Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they're killing people who are ill. They are incredibly cruel (the govt).
Yes given what we know about what the Chinese government has been doing to the Uyghurs and other ethnic Muslims for years simply for existing, this is not a stretch.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I don't think it's reached these proportions yet...
View attachment 80846
Doesn’t seasonal flu have something like an average 0.05 - 0.1% death rate? It’s also a known known. The concern with the novel coronavirus is it’s very new and very unknown. Death rate looking like 2%. Everything I’ve read from virologists and epidemiologists say it’s not super helpful to compare for a variety of reasons. For example in the numbers quoted above we don’t know if those young people had underlying (eg autoimmune disease) health problems.

Reactions: 1
Doesn’t seasonal flu have something like an average 0.05 - 0.1% death rate? It’s also a known known. The concern with the novel coronavirus is it’s very new and very unknown. Death rate looking like 2%. Everything I’ve read from virologists and epidemiologists say it’s not super helpful to compare for a variety of reasons. For example in the numbers quoted above we don’t know if those young people had underlying (eg autoimmune disease) health problems.
Exactly! and since it is an unknown if can mutate into something far more deadly

Reactions: 2
I work in the NHS and I'm not worried, there is too much scaremongering going on and a lot of irresponsible reporting in the media. Remember - sensationalist headlines sell newspapers and increase their revenue, they are in business to make money! As I said in a previous post, if you want cold hard facts from real, clinically trained and qualified, professionals rather than over-hyped hysteria from journalists consult the World Health Organisation's website.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Panicking isn’t going to help. But not worrying about an emerging infectious disease because it isn’t a significant risk here and now is foolish.

Dr Ian Mackay is a good source of info, he shared the article below

http://psandman.com/articles/Corona1.htm

My most fervent risk communication complaint at the moment is the tendency of many top officials in the U.S., Canada, and Europe to overemphasize the fact that the risk of the novel Wuhan coronavirus here and now is tiny – as if that meant that people should (or could!) wait to worry until the risk here and now got bigger. “No reason for alarm,” is bad science as well as bad risk communication. Officials and experts are alarmed already – reason enough for the public to gird up its loins as well.

Reactions: 1
Panicking isn’t going to help. But not worrying about an emerging infectious disease because it isn’t a significant risk here and now is foolish.

Dr Ian Mackay is a good source of info, he shared the article below

http://psandman.com/articles/Corona1.htm

My most fervent risk communication complaint at the moment is the tendency of many top officials in the U.S., Canada, and Europe to overemphasize the fact that the risk of the novel Wuhan coronavirus here and now is tiny – as if that meant that people should (or could!) wait to worry until the risk here and now got bigger. “No reason for alarm,” is bad science as well as bad risk communication. Officials and experts are alarmed already – reason enough for the public to gird up its loins as well.
Who is Dr Ian Mackay and what are his qualifications?

They have said it only affects the ill, elderly, ie the people more susceptible to flu. Thoughts on the doc who died from it? I'm assuming he was a relatively healthy young man?

Reactions: 2
They have said it only affects the ill, elderly, ie the people more susceptible to flu. Thoughts on the doc who died from it? I'm assuming he was a relatively healthy young man?
People with underlying illnesses....people they want to shut up.....🙈

Reactions: 5
I agree, unless the Dr didn’t sleep and was overworked he probably had a stress induced heart attack BUT I have a sneaky suspicion he was going to blow the whistle about what’s really going on and got eliminated

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I agree, unless the Dr didn’t sleep and was overworked he probably had a stress induced heart attack BUT I have a sneaky suspicion he was going to blow the whistle about what’s really going on and got eliminated
Yes, I think it's likely that they under treated him as punishment so he died from it...or they killed him off in a different way.

I wasn't much into the conspiracy of it at first...but do you think China could be doing this as a kind of genocide?

Reactions: 3
@bubbletea123 I don’t think they are doing it to reduce numbers. My theory is they have lied about how long it’s been about and maybe how dangerous it is. And now they’ve lost control and is trying to contain what they can.
Who really knows what goes on in China, this could all be much-ado-about nothing or wipe out half the planet. Who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Yes, I think it's likely that they under treated him as punishment so he died from it...or they killed him off in a different way.

I wasn't much into the conspiracy of it at first...but do you think China could be doing this as a kind of genocide?
Not genocide because who are they targeting? They openly conduct genocide in front of the worlds media and no is blinking so why hide this one behind the Coronavirus? They have been targeting, prisoning and torturing Uyghur Muslims to death for a good few years now and no one cares as bleeping horrible as it sounds.

I think they knew about this for a while but they lost control. We know how badly they censor everything over there so its no surprise if we're a few weeks behind and they cant hide putting a whole city under lockdown. I think as the virus is spreadable before symptoms show, they had no choice but to announce it as they cant control people if they're are no signs for a few weeks, they'll be long gone in another country hence why they needed to put a lock on it.
I do wonder how all these other countries are getting the cure though. Is that something countries buy off China or do they make their own? The NHS said they have one and is 100% sure it works and can combat the virus - how do they know this if we didn't have confirmed cases until last week unless China is giving out this info for free which I doubt.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.