Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

latranla

Right you’re definitely making this up now, no one can be this embarrassing 🤣🤣

Wonder if you even actually drive 🤔 you’re probably sat typing away in your primark joggers while searching onthebeach for a maga holiday…
Lol I’m not just becoming completely honest I think too honest now … it’s getting to people , feel like I’ve pissed off aload of hardcore lefties or something. !

• Haha
Reactions: 1

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
No. I enjoy travelling to far flung destinations with my partner, it's one of my main hobbies, probably my biggest. If my partner was on minimum wage he likely couldn't afford to go with me so I'd have to strike a line through my hobby and get bored.

I own my home outright with my current partner. It's spacious and in a well off area. We are both in well paid jobs so had similar earning power to stump up cash and get a moderate sized mortgage which we've now paid off and we are both in our 30s. If my partner was on minimum wage I don't think all that would have been possible.

latranla

I’m not a snowflake. I just don’t have time for people who judge others and are arrogant snobs.

(I also love Ford focus’)
Good for you I just would not want to drive one personally
I think she's living a fantasy life in her head an it's gotten to the point that she doesn't know what she's saying, next the income will be 100k with a 2.6mill house an the husband will be the high earner an has a Bugatti La Voiture Noire 😂😂

Maybe stay off the celebrities IG accounts, although I don't even think some of them are as bad 😅

It's like when you are a child an tell people you are going marry a price, live in a castle, an have butlers an maids, most of us actually grow out of that by teenager years 😅
I think she's living a fantasy life in her head an it's gotten to the point that she doesn't know what she's saying, next the income will be 100k with a 2.6mill house an the husband will be the high earner an has a Bugatti La Voiture Noire 😂😂

Maybe stay off the celebrities IG accounts, although I don't even think some of them are as bad 😅

It's like when you are a child an tell people you are going marry a price, live in a castle, an have butlers an maids, most of us actually grow out of that by teenager years 😅

that’s not fantasy a lot of people live in 2 million pound homes around this part of bucks and have household staff ( not the Slough part of Bucks though 🤭)

• Sick

Lazarus

VIP Member
@latranla may I ask what your cultural heritage is, please? You don’t have to answer that, but thought I’d ask.
I have a few colleagues from Asian background who are almost identical in their outlook to what you describe. I’m not from that background so was interested if it’s a cultural thing. Sorry if that seems offensive, I promise you I don’t mean it that way.

Elles20

VIP Member
I wouldn't mind my partner earning less than me but I don't think I'd be ok with him earning minimum wage. I am reasonable with my money but admittedly I'm quite a spender in the sense that I'd happily go out for meals and don't budget too much. I'd like my partner to join me in everything I do without feeling broke all the time. At the same time I also don't earn enough to support two people.

I had an ex who was earning about £20k who used to not be able to afford anything I'd like to do such as going on holidays, one-off spa days, fine dining for celebrations, etc. I was only on about £28k at the time so not a lot but I was willing to pay for these luxuries whereas he wasn't. A lot of the time I had to pay for us both which was OK occasionally but I didn't earn enough to pay for him constantly. It got to the point where he expected me to pay for it though 🤦🏻‍♀️. Even for my birthday meal I decided to go to a cheap restaurant (£20 per head) knowing that he couldn't afford anything more and I had to pay for that too...🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️. I know most people are NOT like this, but needless to say we weren't compatible when it came to money. It has put me off being with someone who can't afford (or can afford but don't want to pay for) these things.

Sunlifeover50

VIP Member
Oh my god 😂

My DH has a good job. He grew up pretty poor, I with a fairly rich but very very tight dad. Until we hit our early 40s we spent very little because we wanted to save and invest having never had that safety net previously so whilst others around us were buying fancy cars etc and bending their flexible friend we were rocking our toyotas and primark pieces. We’re pretty financially secure now but I certainly don’t think it’s out of the realms of possibilities that we have to change our lifestyle so I never take it for granted. It’s been a rocky road at times as his job has caused numerous stresses on our relationship and he’s missed quite a lot of our children growing up as he’s away often.

