it out what there end game is, instead of all this back and forth and faux health concern

Literally just wasting years of my life here
I can tell you what their end game is; digital enslavement ID.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I remember last year I was a close contact when one of my mum friends tested positive after we went out for a coffee together. I was annoyed at the time that my phone number was handed over to track and trace without my consent as she had already let me know privately. At the time I had already decided to isolate anyway in case but I refused to hand over my contact details to track and trace and I never heard from them again. The other mum friend handed her details over to track and trace and they harassed her ringing her multiple times a day every day to make sure she was still isolating.

Reactions: 6
Unsure about whether I should have my booster or not tbh, I have asthma which i take steroids for, it’s controlled, had 2 AstraZeneca doses even though I’m 20…. Then it came out that young people shouldn’t have it, felt horrendous after my jabs, got covid after my second dose, had to go to hospital as my temp was so high I was confused, other than that very quick recovery and was fine. Sat here wondering if I should pass on this booster….

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.