Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would think that's an essential job (if I understand you correctly - your husband is a mechanic?) so I assume he would be allowed to continue with it, providing he is in good health to do so, and not showing any symptoms. :) But he would be told about this either way if it came to a lockdown. :)
Yes mechanic. Not maniac, that's me right now.
Thank you for your reassuring advice. Stay safe and strong ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 3
If a nationwide lockdown happened, I wonder if schools would then be totally closed, or still open to staff and children of key workers?

I'm a secondary teacher and it sounds as though I'll be moved to different schools as and when needed. It's also been mentioned that schools will remain open throughout what would have been the Easter holidays for the children of key workers.

I'm not sure how the 'skeleton staff' idea is going to play out. A rota maybe. Or maybe it will just be the case that all teachers and school staff go to work as normal until they become ill or need to self isolate? As there will be such a high level of absence it will be a constant in/out of staff. I guess I'll find out when I go to work tomorrow.

Also - the underlying health conditions thing. How does this work? I'm asthmatic and asthma is on the list of conditions. My headteacher said today that some staff have had phonecalls (presumably from their GP) to say that they need to work from home because of pregnancy or health conditions so have been sent home. I've not had a phonecall. Is that because my asthma isn't considered a severe enough condition? Or do they not call people and it's up to me to request to work from home? Should I be working from home? Or not because I'm a 'key worker' so just have to carry on despite being asthmatic? As I'm sure that nurses etc with the listed health conditions will still have to go in to work? I'm not sure whether to mention it to my head. I wish the guidelines were clearer. I need to check with my GP really but I know they'll be so busy right now. Is anyone else in a similar position?

I thought I was burning up earlier, started panicking but hubby rightly pointed out it was the 2 glasses of red I had whilst cooking dinner 👀😂

Don't judge 🤦🏻‍♀️
He's on child duty tonight!
I’m jealous 😂
Single Mum so I’ve been good and haven’t touched the wine as sadly I’m always on child duty. But I have a cupboard full... very tempting.

Well I'm now officially home from Monday.

All schools closed as well as early years settings indefinitely. Unpaid too and no date for return to work can be given.

Weve been it expected to peak May and hopefully we can open before summer holidays, otherwise, who knows.

Anyone else thinking now the virus itself is the least of their worries as it's the impact on everything else from financial to mental?
Yes financial is a massive worry.

Emotions...i go from fearful of vulnerable family members becoming ill. Fearful of jobs being on the line.
To crying as im upset for my friend who is struggling to get baby milk and my mum who is elderly so self isolating and is feeling very lonely.
I then go to angry where i am like well tough if i can't pay my mortgage, council tax and all that jazz then the direct debits will be cancelled....take me to court how can i pay with zero funds if im on lockdown with no wages? Tell me the magic answer
Then i start laughing with husband and cracking jokes saying he farts and its covid9000 you dirty scruff 🤪🤪 and then its back the fearful, upset, angry......proper jekyl and hyde up in here tonight 😖🤪

Reactions: 4
I have accepted Statutory Sick Pay for my own safety. I’m one of the people that have to isolate for 12 weeks. I don’t feel safe to do anything else.

I don’t know how I am meant to feed myself. I don’t live near my family and my partner is going to have to self isolate with me to keep me safe. I can’t get a shopping slot until April and feel very frightened.

My friend got an email from her work that 15 redundancies are coming by 12pm tomorrow. That is half the company. It’s a scary time for everyone.
It was on the Secret Celeb Gossip thread just now - rumours of the army being deployed from Friday (apparently true) and also Prince Philip has died and it will be announced in the next couple of days.
Everything is just so bloody wierd right now. Who knows what is true any more.
Theres a rumour about Prince Philip every week 😅

Is anyone else always playing a game of “do I have coronavirus or has my health anxiety given me psychological symptoms of coronavirus?”😖
I'm a huge sufferer of health anxiety but for some bizarre reason I still haven't thought I have it even though I've had a cough for 2.5 weeks but I think i'm reassured that mine is not a dry cough as I produce mucus and phlegm. I find it strange I haven't panicked over this when I panic constantly about other health problems I think I have.

Reactions: 7
I’m jealous 😂
Single Mum so I’ve been good and haven’t touched the wine as sadly I’m always on child duty. But I have a cupboard full... very tempting.
Ahhhh hats off to you sweets.
Hardest job in the world. ❤
Would say I'll have a glass for you but I'm rationing 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
What has the world come to, eh?

