Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mumz

VIP Member
Guys. I’m trying not to cry (happy tears)
My youngest is autistic. Was non verbal started talking. She’s almost 8 and still in nappies. Tonight in her sleep she’s taken her nappy off. She’s lay in bed. NO ACCIDENTS. She’s just woke me up and said “Where’s the potty”

I can’t even describe how long I’ve waited for this moment. Everyone involved with her (she has a major brain issue not just autism) said she may never ever be toilet trained. And she’s starting to show signs!!
---
She’s the youngest of three and was a major thing for me. As other two were dry by 2. But she’s never shown signs she was ready. Until now. I can’t believe it.
So happy for you, I have an 8yo grandchild with similar challenges, only in night time protection now but the day time dryness seemed to take forever, we still have the odd accident
Go celebrate with a nice hot cuppa and some biccies xx

A funny story from me today
My 3 yo little was playing with some sticks in the garden
He doesn’t sound his ‘S’ very well
He was running around the garden shouting
“Nanny nanny, look at my big dick”
Neighbours were having a bbq
Goodness knows what they were imagining

• Haha
Reactions: 1

beefcake40

VIP Member
It’s been a strange day for me……..
Last night I became overwhelmed with anxiety, think my sons upcoming CT scan next week is part of it, just praying his cancer is stable!
Then my middle child is doing some work experience this week with a family friend, dropping him off this morning just made me feel sickly and sad. Sickly because I was worried he wouldn’t like it as he is a typical teenager, doesn’t get up till midday, chills on his PC either gaming or watching Netflix/YouTube then heads out around 5:30pm to meet his mates. Here he is actually out, working and earning a wage this week, where has my baby gone 😢 Then the youngest he’s offering to do odd jobs to make a bit of money as he is jealous of his brother earning and knowing he’ll be purchasing trainers and clothes 😂 All day I felt so out of sorts and so sick even had to take myself to bed around 11:30am just to read and have a nap as I couldn’t shake the anxiety.
Anyhow tomorrow is a new day……got a lush family weekend planned and yeah, just felt I needed to tell you all.
Sending lots of hugs xxx

Sazza25

VIP Member
Guys. I’m trying not to cry (happy tears)
My youngest is autistic. Was non verbal started talking. She’s almost 8 and still in nappies. Tonight in her sleep she’s taken her nappy off. She’s lay in bed. NO ACCIDENTS. She’s just woke me up and said “Where’s the potty”

I can’t even describe how long I’ve waited for this moment. Everyone involved with her (she has a major brain issue not just autism) said she may never ever be toilet trained. And she’s starting to show signs!!
---
She’s the youngest of three and was a major thing for me. As other two were dry by 2. But she’s never shown signs she was ready. Until now. I can’t believe it.
I'm bawling at this 😭 well done little lady! 🩷

deli78

Chatty Member
My dog is dying. He’s four years old and usually fit as a fiddle, well looked after etc
He started having bad seizures yesterday, my daughter FaceTimed me in hysterics asking what should she do. It was just after 9am. She’d heard a banging and it was his head off the wall.
I jumped into my car and shot out of work but I work quite a distance away so called my sister and mom
The dropped everything, rushed around and took him straight to the vets, he will still fitting.
I got home in time to see the mess that was left behind and I didn’t know where to start.

the vets managed to stabilise him but it wasn’t good news. The tumours he had removed were cancer and his liver was shutting down

we were allowed to bring him home but told to prepare for the worst

it’s been a long night. Seizures and sickness etc

just waiting for our vets to open at 9am so we can take him up there. I can’t see us coming back with him.
Clock watching to 9am is horrendous, it’s like he’s on a death sentence

we are all truly devastated

I don’t want anyone to feel like they have to comment.
I just needed to get it out there.

im totally heartbroken. My mom, husband and now my dog have all had this fkn disease

it feels like one thing after another
Am so so sorry , its horrible clock watching for things like this. Just try to remember you gave him the best life he could have and he loves you for it. He'll always walk with you and your family. Remember him fondly and chat about him and things he done that stay in your memory..sending lots off love to you all ❤ ♥ 💕 xx

• Heart

Johnson1901

VIP Member
@Veilside I'm so sorry to hear this. 😢 my heart breaks for you all
My husband is just getting over cancer and It's an awful situation to be in, even more so when it's your child

You are in my thoughts xxz

Justnosing

Hi all, just an update…….
Still waiting on the type of cancer my son has, it is proving difficult to diagnose, so clearly no treatment plan can be put in place until we know exactly the type it is, two weeks today he had his biopsy taken.

