Coronavirus issues - what are you cancelling, changing, buying?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We had a delivery of pasta and rice today, and despite me putting signs up everywhere stating 2 per customer, people were STILL so arrogant to think the rules didn't apply to them :rolleyes: One bloke had about 20 microwave rices in his trolley, for goodness sake. The good thing is, the till won't let more than two be scanned. The amount of pasta, rice, bleach, canned veg that was taken off people at the till is unreal. And then they have the nerve to abuse the checkout operators for it.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
We had a delivery of pasta and rice today, and despite me putting signs up everywhere stating 2 per customer, people were STILL so arrogant to think the rules didn't apply to them :rolleyes: One bloke had about 20 microwave rices in his trolley, for goodness sake. The good thing is, the till won't let more than two be scanned. The amount of pasta, rice, bleach, canned veg that was taken off people at the till is unreal. And then they have the nerve to abuse the checkout operators for it.
I feel so sorry for everyone working in a supermarket just now, everyday must feel like a nightmare.

Reactions: 10
Are closed food packages disinfected before they are but back on the shelf? The virus could be transmitted on these packets if infected people are touching them.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Coronavirus made me selfish...?

I am that bloody tired and drained from all this i am using my day off tomorrow to just sleep and be on my own. I usually spend my days off with my mum who is in her 70's but i am staying home as she is self isolating under government advice. If i go i would have to take 2 buses as i dont drive but i dont want to risk it. Yes i do bus it to work but i dont want to make extra journeys unless i can help it. But then that makes me feel selfish leaving my mum on her own....but she needs to stay in for her own safety and if i visited and have the virus but didnt realise and then she became sick i would never forgive myself EVER.....but then shes on her own.....but i cant afford to get sick......I am exhausted though and i feel selfish for thinking of myself!!!

Sorry if not making sense 😪😪😪😟😟🤪🤪😕😕

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Thank god I managed to nab a bottle of gin today 🤡 nothing else left anyway 😂

Coronavirus made me selfish...?

I am that bloody tired and drained from all this i am using my day off tomorrow to just sleep and be on my own. I usually spend my days off with my mum who is in her 70's but i am staying home as she is self isolating under government advice. If i go i would have to take 2 buses as i dont drive but i dont want to risk it. Yes i do bus it to work but i dont want to make extra journeys unless i can help it. But then that makes me feel selfish leaving my mum on her own....but she needs to stay in for her own safety and if i visited and have the virus but didnt realise and then she became sick i would never forgive myself EVER.....but then shes on her own.....but i cant afford to get sick......I am exhausted though and i feel selfish for thinking of myself!!!

Sorry if not making sense 😪😪😪😟😟🤪🤪😕😕
You’re totally making sense and definitely not being selfish, by not going to see your Mum you’re keeping her safe 💕 I genuinely think all the worry over this is making everyone exhausted 💤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My friend who works in Sainsbury’s has had shopping thrown at her face because the customer objected to the restrictions. Sorry if I already mentioned that up thread. She is the loveliest, hard working person and a grandmother. The supermarkets should give these morons a lifetime ban from their stores.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
My friend who works in Sainsbury’s has had shopping thrown at her face because the customer objected to the restrictions. Sorry if I already mentioned that up thread. She is the loveliest, hard working person and a grandmother. The supermarkets should give these morons a lifetime ban from their stores.
That is horrendous to hear, poor woman. I have seen crappy behaviour to worked in normal times so sadly am not surprised that people are rude now. I aleast make an effort to smile and be nice to cashiers and would call out that kind of behaviour if I saw it, I hope enough nice people help her through her day.

*Security should throw the put without being allowed to buy anything.

Reactions: 1
Why are people openly admitting they are stock piling? The government has said we are not going to run out of food. So why buy twice as much stuff as you normally would, your putting other people who are more vulnerable at risk because they can't get their usual stuff.

Why are people openly admitting they are stock piling? The government has said we are not going to run out of food. So why buy twice as much stuff as you normally would, your putting other people who are more vulnerable at risk because they can't get their usual stuff.
Personally I find it hard to believe that there aren’t already shortages (caused by previous stockpiling). My local supermarket has started closing earlier and opening later to give staff more time to put out stock. I was literally the first person in there today and they had zero stock of whole categories of items and very low stock of some other categories despite being supposedly freshly stocked up

Of course stockpiling is selfish and has caused these problems in the first place but right now, at least in my town, it’s becoming difficult to buy any amount of some items, and impossible to stockpile then. Hopefully once there’s more clarity, tighter supermarket restrictions in place, and lockdown begins, suppliers can catch up and that part of life will be back to normal

So the plan this year was to get new windows and doors and new kitchen.
But now? Everything is do uncertain, and how much longer will builders and others be able to continue?
I just don't know, not helped by hubby saying we should go ahead and get someone round for a quote?

But now? Everything is do uncertain, and how much longer will builders and others be able to continue?
I just don't know, not helped by hubby saying we should go ahead and get someone round for a quote?
My fiancé is a plasterer and there is definitely a lot of uncertainty for him at the moment. I would definitely still get a quote, if its an independent builder they might appreciate the work :)

I'm letting my house get a bit more messier then normal then it takes me longer to clean up. 😊

• Haha
I’ve stopped doing my shopping online in the hope that vulnerable people can use the slots instead.

I’ve stayed out of the supermarkets and shopped at the local greengrocers and butchers. The butchers was having to limit what people were buying - I must add that most people were happy with that and weren’t trying to stock pile, just buying what they normally do.

The local shop has hiked up the price of wine though! Didn’t stop me buying it 😂

We are in the process of buying and selling our house which is up in the air at the minute but trying not to think about it. I’m just grateful that the community where we currently live have shown how lovely they all are throughout this time, makes me sad to leave.

My fiancé is a plasterer and there is definitely a lot of uncertainty for him at the moment. I would definitely still get a quote, if its an independent builder they might appreciate the work :)
True, I'm guessing it will have to be subject to a long delay if either us or the Windowpeople have to isolate!

were still planning our extension, it’s booked in for July and so far still going ahead

Can I ask if anybody actually has any friends or family members who have Coronavirus?
No, and I don’t know anyone who knows anyone who has it!

Please remember to try your small local ‘corner shop’ or Spar etc rather than the big supermarkets. My local Spar was fully stocked with absolutely everything. It may cost a bit more but at least it’s stress free! The only thing they didn’t have was hand sanitizer but I think we can forget finding any of that for a long time!

No, and I don’t know anyone who knows anyone who has it!

Please remember to try your small local ‘corner shop’ or Spar etc rather than the big supermarkets. My local Spar was fully stocked with absolutely everything. It may cost a bit more but at least it’s stress free! The only thing they didn’t have was hand sanitizer but I think we can forget finding any of that for a long time!
I’d be interested in some kind of poll on this - how many people know people who actually have it. I have a few friends of friends or work acquaintances who have said that they feel like they may have had it but now feel fine (and obviously felt flu-like symptoms) but it all seems to be far removed.
Agree re using the smaller shops, greengrocers, butchers. Also, maybe eat less and think outside the box to cook recipes with food you don’t often buy? I’ve been going through our freezer stocks slowly and making batch cooked casseroles and curries etc. People should think outside the box a little more if you have the means and the brains!

Reactions: 2