• No

Votes: 228 46.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 101 20.8%
  • Already had it

Votes: 157 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do people want for the poll and I’ll add one. I don’t remember anyone suggesting anything last thread.

Javid's twitter's started up for the day.

I wonder what medical conditions he's concerned as sec of state for health and social care.

Covid,vaccines for covid, employing vaccinators for covid

Boris trying to tie vaccination rate to the job numbers now

Encouraging to see a record jump in employment and falling unemployment with today's jobs figures. Our incredible vaccine rollout is helping our economy recover. Please keep coming forward for your booster jabs and protect the progress we’ve made.

The rhetoric he's using is vomit inducing for the volunteers

Join the Jabs Army

Your country needs you to support the national booster effort

He's responsible for creating this "war"

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I've booked my booster mainly because I panicked with Javid and the bloody covid passes. I feel I'm over a barrel if I still want to go to events and places as I don't think it'll be long until I need it at the pub or kids party venues.

I'm not convinced I'll keep the appointment as I'll see how it plays out into the new year. I'm concerned as I now get intermittent numbness in my left arm as I'm convinced they hit something they shouldn't with my second one.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I would never get vaccinated just so I can go to the pub or a gig. No offence but I see this as being really weak and pretty much falling at the first hurdle. Men gave up their lives to fight in wars and we can’t handle giving up the pub and cafes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
I would never get vaccinated just so I can go to the pub or a gig. No offence but I see this as being really weak and pretty much falling at the first hurdle. Men gave up their lives to fight in wars and we can’t handle giving up the pub and cafes.
A-fkn-men 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I've booked my booster mainly because I panicked with Javid and the bloody covid passes. I feel I'm over a barrel if I still want to go to events and places as I don't think it'll be long until I need it at the pub or kids party venues.

I'm not convinced I'll keep the appointment as I'll see how it plays out into the new year. I'm concerned as I now get intermittent numbness in my left arm as I'm convinced they hit something they shouldn't with my second one.
If you are not having the booster for health concerns, I guess it depends what’s more important to you……compliance for short term gains or holding the line for the hope of longer term freedoms not being taken.
pits a tough road we will have ahead.

Reactions: 21
My nephew who is 9 has been unwell for about 6/8 weeks, I was discussing him with my sister this morning and I said I think you need to see a Dr. She says oh I don't think I'll get in they're not doing routine appointments are they? I said I think you need to ring them he's a kid!

How many people are going to be put off getting lumps and bumps checked out, it was hard enough to get people to check themselves before all this.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
My son and I had a chat on his lunch break today and he has agreed to wait to get his booster vaccine until he’s back from his holiday in the New Year. He said he still wants to get the booster but he is willing to wait until the New Year just so that I don’t get really worried while he’s away. He is going to Iceland for 6 days so I was really concerned about him having a vaccine are not being at home. I guess it’s something and I hope he changes his mind entirely but I doubt it.

I told my friend my son had decided to put his vaccine back and she basically disagreed with his decision. She disagreed with me being concerned even though I told her that my cousin had the heart side-effects and he is 34. Bit too close to home for me so of course I’m naturally concerned for my son. I told her that I’d read about people dying of heart attacks etc after the vaccine and she said it’s not many compared to how many people have heart side-effects from Covid. She said my son had more risk of getting seriously ill from Covid and having heart side-effects from that than he did from the vaccine. She said she has heard of many people my sons age (19) being seriously ill in hospital with Covid and it’s not just old people who get seriously ill.

She then said he should also take it to protect yme and if I can get the vaccine you should. She knows that I have medical trauma and I cannot get the vaccine for that reason and I have CFS and I’ve been housebound for 4 years so of course naturally I’m terrified of taking a vaccine incase it sets me back because in the last few months I have come on leaps and bounds . She has now scared me though that I will get Covid. She said it’s inevitable that everyone will get it now be m cause of omicron being so transmittable, so of course naturally now I’m really scared myself.

She said she’s heard of 7 year okds having Covid and never waking up again even though they had Covid mild. She said people die in their sleep after having a mild dose of Covid because it can affect the heart, she said you’ve got more chance of heart side-effects from Covid no matter how old you are than you do with the vaccine. She said she would happily give it to her 4 year old if she could.

She said I shouldn’t listen to people on groups or online because there’s a lot of scaremongering about the vaccine and it isn’t true. She is very pro vax and I respect that and I said to her so am I, all my children are vaccinated up-to-date with everything they’ve ever needed, the only thing I don’t want myself or my children to have is the Covid vaccine. She thinks I’m wrong for not vaccinating my younger children who are 16 and 17.

