COVID-19 vaccine #10 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you. I have possible pots with cfs, I did think her symptoms sounded very similar to what I experience. I’ve never had it formally diagnosed but my GP said it sounds like pots when I’ve discussed it with her. I think my daughter has long covid and probably pots to a mild degree after covid. She had it at the beginning of September.

Thank you.

My friend is scared and I understand that, her son has asthma but I tried to resssure her he wouldn’t get covid severe but she disagrees, I respect her decisions and I’d not scare her whatever she decided but I am feeling more scared since our conversation I admit lol.
Unfortunately the media scaremongering and lack of real data have caused a lot of people to lose all sense of perspective. Your friend is passing her irrational fears onto you. Out of order but normal form for 2021.
I remember where you said you lived(I used to live near) and a quick gov UK Google tells me that in your trust area there was one death within 28 days of testing with covid and 0 admitted to hospital and 16 in hospitals overall last week . Out of a lot of people!
Many of these will be elderly weak people.
The amount of children worldwide who have died with covid is minute.
I know you know all this unfortunately wall to wall ramping up of the fear and friends speaking pure bs can cause us all to wobble.

On a different note just seen an advert for save the children asking for help with buying cheap antibiotics to help save children needlessly dying from pneumonia.
I was struck dumb by the thought of all our healthy young people queuing up to get a 3rd dose of medicine ( to allow them to go places) they don't need and adding to someone's vast wealth while charities are begging for our money to buy cheap vital medicines 🤢

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I said to her the other night I don’t want to talk about Covid I want to stay in my positive healing bubble, block it all out and just continue to stay as safe as we can.
1.It's okay to implement boundaries to protect your mental health.
2.It's okay to put yourself first.

I'm sure she is a lovely woman, but what stands out for me is that she still didn't listen to you after you said you didn't want the covid talk.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Unfortunately the media scaremongering and lack of real data have caused a lot of people to lose all sense of perspective. Your friend is passing her irrational fears onto you. Out of order but normal form for 2021.
I remember where you said you lived and a quick gov UK Google tells me that in your trust area there was one death within 28 days of testing with covid and 0 admitted to hospital and 16 in hospitals overall last week . Out of a lot of people!
I know you know all this unfortunately wall to wall ramping up of the fear and friends speaking pure bs can cause us all to wobble.

On a different note just seen an advert for save the children asking for help with buying cheap antibiotics to help save children needlessly dying from pneumonia.
I was struck dumb by the thought of all our healthy young people queuing up to get a 3rd dose of medicine they don't need and adding to someone's vast wealth while charities are begging for our money to buy cheap vital medicines 🤢
Thank you, that’s reassuring to know.

Sadly yes it seems in 2021 everyone seems to have such strong opinions and they get very anxious so it’s projected onto others. Anxiety is a horrible thing and I know it’s hard when anxious to not discuss how afraid we are but I think if you know someone’s scared of covid and scared of the vaccine you have to be a little more delicate. My friend wants the vaccine after only having her first, she was afraid of her second. I respect her choice entirely and wouldn’t tell her not to have it or scare her. I think we all have to make our own choices and support eachother.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi @ChineseAlan,

I'm really sorry you're experiencing this, but I have to say, this person doesn't sound like much of a friend to you right now 😔 It's very possible to disagree with someone without telling them so many horrible things as "fact". Regardless of whether she truly believes it or not, knowing your history and how the pandemic has affected your mental health, it's awful of her to say all of this to you. It also sounds as though she disregards your experiences, which is not only hurtful but also harmful.

I know this isn't helpful in any way, but I just wanted you to know that you don't have to listen to this, especially not from someone who claims to be your friend. I don't know you but I have read your experiences and believe your feelings are valid 🥰

Hope knowing you don't need to worry about your son's booster for a little while eases some of your anxiety and enables you to relax somewhat.

Sending lots of love xx
Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply 🥰

I know, I love my friend dearly but I have told her I’ve in doing so incredibly well in the last 4 months and she’s been really proud of my progress. I then told her over the last week with what’s been in the news I found myself slipping a little bit again mentally when I’ve been doing so well and I said to her the other night I don’t want to talk about Covid I want to stay in my positive healing bubble, block it all out and just continue to stay as safe as we can. That evening she then told me that Boris was on the telly and doing an announcement and she then told me everything he said. I didn’t really want to get into the discussion so it’s hard because she’s anxious she wants to talk about it but I don’t want to talk about it because that’s what made my mental and physical health so much worse during the pandemic. My anxiety has been so much better in recent months and my physical health has slowly started to improve doing my recovery programme. I’ve been so happy.