I drive a very lovely fancy 4x4 now- that I’ve crashed into out gate post twice. The second time I was given a Ford Fiesta as a courtesy car. I loved that little thing and already said that’s what I’m having next. I couldn’t give a shit as long as it’s reliable 🤣 I have money to buy designer shoes and bags and do often treat myself but still love a primark shop and don’t think I’ll ever stop looking for a bargain.

I would probably struggle with a lack of ambition rather than a low salary personally. However my ideal partner would be one that is DIY proficient 😂 you can keep the Porsche that’s the holy grail 😂

latranla

so basically a discussion happened over there regarding ambition (as women who are childfree tend to be labelled as career women) and many of us commented how we just work to get paid and the OP of this thread commented referencing childcare costs and how working is harder.
Someone replied with the statistics of childcare costs and say she'd rather drop that money on holiday and a bunch of others replied saying they didn't want responsibility. OP then left another comment saying how everyone is different and how some people are happy earning 30k and driving a ford focus (which I really see nothing wrong with ngl) Not sure how it escalated to this tbh :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Again was just being honest, don’t care too much on what other people think or how they want to live - child free / earn 30k a year until their 50 etc … I’m just giving my opinion on how I like to live and was just curious to hear other peoples life goals …(btw I actually owned a Toyota as a first car !)

latranla

the thought of wearing primark and driving a focus give you anxiety? And you wouldn’t want to be with someone earning, what I consider a decent wage. But it’s all about the money. Not falling in love and being with someone because of them. But by what their bank balance says
Not all about the money but I do believe it’s an important factor in marriage or looking for a partner aswell as their goals , ambitions abs what kind of lifestyle they want to lead !

emm

VIP Member
No, I'm very ambitious and earn very well. If I was with someone who wasn't ambitious / wasn't earning the same or close to I would feel like there is an imbalance in the relationship. Imho, in relationships where there is a huge pay gap between partners, the one with the high salary usually has the leverage over the other and I wouldn't want someone to have that over me or have that over someone else. I would personally want to feel equal in terms of contributing to our lifestyle together. Just my 2p
Interesting, the only couples j nknow with big salary gaps are always the men earning more and usually couples with children so the woman does more childcare. Does anyone know any couples that do the opposite?

latranla

Tbh, I just think you're someone who wants that lifestyle and you live through the Instagrammers you follow.
95% of your posts on Tattle are questioning how someone can afford the things they show in their life. Or insisting that the people aren't as rich as they appear.
You're obsessed with other people's wealth and whether they're 'rich' or not 🤷🏻‍♀️

Just over a year ago you said you lived in a flat, now own some expensive house and your business was just starting up but within a year, you earn 50k after expenses.
Correct we lived in a flat which we now rent out and moved to a house and yes to the second point because I like conversations which revolve around money , wealth , life style goals and nice things ! Never once said I was rich ( whatever you all class as rich anyway) or claimed I could by a Ferrari so not sure where these comments are coming from asking me if I can afford a Ferrari or people banging on here about knowing people who are much richer than me .

latranla

I actually didn’t ask if you drove an Audi. I suggested you did. You didn’t need to tell me you drive a Porsche and had a Range Rover.
Please use some of your extensive wealth to invest in some English lessons. Your use of grammar is appalling.
I didn’t even think it was ‘ showy ‘saying I used to drive a Range and now a Porsche as they are quite common anyway, like someone else said and I just happen to like 4x4 cars now and find it hard to go back to something like my first car my Toyota !

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
Sorry, I have no idea! I’m wearing NL jeggings today. I buy my everyday leggings from Primark too (I like the £5 high waisted ones) I’m told that Sainsbury’s luxury leggings are excellent but they’re a bit more than £2.50!
Oooh I'm going to get a pair of these jeggings. I haven't worn jeggings in years but I had a pair from topshop which I absolutely lived in, i loved them that much :love:

HoGi

VIP Member
Interesting, the only couples j nknow with big salary gaps are always the men earning more and usually couples with children so the woman does more childcare. Does anyone know any couples that do the opposite?
The only couple I know where the woman was a much higher earner it ended in tears.

She was on about 40k plus overtime as project manager. He was self employed in a creative self employed role. Never earned enough to pay tax. He also wasn't ambitious so some days he would just stay in bed or smoke weed instead of making any money.

Ended with them splitting up and her paying him an agreed sum monthly to buy him out of the house.