I have seen how Covid can affect a younger person. My daughter had Covid in September when she was nearly 16. She had it quite bad for somebody of her age and she still suffers from fatigue now and she gets palpitations and breathlessness sometimes when she walks upstairs, I need to get her into the doctor just to have this checked over because it’s something thats been happening recently, and now my friends made me worry my daughter could have a heart issue after having covid because she has these symptoms 😩 I still don’t want my daughter to have the vaccine and none of her friends have had it either. I’m hoping she has some natural immunity even against omicron.

I have been doing incredibly well for the past 4 months, my friend passed away in August and it gave me the push to try and recover from PTSD and CFS. I’ve been ill for 5 years and trauma led to me developing severe CFS/ME. I have been doing incredibly well and I will admit the stress over the last week with the media and people scaremongering it has led to me feeling a little bit like I want to close myself in my bedroom and not come out. It’s made me scared to be around my family again incase I catch something from them and my friend saying that everyone is going to get it and it’s going to be rife for the next week or 2, has frightened me to death. My husband is working from home but my sons work will not let him work from home this time round and he works in an office. So now I’m scared walking around my house again (I still am I won’t let myself be trapped away like CFS did to me for so long) and mixing with my family which isn’t fair because I’ve done 4 years of severe CFS. I’ve been doing a brain training/neuroplasticity programme that helps people to recover from CFS, Fibro etc I’ve worked really hard to get to where I am today.

Sorry this is so long I’m just feeling a little bit flat and scared . I told my friend that I love her and I respect her choices but we just have to agree to disagree. I am feeling low and anxious now though after our discussion.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I have seen how Covid can affect a younger person. My daughter had Covid in September when she was nearly 16. She had it quite bad for somebody of her age and she still suffers from fatigue now and she gets palpitations and breathlessness sometimes when she walks upstairs, I need to get her into the doctor just to have this checked over because it’s something thats been happening recently, and now my friends made me worry my daughter could have a heart issue after having covid because she has these symptoms 😩 I still don’t want my daughter to have the vaccine and none of her friends have had it either. I’m hoping she has some natural immunity even against omicron.
My best friend (age 30) has long covid and has been struggling with heart palpitations and breathlessness (among other things). She has been seen by medical professionals who say there is absolutely nothing wrong with her heart itself but she potentially has PoTS (post orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) as a result of the long covid. PoTS is basically when you sit down or stand up your body can't adjust your blood pressure correctly, so your heart has to beat faster to compensate. When did she have Covid? It's definitely worth trying to see someone as there are now a lot of long covid support groups and clinics out there that didn't exist a few months ago. My friend is on a trial rehab programme now and it's making a huge difference to her quality of life.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
She said she’s heard of 7 year okds having Covid and never waking up again even though they had Covid mild. She said people die in their sleep after having a mild dose of Covid because it can affect the heart, she said you’ve got more chance of heart side-effects from Covid no matter how old you are than you do with the vaccine. She said she would happily give it to her 4 year old if she could.
Firstly, this is not true, if seven year olds had caught covid and never woken up this would be worldwide, never-hear-the-end-of-it news, just look how they report on 1 death.
Secondly your friend said you need to stop reading scaremongering stories online when honestly she is the one scaremongering you with these false stories.
Lastly, she sounds insane. Happily vaccinate her 4 year old so she (an adult) can feel safer, worlds best mother right there. 😐

• Heart
Reactions: 38
My best friend (age 30) has long covid and has been struggling with heart palpitations and breathlessness (among other things). She has been seen by medical professionals who say there is absolutely nothing wrong with her heart itself but she potentially has PoTS (post orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) as a result of the long covid. PoTS is basically when you sit down or stand up your body can't adjust your blood pressure correctly, so your heart has to beat faster to compensate. When did she have Covid? It's definitely worth trying to see someone as there are now a lot of long covid support groups and clinics out there that didn't exist a few months ago. My friend is on a trial rehab programme now and it's making a huge difference to her quality of life.
Thank you. I have possible pots with cfs, I did think her symptoms sounded very similar to what I experience. I’ve never had it formally diagnosed but my GP said it sounds like pots when I’ve discussed it with her. I think my daughter has long covid and probably pots to a mild degree after covid. She had it at the beginning of September.

Firstly, this is not true, if seven year olds had caught covid and never woken up this would be worldwide, never-hear-the-end-of-it news, just look how they report on 1 death.
Secondly your friend said you need to stop reading scaremongering stories online when honestly she is the one scaremongering you with these false stories.
Lastly, she sounds insane. Happily vaccinate her 4 year old so she (an adult) can feel safer, worlds best mother right there. 😐
Thank you.

