Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuine question what happens to people who can’t afford to self isolate? I’ve currently comedown with cold-like symptoms, so has my son. I go on 4 buses a day taking him to his childminder.
I’m self employed, I live day to day, I buy food what I need for that day as that’s all I can afford. I can’t afford 2 weeks worth of food. I can’t shut my business for 2 weeks and have no income. I still have to pay my sons childminder (£200 a week) if he’s not even there. So how will I generate an income of 200+ a week if I am unable to work. I do claim universal credit but unfortunately this does not even cover my bills. I obviously don’t want to infect anybody but I need to survive as well.

also how do homeless people self isolate
I'm sure the Gov't will ensure you won't suffer …..they said they would help small businesses. There will be so many people in the same boat as you. If your Citizens Advice is still open, maybe a chat with them will reassure you. As for homeless people, there are "safe zones" being set up across the country where they can go to self isolate if required. Hope this helps a bit :)

Reactions: 1
I get it it’s sad but parents on fb moaning their kids won’t get a prom 🤯.
This really has made it easy to spot the thick and out of touch people, if they're considering that one of their biggest worries right now

Reactions: 11
Jeez! Tattle went down for me for a few mins and it nearly ended me! Never have I laughed / commiserated / tried to help out with so many strangers I will likely not get to meet, and it actually made me feel shock when the site dropped. This is such a lovely place to be, so thank you all so very much. :love:
* This post may or may not have been influenced by wine.
this is a lovely place, I agree. I’ve got a cup of tea but *chinks china*

Reactions: 6
Hi dont know if this had already been covered but if we go into "lockdown" what will actually happen.
What counties gave gone into lock down.
And what can/cannot do.
My partner is a mechanic for a main dealership.
If his work closes we will be on £97 a week as I'm currently on mat.
That wont make a dent in our Bill's never not taking into account our mortage. 😔
I'm British but live in the Czech republic. This is day 3 of lock down for us. We can actually go to the food shops and the bank, but here all coffee shops, restaurants, gyms, shopping centers etc are closed. Nothing over 30 people so no parties, sports stuff. Not tried it myself but a friend was told by a policeman that we also weren't allowed out past 8pm.

Reactions: 5
I'm British but live in the Czech republic. This is day 3 of lock down for us. We can actually go to the food shops and the bank, but here all coffee shops, restaurants, gyms, shopping centers etc are closed. Nothing over 30 people so no parties, sports stuff. Not tried it myself but a friend was told by a policeman that we also weren't allowed out past 8pm.
Ok thank you. Seems more leisure/entertainment. Still absolutely sucks if that's your line on work 😒 Stay safe ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
ive family in Italy too they are allowed to shops . they are taking it very seriously there
Yeah my cousins husband put up a post on facebook ranting about those trying to break the lockdown by going out unauthorised basically saying to wise up that they're doing nobody any favours

I'm also on mat leave this will be my first stat mat leave pay, husband is a hgv mechanic (main dealer) so will the lockdown apply to him? We also cant afford the stat sick pay of £97 a month aurghhh 😭
Fingers crossed they will be allowed to work. Seems so selfish when people are getting sick and fully losing their jobs. But cant help worry about our family.

I don’t really think there’s much we can do 😔 I didn’t end up calling again because it took hours last time for them to call back and she’s all tucked up in bed now. I’ll still be checking her temp but it’s a little lower now. Her cough has me worried more.
I wish this whole coronavirus happened before I was a parent 😂

I am glad however it didn’t happen a few years ago. If it had happened when my son was still here and going through His cancer treatment I think I would’ve been a huge ball of anxiety literally all the time 😔 seeing a lot of cancer parents in my groups really worrying about their little ones and it’s heartbreaking
It could be croup? I’m no expert and not medically trained but my son used to get fevers and this awful hacking cough all the time. I used to rub vicks vapour rub on his chest.

Try not to worry (difficult I know). If you are worried call 111 OR ring the GP and see if they can refer to the A&E xx

Hugs

Is it just in America where surge pricing is illegal? Or have i made that up entirely. Also how fecking weird - your username is my old nickname and socails
We have a local face group book that is asking for pictures and details of the establishments doing this so they can report them to trading standards

I'm sure the Gov't will ensure you won't suffer …..they said they would help small businesses. There will be so many people in the same boat as you. If your Citizens Advice is still open, maybe a chat with them will reassure you. As for homeless people, there are "safe zones" being set up across the country where they can go to self isolate if required. Hope this helps a bit :)
Yes but that help isn’t until April and I’m ill now

Jeez! Tattle went down for me for a few mins and it nearly ended me! Never have I laughed / commiserated / tried to help out with so many strangers I will likely not get to meet, and it actually made me feel shock when the site dropped. This is such a lovely place to be, so thank you all so very much. :love:
* This post may or may not have been influenced by wine.
Theres a topic in 'forum business' saying tattle will be having downtime today and might go off for 10 mins.

All my Facebook feed is, is people moaning, an people demanding to know where this £20 per child per week for food is coming from? 🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.