And then I go and test positive for covid 😫 woke up yesterday feeling awful, went to work but completely broke down so had to leave. Put it down to feeling pants, due on my period, obvious anxiety over my son and being peri meno!
Went to be at 10 last night, tossed and turned till 2am, that’s when I realised I couldn’t smell my lavender essential oil in my diffuser I have on during the night. So got up and tested! So a sofa day for me, napping and catching up on Unforgotten. Plus my teenagers are home today due to the strikes, honestly it feels my heart so much having them all home with me.
So sorry you are going through this, must be like ripping your heart out every minute. And to be poorly yourself as well! Hope a day in the warm has at least made you feel a bit better in yourself ♥

mumz

VIP Member
@Veilside Sending lots of love, luck and positive energy for you, your son and your whole family.
I really cannot imagine how you feel right now, but please remember you’re not alone and a bit of all our hearts are with you x

Sketch

Roll on 4pm Sunday. Already told the husband what I want for tea. As it's going to be a late one getting home. 🏆? ⚽👍🏻

huggis

VIP Member
I like your thinking. And don't forget the crudités. I always make sure to balance it out with some crudités! I'm a health goddess! 😂

Saw your post on Aimless thread about the Welsh accent. Glad it's not just me! There's a podcast I listen to with a Welsh comedian (Elis James) and I swear I could listen to him read the bloody phone book. So soothing!

How are you keeping anyway, house blowing away aside? Are you making sure to take some time for yourself after your recent bereavement?
Welsh accents are so nice and soothing until someone says puddle or noodle and I can’t get enough! 🤣🤣

Things are starting to settle down a bit now, thank you so much for asking!! It’s been a bit difficult to adjust to an empty space in our family unit and because it was so sudden, we had an element of shock to deal with too. It was a young person too so I think the heartache in that itself can be tricky to get by but we are getting there, we are a good bunch for supporting one another and talking. I think it helps a great deal.

How are things with you? Are you doing good? ❤

Invisiblewriter

Chatty Member
Hey ladies

I’ve been for my blood review for menopause and they’re all normal so gp believes my depo is giving false hormone readings so I’ve got to come off that, go on progesterone only pill & have bloods redone in 6 weeks. She’s said once had the bloods redone if they come back ‘normal’ then she will still look at treatment as hormones fluctuate & all my symptoms are pointing to menopause and she’s pretty certain that it is. Hope all you ladies dealing with the same issues are being listened to and get the help needed x
It is well known the blood tests for menopause are flawed but Drs still use them to diagnose - you would need to have a blood test everyday for a couple of months to get a true reading
If you are struggling them go back and demand treatment now and say if you don't feel better after they then say you will be happy to look at other reasons for the way you are feeling
It makes me so 🤬 we are not taken seriously - we know our own bodies
Sorry rant over 🤣🤣

mmmbop123

Chatty Member
Same!! Ive just turned 45 and have been perimenopausal since I was about 37. The symptoms were getting too much. I went to the docs a couple of years ago and she said it sounded like menopause but because I was under 45 she would run tests just to rule anything else out. Low and behold, hormone levels confirmed menopause 🙄 my last 3 periods have been 8 months apart. I need to get to 12 months before I'm officially postmenopausal, so i need to make it to mid April. Knowing my luck, "Aunt Flo" (cringe) will make an appearance on April 1st so I'll have to start my countdown again 😭 having said that, post-menopause isn't meant to be any better. I'm finding the weight gain the worst to deal with. I dont eat huge amounts, walk the dog 3 times a day, go swimming, but the hormonal belly isn't shifting. If any of you have any tips or advice it would be more than welcome!! Xx
Can I ask about this? I’m 38 and I’ve been suffering terrible periods (which has never happened) the pain is excruciating and it’s either so heavy or none existent. My memory is pretty bad recently I always try to write things down I need to remember before I forget it, my moods are terrible up and down up and down. I was wondering about perimenopause as it’s all happened so sudden and it’s so different to how my hormones and period have been my whole life. I’m starting to dread my time of the month because it’s so so painful and debilitating

Sazza25

VIP Member
Morning!!
It’s funeral day today and I’ve been up since 4am. I’ll not be active today until much later but I hope you all have a happy Friday, straighten those witchy hats and if you haven’t washed your bum yet, wash your bum 🤣
Lots and lots and lots of love to you all ❤ and cuddles for everyone! 🤗🤗
Sending you a big hug ❤

mumz

VIP Member
My dog is dying. He’s four years old and usually fit as a fiddle, well looked after etc
He started having bad seizures yesterday, my daughter FaceTimed me in hysterics asking what should she do. It was just after 9am. She’d heard a banging and it was his head off the wall.
I jumped into my car and shot out of work but I work quite a distance away so called my sister and mom
The dropped everything, rushed around and took him straight to the vets, he will still fitting.
I got home in time to see the mess that was left behind and I didn’t know where to start.

the vets managed to stabilise him but it wasn’t good news. The tumours he had removed were cancer and his liver was shutting down

we were allowed to bring him home but told to prepare for the worst

it’s been a long night. Seizures and sickness etc

just waiting for our vets to open at 9am so we can take him up there. I can’t see us coming back with him.
Clock watching to 9am is horrendous, it’s like he’s on a death sentence

we are all truly devastated

I don’t want anyone to feel like they have to comment.
I just needed to get it out there.

im totally heartbroken. My mom, husband and now my dog have all had this fkn disease

it feels like one thing after another
Hugs and prayers x