Today I just told my friend that my son had decided to postpone his vaccination, I was really happy and relieved before he goes away on holiday and then she proceeded to tell me all of these scary facts. She told me the other evening that the vaccine protect you by 75% that you won’t even contract Covid it gives you that immunity so that you can’t get it. So this is why she thinks my son and husband should have their boosters to keep me safe at home. I told her that she was wrong with those numbers. She kept sending me texts about all these scary facts. Ok I sent some too with what i had read about the risks to young males and why I didn’t want my son to have his third dose.

I’m not going to discuss covid any more with her, she didn’t have her second vaccine due to side effects but is now having it as she’s afraid of omicron and I repeat her choice, I’d never tell her not to go. We just have to respect each others choices. I’m not anti vax, I’ve just seen my cousin vaccine injured and don’t want that for my son and husband. They’ve had 2 doses and I don’t want them to rush into a third so soon.

She’s a lovely person and I care for her, but she’s very anxious about covid and I’m very surprised she’s so against us not taking the booster and myself not vaccinated after how unwell she thinks the vaccine made made her. I hope I don’t sound like a bad friend, I’m not bad mouthing her I’m just expressing the anxiety our chats have caused me.

Thank you again x
[/QUOTE]

You need to take care of your own mental wellbeing .

You've told her that you don't want to discuss it any more.

If it were me and the person refused to respect that fact then I would cut off communication until that changed.

Reactions: 6
1.It's okay to implement boundaries to protect your mental health.
2.It's okay to put yourself first.

I'm sure she is a lovely woman, but what stands out for me is that she still didn't listen to you after you said you didn't want the covid talk.
Yes, I’ve said to her now I won’t discuss covid again or vaccines. My sons holding fire on his vaccine now so I feel much calmer about that. If my friend wants to have her second dose I support her decision entirely. We all have to do what’s best for ourselves.

Thank you for your reply 💜

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply 🥰

I know, I love my friend dearly but I have told her I’ve in doing so incredibly well in the last 4 months and she’s been really proud of my progress. I then told her over the last week with what’s been in the news I found myself slipping a little bit again mentally when I’ve been doing so well and I said to her the other night I don’t want to talk about Covid I want to stay in my positive healing bubble, block it all out and just continue to stay as safe as we can. That evening she then told me that Boris was on the telly and doing an announcement and she then told me everything he said. I didn’t really want to get into the discussion so it’s hard because she’s anxious she wants to talk about it but I don’t want to talk about it because that’s what made my mental and physical health so much worse during the pandemic. My anxiety has been so much better in recent months and my physical health has slowly started to improve doing my recovery programme. I’ve been so happy.

Today I just told my friend that my son had decided to postpone his vaccination, I was really happy and relieved before he goes away on holiday and then she proceeded to tell me all of these scary facts. She told me the other evening that the vaccine protect you by 75% that you won’t even contract Covid it gives you that immunity so that you can’t get it. So this is why she thinks my son and husband should have their boosters to keep me safe at home. I told her that she was wrong with those numbers. She kept sending me texts about all these scary facts. Ok I sent some too with what i had read about the risks to young males and why I didn’t want my son to have his third dose.

I’m not going to discuss covid any more with her, she didn’t have her second vaccine due to side effects but is now having it as she’s afraid of omicron and I repeat her choice, I’d never tell her not to go. We just have to respect each others choices. I’m not anti vax, I’ve just seen my cousin vaccine injured and don’t want that for my son and husband. They’ve had 2 doses and I don’t want them to rush into a third so soon.

She’s a lovely person and I care for her, but she’s very anxious about covid and I’m very surprised she’s so against us not taking the booster and myself not vaccinated after how unwell she thinks the vaccine made made her. I hope I don’t sound like a bad friend, I’m not bad mouthing her I’m just expressing the anxiety our chats have caused me.

Thank you again x

If it were me and the person refused to respect that fact then I would cut off communication until that changed.
[/QUOTE]
Definitely, the pandemic made my anxiety so severe as it did for many of us. Which impacted my chronic illness. I’ve come a long way and don’t want to go back down the hole of covid and fear. I know it’s hard right now with what’s going on as it’s everywhere but I have told my friend now that we won’t discuss covid and move on: she said she wasn’t rowing with me she just wants what’s best for me. I appreciate that but the chats made me feel scared for myself not being vaccinated and I am now thinking it’s inevitable I’ll get covid this winter and be seriously ill as she said omicron isn’t mild. So time to get back my positive happy bubble and ignore all of that 😀

Yes, I’ve said to her now I won’t discuss covid again or vaccines. My sons holding fire on his vaccine now so I feel much calmer about that. If my friend wants to have her second dose I support her decision entirely. We all have to do what’s best for ourselves.

