Courtney Black

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had the app since June, as I needed something different to do, plus I HATE CARDIO, hate running, hate elliptical, hate the bike so I was shocked that I actually enjoyed her HIIT workouts, so I'm keeping it purely for those.
I did join the group but had to leave it within a week due to the ignorant people posting the same thing OVER AND OVER again, she needs to get some people who are actually into fitness to admin it, turn on post approval and not allow posts from the people being all "I've only ate 100 calories today and only done 4 workouts, am I going to get fat?" it's an extremely toxic diet culture.
Also, has anyone else noticed how (sweeping statement here) a lot of the "fitness influencers" are people who have had eating disorders in the past? Like being all into fitness and eating healthy all of the time is just a more socially acceptable eating disorder?
If I see one more post asking why their knees hurt when they’re not wearing trainers or asking what BCAA is I’ll scream 🤣 they need a moderator and an FAQs.

Reactions: 8
Yes definitely a lot of fitness influencers move from the 'traditional ED' to having an obsession with fitness. I think it's because of all the praise they get for their bodies which have muscle so they don't have a body that you would expect with someone struggling with an ED plus working out is seen as 'healthy' but starving yourself is hidden and shameful. I mean bikini competitions are basically glorified eating disorder contests with actual prizes and coaches! So many girls get into those thinking it's about fitness and they get so much attention and praise for it but have no idea that after they finish their competition they might find it incredibly psychologically damaging to gain weight again and that their hormones might be completely messed up!

Then you see these fitness influencers moving onto the USP of body confidence after they've finished their competitions! As someone who continues to work through food related issues I find it so upsetting that these girls get so many followers, sponsorships and ultimately money from selling a very damaging 'Fitness bikini girl' dream and then take no responsibility for the fact that young vulnerable girls have followed them and copied them when they turn round and say 'oh actually that was all bullshit and really unhealthy and I hated it just be happy with your curves now... buy my new book talking about this'

• Heart
Reactions: 7
there’s a girl on instagram called victoria.inspire currently getting ppls opinions on CB and it’s VERY interesting
I hadn't seen the "bra bulge" workout grid post, "bra bulge" mainly comes from wearing an ill fitting bra (band too big, cups to small so breast tissue escapes into the band and gives you "bulge") or is just your tail of spence? And surely as a trainer she knows you can't spot reduce? Irresponsible wording and advertising to her young / impressionable followers.

Reactions: 10
I hadn't seen the "bra bulge" workout grid post, "bra bulge" mainly comes from wearing an ill fitting bra (band too big, cups to small so breast tissue escapes into the band and gives you "bulge") or is just your tail of spence? And surely as a trainer she knows you can't spot reduce? Irresponsible wording and advertising to her young / impressionable followers.
i think she’s restricted/ deleting comments because a few had called her out and i can’t see any comments now

i think she’s restricted/ deleting comments because a few had called her out and i can’t see any comments now
edit: doesn’t matter, ive been blocked!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3

edit: doesn’t matter, ive been blocked!!!
They're still there just further down the thread, she's telling people to leave it because enough people have "jumped on her" and we should all "be kind".
she's really not handling the negative feedback well. From what I've seen this is the first batch of negative feedback she's receiving in her comments publicy?
The sign of a good influencer to me is someone who can take the negative with the positive, takes any criticism on board, reflects and acts appropriately, be it apologising, revising behaviour or standing by what they've done.

Reactions: 5
They're still there just further down the thread, she's telling people to leave it because enough people have "jumped on her" and we should all "be kind".
she's really not handling the negative feedback well. From what I've seen this is the first batch of negative feedback she's receiving in her comments publicy?
The sign of a good influencer to me is someone who can take the negative with the positive, takes any criticism on board, reflects and acts appropriately, be it apologising, revising behaviour or standing by what they've done.
ahh yeah i’ve seen them on my other account lol. i agree with everything you’ve said! i don’t agree with any message she’s put out, working out twice a day etc just not the one

Reactions: 2
I don’t get why she didn’t just do a story about it saying she knows she’s wrong and learnt from her mistake? Girl can’t admit defeat
Instead she posted a story of a pic that says ‘what Susie says of sally says more of susie than it does or sally’ basically saying that her followers saying bad things about her is worse than her doing toxic things

Plus the feedback I’ve seen wasn’t nasty just pointing out that bra fat it just bra fat! As a PT she should know that you can spot reduce fat unless you have lipo to target an area. A persons body will decide where it will take the fat from first (mine is usually the boobs and butt and the belly will stay forever!!!!)

Lucy Davis (gymshark athlete, banging bod) has done a big post on this too and Courtney has recently commented on her previous posts. Wonder if Courtney makes the connection 👀

Also she hashtagged the post thicker thighs save lives, a dig at Courtney's old tweets? 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Lucy Davis (gymshark athlete, banging bod) has done a big post on this too and Courtney has recently commented on her previous posts. Wonder if Courtney makes the connection 👀
I have so much respect for Lucy, she just keeps everything real and doesn't bang on every day about how she had an ED or she's a size xs 😂

Reactions: 6
I was trying to find a less dramatic sounding word to use but it’s the most suitable.
Her app, her group and her ethos are DANGEROUS.
She has 50k people signed up to the exact same fitness and diet plans with absolutely no 1-to-1 help and support from the ‘trainer’ who’s lining her pockets more and more by the day. Instead it’s the blind leading the blind in a massive Facebook group that she probably doesn’t even look on.

My friend is a member on her fitness group page and uses her app but she it has went from being a helpful and supportive place to being toxic and almost cult like.
Lots of people asking questions like how to cut extra calories from their diet, already eating 100s less calories than the app was giving them and looking to cut more out, panic and guilt for having a cheat meal or snack, panic about going out for a meal, and binge eating. From what she showed me it’s like a big community and there are lots of people giving out advice like it’s gospel. She sent me a screenshot where the advice given to a girl was “cut out breakfast and do an extra workout to burn all your calories for the day”.
Omg here for the tea!!! Yes

Reactions: 4

Also she hashtagged the post thicker thighs save lives, a dig at Courtney's old tweets? 😂
Lucy has also made comments before about how dangerous hiit workouts are every day yet Courtney alwaaaays fan girls on Lucy’s posts. Courtney is a beg

I used to do her workouts and found they were alright for losing weight (but I was eating better anyway) but can't face them anymore, unsubscribed yesterday but now all my friends are starting to do it 🙄.

I was seeing good results from heavy weights 2x week in the gym, 1 cheerleading session and attempting C25k which are all much more enjoyable and nowhere near as intense.

Yeah I’ve got to say I don’t do the hiits anymore, just the weight workouts. I cba flinging myself around and often can’t keep up because I have bad knees and struggle to get up off the floor 😂😂

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.