Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
One minute I’m like why are people worried? The world can’t come to a standstill. The next I’m googling hazmat suits for me and the dogs 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Is anyone else more worried about the people they share their home with than being out in public with strangers?

My daughter and are getting seriously peed off with husband and son because the skanks will not wash their hands. Not when they've come home from work/college and travelled on public transport, not when they've been to the loo, not before they eat.

It's bad enough to live with as it is. One of the biggest rows my husband and I ever had was about him not washing his hands after going to the toilet. I was in the bedroom and heard every plop plop plop and then flush and then tap turned on for two seconds and then he left the bathroom🤢 And he had just come home from work on the bus so was germy anyway🤮 and he thinks a one second run under the tap and a shake dry counts as washing his hands. I asked him to wash his hands properly and he flew into an absolute rage because HE DID! yeah, "did" put water on them.

And our son "can't be bothered" and as he's now a strapping teenager, taller than me, there's not a lit I can do about it.

We've now run out of hand sanitiser and wipes and I've just got virus killing spray cleaners. I'm keeping door knobs and other places hands touch as clean as I can, and daughter and I are washing our hands a lot, but I cannot get over how selfish the two men in this house are. If I get this bloody Corona virus it will be imported into the home by one or both if these arrogant sods in my family.

Sorry. This post contains much more personal information than any of you needed to know, but I hate a lack of hygiene so much, esp now with this blooming new virus on the go! 😖

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

SkankHunt42

The line is getting steap.
25481520-0-image-a-108_1583246171832.jpg

Panicking helps nobody and causes extra harm due to stress, panic buying when it's not necessary and general anxiety all round.
You keep posting and make it sound like your superior and try to belittle people that have genuine concerns over a novel virus that experts in virology are very worried about. It's common sense your phone is the worst place and that's what everyone i know is cleaning the most after their hands. People buying a bit extra isn't panic buying, it makes sense now to do it and spread it out. If somewhere goes into lock down that is when shops will be stripped and it's helpful that some people are stocking up before a potential rush!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Yel

Chatty Member
Thank god peter andre hasn't caught it, twitter had me worried!
1583153801188.png

I'm a bit confused with how they can stimulate markets and cut interest rates, the economy has been on life support with near zero interest rates and not recovered since the last "downturn". I don't think there's anything much left in the war chest for countries like the UK.

I do like the Boris card though :D

boris-card.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 19

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
The comment about "not mixing" with an international flight doesn't sit right with me. Anyone on ANY flight could have it. I feel it a slippery slope. People are already facing more racist abuse because of this. In Russia, they are scoping out Asian people and interrogating them. It is dreadful.
A Chinese woman and her friend were beaten up by two men in Birmingham because "of that virus your lot have brought here"

Absolutely dispicable behaviour. I still can't believe two men thought this was ok.

• Angry
  • Sad

Delia Smith

VIP Member
The dire animal welfare standards in China is the main reason I have no desire to visit the country.

Sp20191

VIP Member
The thing that worries me the most is that we are having to rely on people having the common sense to stay quarantined....it’s hard enough getting people to wait 48hours after a sick bug let alone 2 weeks, I don’t trust people to do it tbh x

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Affiliatedlink

Chatty Member
Just for those of you who are now scared to use public transport buses,trains or go on that well deserved Easter holiday you’ve been so looking forward to I thought I’d let you know that since the beginning of January I’ve been on 14 long haul flights. Yesterday I took a flight to the US. That’s a lot of airports and thousands of people from all over the world in one place. I take sensible precautions mainly washing my hands (a lot) and i carry a small hand gel all the time. Looking around lots of other passengers seem to be doing the same. There are those that feel it’s necessary to wear a mask 😷 and if it makes you feel better then so be it.
When I’m out and about I don’t touch handrails, press lift buttons with my finger knuckles, push open doors with the back of my hand or body etc, I don’t touch my face whatsoever until I get a chance to give my hands a good wash. I can do no more than that and neither can you.

PoleStar

Chatty Member
I know I’m probably in the monitory but is anyone else generally not concerned? Just like I wasn’t with swine flu or SARS.
Yes, me! I work in the NHS and I have a good understanding of what goes on and how these things are handled. The press, especially the tabloids, are just generally fear mongering to sell more papers with their lurid headlines. I'm shocked at how many people seem to believe everything they read in the press, they really shouldn't - I think a lot if people just love a drama though. If people take sensible precautions, like washing their hands thoroughly, not touching their faces with unclean hands (that's how a lot of viruses are transmitted), catching coughs and sneezes in a tissue etc, then most people will be fine. If people want to use a hand sanitiser, make sure it is an alcohol gel as the alcohol penetrates the virus and kills it - anti-bacterial gels won't do so if they are not alcohol gel. I think a lot if people need to calm down and keep a sense of perspective - just be sensible, keep calm and carry on, the worst thing we can do is panic.

• Heart

Jamhead

VIP Member
Anything you've stockpiled that you dont end up using when this (hopefully) goes away in a few months can always been donated to the foodbank.

• Heart

leoladyxo

VIP Member
I am absolutely convinced that China aren’t being truthful about the number of cases and associated deaths.

Reactions: 15

Affiliatedlink

Chatty Member
Why is everyone feeling the need to stock up so much? There is half a dozen cases in the uk so far and they are quarantined, the one uk death was in Japan. There’s a lot of fear mongering on this forum as well as the tabloids and media as they need something to write about! I visited Asia during SARS and didn’t use a mask back then. I’m working in Japan next week and I will take sensible precautions and probably wear a mask as everyone else’s will be so I will look odd without but I will wash my hands plenty I always do! I’ve been to 5 countries in the last 3 months and not contracted anything. I’m not saying it won’t happen to me as it may well do but reading the posts on here you are going to be too scared to leave your own house! The majority of people who have contracted the virus don’t even know they had it as the symptoms have been mild. If you are elderly or have underlying problems then the risks are obviously higher.

Rlulu67

Considering almost everyone in China walks around with a facemask on too. ...
Having been to many parts of China this is not true... if anything the people have terrible public etiquette, spitting in the street, blowing their noses without a tissue, burping without covering their mouths ... no soap in public bathrooms... it’s easy to see how it has spread!

• Sick
  • Wow

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
It’s the perfect time for Budweiser and co to drop an offer.

20% off using code #NOCORONAS

• Haha

MrsGarcia

Chatty Member
We bought at least 2 week's worth and put it in the basement. We've always said we should have one as we are prone to bad snow storms.
I'm fairly sure we'd have at least a fortnight's worth of food with my usual shop. Half of me thinks it's crazy to panic buy but the other half knows damn well that I'll be adding a few extra tins to the trolley 😂

As much as it’s scaring me my kids would be the last I’d let get it unless I knew for sure there was no lasting damage so with you on that one!!

after me saying yesterday my supermarkets weren’taffected. I went to Asda this morning and the place looked like it had been ransacked. Security guard limiting hand soup and hand gel to two per person! We have 1 case in Scotland! I was slightly baffled lol loads of loo roll though! 😂😂
Funnily enough, loo roll is the one thing that I bought extra of last week. I can live off of cereal and beans but I'm not wiping my arse on newspaper 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14