Thank you for your reply 💜

Definitely, the pandemic made my anxiety so severe as it did for many of us. Which impacted my chronic illness. I’ve come a long way and don’t want to go back down the hole of covid and fear. I know it’s hard right now with what’s going on as it’s everywhere but I have told my friend now that we won’t discuss covid and move on: she said she wasn’t rowing with me she just wants what’s best for me. I appreciate that but the chats made me feel scared for myself not being vaccinated and I am now thinking it’s inevitable I’ll get covid this winter and be seriously ill as she said omicron isn’t mild. So time to get back my positive happy bubble and ignore all of that 😀
[/QUOTE]

She's not thinking about what's best for you

Her behaviour is all about her.

It's sounds like a one street.

You are sympathetic towards her and respect her decisions but she's not showing you the same respect.

I've experienced people like this before , they are toxic

Hopefully she will come around and realize this.

I've cut people out of my life for this type of behaviour after giving them many chances

Reactions: 5
I remember where you said you lived(I used to live near) and a quick gov UK Google tells me that in your trust area there was one death within 28 days of testing with covid and 0 admitted to hospital and 16 in hospitals overall last week . Out of a lot of people!

I was struck dumb by the thought of all our healthy young people queuing up to get a 3rd dose of medicine ( to allow them to go places) they don't need and adding to someone's vast wealth while charities are begging for our money to buy cheap vital medicines 🤢
My husband and I walk 3 miles every morning before he goes to work, he works very long hours and we have 3 kids so are sometimes like ships in the night. It is supposed to be our catch up time.

However we mainly talk about Covid 🙄 and he said to me this morning I wish they would give me a choice;

1) have the vaccines/boosters
Or
2) donate the cost to a children's charity a third world country etc etc

It would be 2 everytime.

I actually think I have Omicron, my symptoms match up exactly.....either that or I've got a cold 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Evening all

I couldn't quote this from the last thread, but did I read correctly someone posted that the vaccine can cause deafness in some cases? Or have I got that confused?

She's not thinking about what's best for you

Her behaviour is all about her.

It's sounds like a one street.

You are sympathetic towards her and respect her decisions but she's not showing you the same respect.

I've experienced people like this before , they are toxic

Hopefully she will come around and realize this.

I've cut people out of my life for this type of behaviour after giving them many chances
[/QUOTE]
Thank you.

I am very sympathetic I know, she has been through a lot the last few years so I feel she is just very anxious and afraid of death as she lost her sister very young to a sudden heart attack. I know she’s extremely anxious about health but yes it hasn’t helped me the last few days worrying about my son having his booster which I think is pretty warranted.

I will have boundaries in place now about covid chats because I have to think what’s best for my physical health recovery and anxiety. Thank you 😊

Last edited:
Eva Vlaardingerbroek (I think that's her name) has posted a video of herself outside in Vienna, saying that by being outside, breathing in the fresh air, this is a crime and she is breaking the law due to being unvaccinated. Its just all bloody nuts tbh

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I have a cold too or as we like to call it now ‘symptoms’ 😂
I have mild cold symptoms but have tested positive for covid 🤦🏼‍♀️

Said on the main covid thread, I only tested as the tests were on my desk and to prove to my husband I hadn't caught it at my works party, but that has backfired!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Funny that a so called deadly disease can be mistaken for the common cold
Unless this gets worse (which touch wood it won't) this is the mildest cold I have had in years.

I had a cold in Feb 2020 and honestly felt like I was going to die. I was in agony and exhausted. Thus far I'm a bit snotty, tired and got a bit of a headache

Reactions: 14
If you are not having the booster for health concerns, I guess it depends what’s more important to you……compliance for short term gains or holding the line for the hope of longer term freedoms not being taken.
pits a tough road we will have ahead.
This what I am trying to keep in mind. I got double vaccinated because of feeling the pressure and I regret it. Not just cos it fucked me gynae wise for months but because I succumbed to the pressure. I won't do it again with the booster.

• Heart
I have a cold too or as we like to call it now ‘symptoms’ 😂
Hahahaha 😂 after how I've felt the past few days I thought I had it until I had a negative pcr on Sunday. I've felt absolutely rubbish and was kind of hoping I'd bought myself 180 days natural immunity.
Alas its just some crappy virus

I have mild cold symptoms but have tested positive for covid 🤦🏼‍♀️

Said on the main covid thread, I only tested as the tests were on my desk and to prove to my husband I hadn't caught it at my works party, but that has backfired!
I hope it stays mild for you.

It’s resssuring to hear it’s mild for you. You don’t have to answer this but are you vaccinated ? I’ve heard it’s mild either way which is good, I hope that’s true.

