Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
It is my worst nightmare. I'm sure the island is gorgeous and I'd go to the other areas but that part... no thank you 🤣
I love Majorca. The beaches are amazing, the sea is so blue. I went to Palma last year which is just up from Magaluf and it was a great holiday.

To be honest I went to Maga out of season and it wasn’t bad at all. Quite clean, nice beaches, didn’t see any drunks to be fair. Although this was 2012 and October time! It’s definitely not like they make it out to be 🤣

Reactions: 3

coriander

VIP Member
If it's temporary maybe, if it's forever a low wage job and he has no ambition to progress then no. I have a very good income and need someone who would be able to match my lifestyle. I don't want to have disagreements about money and I don't want to financially support anyone longterm.

Sunlifeover50

VIP Member
After re-reading it, I take it was a joke and she lives in a bigger house than a 400k house in Slough? 😂
Not me thinking that was an expensive house so the rest was true 🤣🤣
Yeah she was definitely taking the piss. Sure she didn’t mean any offence to those in the £350-450k bracket in the Slough area 😂

• Haha

latranla

Oh yes they’ve got to be decent respectful opinions! Not distasteful judgmental tripe about people shopping in bloody primark of all places 🤣

anyway I’m going to pack, nipping off to Maga in my jet later 🛩
View attachment 1973183
This the Porsche you speak of.
Porsche is the new Range Rover basic bitch car, you’ll see at least 5 a day on the road 🥱
Come back when you’re driving a Lamborghini or a Ferrari - something rare
Don’t have a desire for them high end cars.. my husband does though , I like 4x4s as it’s also easier as I have a baby!
---
It’s not getting to people, people are just embarrassed for you because no one can seriously be this embarrassing and vile in equal measures. What a vapid human being you sound.
Wow.

So keeping up with the Jones for you? Bucks isn't any fancier than pockets of elsewhere fwiw. Where I live one side of the street is Housing Association properties and the other is £1m+ houses. Same in London. I grew up in a 'ghetto' as many called it, but down the back roads, you had sought after £m+ houses owned by the rich. Location means fuck all.

A lot of people, working people, are receiving benefit top ups to survive the cost of living. Its really not an alien concept that they 'may even be on benefits'.
Again nothing wrong with so long as they are not Jeremy Kyle types who just can’t be bothered to work , I’m just saying I would not want to live like that as I like nice things and you don’t get nice things by not having money , I need at least 3 decent holidays a year to help me stay mentally sane all of which requires money and I’m not talking about a holiday to butlins or magaluf !

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2

ReginaPhalange4

VIP Member
Note to all: Let’s not pile on, best to ignore or change the subject.
😂😂😂 so long as you're happy and not hurting anyone, you do you Tanian!

Or you're a lazy skiving bastard like me...
Wait, do pence and the decimal point count as part of the 6 figures?

• Haha
  • Heart

latranla

Oh at the minute it is completely crazy isn’t it but I’d rather have someone boring and sensible with money but practical and earn a lot less than someone be a show off who is probably financed beyond belief to keep up with the jones’ no thanks.
I agree with the finance bit I can’t understand people who but Rolexes / cars on finance and clothes on Klarna !

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
It might have changed but Doctors Without Borders pays you something like £500 a month according to the last surgeon who had done it I spoke to a few years ago.

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Sitting on the floor to build a 3D bookend so went an put on my PRIMARK age 14 sweatpaints on (I refuse to pay adult prices when my short ass can fit in kids an they are the same things 😂) am sure OP would have a fit over relaxing with Primark bottoms on 😂 but I can say they are 10000% more comfy than any £500 designer bottoms

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I don't know the wage difference is the issue or the (perceived) difference in quality of life. There would probably be a lot of resentment if the highest earner felt like they had to fund the others lifestyle.

It also depends how high the other partners income is. Perhaps after deductions and outgoings there may be a similar amount of money l3ft.

I wouldn't want to be with someone I didn't feel compatible with . I wouldn't want to be with someone who was always working , especially if they had their own business and I felt like I came second to it.

People on minimum wage jobs often have a better work life balance

JodieGreen123

VIP Member
Hang on, the Porsche is easier because OP has a baby and needs the space? Is it a Cayenne? Am now thinking of Carmela Soprano…

• Haha

Tangerine Cat

VIP Member
I live in a traditionally low wage area so we’d be able to manage ok around here, although it would mean I would have to stay working.

It depends on where you live and what any potential mortgage repayment would be. You’d have to factor in going back to work if you chose to have kids too and childcare costs.

They may not be an ambitious person work wise but what are they like personally? I couldn’t respect someone who was also not ambitious to have a nice home or help in the home too.