My friend is scared and I understand that, her son has asthma but I tried to resssure her he wouldn’t get covid severe but she disagrees, I respect her decisions and I’d not scare her whatever she decided but I am feeling more scared since our conversation I admit lol.

Reactions: 1
Sorry this is so long I’m just feeling a little bit flat and scared . I told my friend that I love her and I respect her choices but we just have to agree to disagree. I am feeling low and anxious now though after our discussion.
[/QUOTE]

Hi @ChineseAlan,

I'm really sorry you're experiencing this, but I have to say, this person doesn't sound like much of a friend to you right now 😔 It's very possible to disagree with someone without telling them so many horrible things as "fact". Regardless of whether she truly believes it or not, knowing your history and how the pandemic has affected your mental health, it's awful of her to say all of this to you. It also sounds as though she disregards your experiences, which is not only hurtful but also harmful.

I know this isn't helpful in any way, but I just wanted you to know that you don't have to listen to this, especially not from someone who claims to be your friend. I don't know you but I have read your experiences and believe your feelings are valid 🥰

Hope knowing you don't need to worry about your son's booster for a little while eases some of your anxiety and enables you to relax somewhat.

Sending lots of love xx

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I have POTs. I was diagnosed 12 years ago and after initial medication managed it through diet. Had it reasonably under-control for years then got what I suspect was Covid in February 2020. After 4 days in bed with what felt like flu my POTs symptoms increased massively, to the point that on a couple of occasions my husband wanted to call an ambulance as my heart rate was over 200 and causing me severe discomfort and pain (you could visibly see my heart pounding through my clothing) and I kept splitting my head open when I fainted. It took the best part of a year to get my symptoms back under control. It was horrible.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Hi @ChineseAlan,

I'm really sorry you're experiencing this, but I have to say, this person doesn't sound like much of a friend to you right now 😔 It's very possible to disagree with someone without telling them so many horrible things as "fact". Regardless of whether she truly believes it or not, knowing your history and how the pandemic has affected your mental health, it's awful of her to say all of this to you. It also sounds as though she disregards your experiences, which is not only hurtful but also harmful.

I know this isn't helpful in any way, but I just wanted you to know that you don't have to listen to this, especially not from someone who claims to be your friend. I don't know you but I have read your experiences and believe your feelings are valid 🥰

Hope knowing you don't need to worry about your son's booster for a little while eases some of your anxiety and enables you to relax somewhat.

Sending lots of love xx
[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply 🥰

I know, I love my friend dearly but I have told her I’ve in doing so incredibly well in the last 4 months and she’s been really proud of my progress. I then told her over the last week with what’s been in the news I found myself slipping a little bit again mentally when I’ve been doing so well and I said to her the other night I don’t want to talk about Covid I want to stay in my positive healing bubble, block it all out and just continue to stay as safe as we can. That evening she then told me that Boris was on the telly and doing an announcement and she then told me everything he said. I didn’t really want to get into the discussion so it’s hard because she’s anxious she wants to talk about it but I don’t want to talk about it because that’s what made my mental and physical health so much worse during the pandemic. My anxiety has been so much better in recent months and my physical health has slowly started to improve doing my recovery programme. I’ve been so happy.

Today I just told my friend that my son had decided to postpone his vaccination, I was really happy and relieved before he goes away on holiday and then she proceeded to tell me all of these scary facts. She told me the other evening that the vaccine protect you by 75% that you won’t even contract Covid it gives you that immunity so that you can’t get it. So this is why she thinks my son and husband should have their boosters to keep me safe at home. I told her that she was wrong with those numbers. She kept sending me texts about all these scary facts. Ok I sent some too with what i had read about the risks to young males and why I didn’t want my son to have his third dose.

I’m not going to discuss covid any more with her, she didn’t have her second vaccine due to side effects but is now having it as she’s afraid of omicron and I repeat her choice, I’d never tell her not to go. We just have to respect each others choices. I’m not anti vax, I’ve just seen my cousin vaccine injured and don’t want that for my son and husband. They’ve had 2 doses and I don’t want them to rush into a third so soon.

She’s a lovely person and I care for her, but she’s very anxious about covid and I’m very surprised she’s so against us not taking the booster and myself not vaccinated after how unwell she thinks the vaccine made made her. I hope I don’t sound like a bad friend, I’m not bad mouthing her I’m just expressing the anxiety our chats have caused me.

Thank you again x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.