Reactions: 3
My son and I had a chat on his lunch break today and he has agreed to wait to get his booster vaccine until he’s back from his holiday in the New Year. He said he still wants to get the booster but he is willing to wait until the New Year just so that I don’t get really worried while he’s away. He is going to Iceland for 6 days so I was really concerned about him having a vaccine are not being at home. I guess it’s something and I hope he changes his mind entirely but I doubt it.

I told my friend my son had decided to put his vaccine back and she basically disagreed with his decision. She disagreed with me being concerned even though I told her that my cousin had the heart side-effects and he is 34. Bit too close to home for me so of course I’m naturally concerned for my son. I told her that I’d read about people dying of heart attacks etc after the vaccine and she said it’s not many compared to how many people have heart side-effects from Covid. She said my son had more risk of getting seriously ill from Covid and having heart side-effects from that than he did from the vaccine. She said she has heard of many people my sons age (19) being seriously ill in hospital with Covid and it’s not just old people who get seriously ill.

She then said he should also take it to protect yme and if I can get the vaccine you should. She knows that I have medical trauma and I cannot get the vaccine for that reason and I have CFS and I’ve been housebound for 4 years so of course naturally I’m terrified of taking a vaccine incase it sets me back because in the last few months I have come on leaps and bounds . She has now scared me though that I will get Covid. She said it’s inevitable that everyone will get it now be m cause of omicron being so transmittable, so of course naturally now I’m really scared myself.

She said she’s heard of 7 year okds having Covid and never waking up again even though they had Covid mild. She said people die in their sleep after having a mild dose of Covid because it can affect the heart, she said you’ve got more chance of heart side-effects from Covid no matter how old you are than you do with the vaccine. She said she would happily give it to her 4 year old if she could.

She said I shouldn’t listen to people on groups or online because there’s a lot of scaremongering about the vaccine and it isn’t true. She is very pro vax and I respect that and I said to her so am I, all my children are vaccinated up-to-date with everything they’ve ever needed, the only thing I don’t want myself or my children to have is the Covid vaccine. She thinks I’m wrong for not vaccinating my younger children who are 16 and 17.

I have seen how Covid can affect a younger person. My daughter had Covid in September when she was nearly 16. She had it quite bad for somebody of her age and she still suffers from fatigue now and she gets palpitations and breathlessness sometimes when she walks upstairs, I need to get her into the doctor just to have this checked over because it’s something thats been happening recently, and now my friends made me worry my daughter could have a heart issue after having covid because she has these symptoms 😩 I still don’t want my daughter to have the vaccine and none of her friends have had it either. I’m hoping she has some natural immunity even against omicron.

I have been doing incredibly well for the past 4 months, my friend passed away in August and it gave me the push to try and recover from PTSD and CFS. I’ve been ill for 5 years and trauma led to me developing severe CFS/ME. I have been doing incredibly well and I will admit the stress over the last week with the media and people scaremongering it has led to me feeling a little bit like I want to close myself in my bedroom and not come out. It’s made me scared to be around my family again incase I catch something from them and my friend saying that everyone is going to get it and it’s going to be rife for the next week or 2, has frightened me to death. My husband is working from home but my sons work will not let him work from home this time round and he works in an office. So now I’m scared walking around my house again (I still am I won’t let myself be trapped away like CFS did to me for so long) and mixing with my family which isn’t fair because I’ve done 4 years of severe CFS. I’ve been doing a brain training/neuroplasticity programme that helps people to recover from CFS, Fibro etc I’ve worked really hard to get to where I am today.

Sorry this is so long I’m just feeling a little bit flat and scared . I told my friend that I love her and I respect her choices but we just have to agree to disagree. I am feeling low and anxious now though after our discussion.
I think it's unfair to put pressure on your son in this way. At 19 years old he's an adult and so he should be free to make his own decisions.

I understand you're concerned about him as his mother -- what mother isn't concerned about their kids? -- but at some point you have to let go and allow him to lead his own life with his own decisions.

By the way, I'd be saying exactly the same if the situation were reversed -- i.e. if he was saying he didn't want the vaccine and you were applying pressure for him to have it.

Reactions: 7
I hope it stays mild for you.

It’s resssuring to hear it’s mild for you. You don’t have to answer this but are you vaccinated ? I’ve heard it’s mild either way which is good, I hope that’s true.
I'm double jabbed. Booster was booked for next week but had to cancel that now and can't book until 4 weeks after positive test so will be in new year now.

Reactions: 3
I cannot understand why so many people comply with all this madness.

I had covid in July and only did an LFT.

2 out of 3 kids tested positive via a PCR at the same time, I only had them do a PCR for school and work. I didn't answer any calls from the track and trace in fact I blocked the number.

There was no way I was going on any Government list and I can't understand why people do. It's like some have turned into drones!

I'm unvaccinated

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.