I’ve got a face mask on and a malteaser bunny. my husband got approx 9 (3 for £1) and said he was relieved the cashier didn’t say he was only allowed 2 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Can I ask something about the lockdown? I know in Spain they are still allowed to go to the supermarket. Will this be allowed for us? We don't have enough food for tomorrow as we didn't stock up and have been buying what we can daily.
You'll still be able to go shopping, in Spain they only allow one person to go.

Jeez! Tattle went down for me for a few mins and it nearly ended me! Never have I laughed / commiserated / tried to help out with so many strangers I will likely not get to meet, and it actually made me feel shock when the site dropped. This is such a lovely place to be, so thank you all so very much. :love:
* This post may or may not have been influenced by wine.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
If your insurance was in place before
Our insurance has confirmed it will cover cancellation if we've been advised not to go and can't travel. If the holiday company cancel, they will fully refund.

However if travel insurance was taken out after 11 March (when WHO declared a world pandemic) and any trip booked after the 17th March won't be covered by Insurance.
Amazing thanks! We have a full annual policy through the bank so I know we’re covered with them too

Genuine question what happens to people who can’t afford to self isolate? I’ve currently comedown with cold-like symptoms, so has my son. I go on 4 buses a day taking him to his childminder.
I’m self employed, I live day to day, I buy food what I need for that day as that’s all I can afford. I can’t afford 2 weeks worth of food. I can’t shut my business for 2 weeks and have no income. I still have to pay my sons childminder (£200 a week) if he’s not even there. So how will I generate an income of 200+ a week if I am unable to work. I do claim universal credit but unfortunately this does not even cover my bills. I obviously don’t want to infect anybody but I need to survive as well.

also how do homeless people self isolate

• Sad
Reactions: 3
If a nationwide lockdown happened, I wonder if schools would then be totally closed, or still open to staff and children of key workers?

I'm a secondary teacher and it sounds as though I'll be moved to different schools as and when needed. It's also been mentioned that schools will remain open throughout what would have been the Easter holidays for the children of key workers.

I'm not sure how the 'skeleton staff' idea is going to play out. A rota maybe. Or maybe it will just be the case that all teachers and school staff go to work as normal until they become ill or need to self isolate? As there will be such a high level of absence it will be a constant in/out of staff. I guess I'll find out when I go to work tomorrow.

Also - the underlying health conditions thing. How does this work? I'm asthmatic and asthma is on the list of conditions. My headteacher said today that some staff have had phonecalls (presumably from their GP) to say that they need to work from home because of pregnancy or health conditions so have been sent home. I've not had a phonecall. Is that because my asthma isn't considered a severe enough condition? Or do they not call people and it's up to me to request to work from home? Should I be working from home? Or not because I'm a 'key worker' so just have to carry on despite being asthmatic? As I'm sure that nurses etc with the listed health conditions will still have to go in to work? I'm not sure whether to mention it to my head. I wish the guidelines were clearer. I need to check with my GP really but I know they'll be so busy right now. Is anyone else in a similar position?
My OH is a TA and she was sent home yesterday for 12 weeks with asthma. She said they decided she needed to because her inhaler is steroids, she takes a preventer inhaler in the morning and her asthma has previously caused lung remodelisation. 🤷🏼‍♀️ My school haven’t sent anyone home with it as long as it’s managed

It’s still too much. 2 per person and you’ve got families of four buying 2 packs of 24 toilet rolls each etc.

people need to seriously get a bleeping grip. IF and I mean IF you run out of toilet roll,hop in the shower?!
They are doing the best they can. They are risking their own health, being abused by customers for telling them what they can can't buy, abused because they shelf's are empty. People are robbing the food bank trolly, the police have been called for numerous fights.

Reactions: 1
Absolute nightmare. I've got 5 weeks left unpaid mat. Luckily I work for government so hoping I will get more than the £97 however he is the main bread winner by a long way. Weve got over 2500 (inc 600 mortage) in out goings. Weve just used all our savings for a new kitchen which were still paying off 🤔 literally thought we would never be in this situation.
I'm panicking over it, however, touch wood were in good health. People have it alot worse.
I'm also on mat leave this will be my first stat mat leave pay, husband is a hgv mechanic (main dealer) so will the lockdown apply to him? We also cant afford the stat sick pay of £97 a month aurghhh 😭

Jeez! Tattle went down for me for a few mins and it nearly ended me! Never have I laughed / commiserated / tried to help out with so many strangers I will likely not get to meet, and it actually made me feel shock when the site dropped. This is such a lovely place to be, so thank you all so very much. :love:
* This post may or may not have been influenced by wine.
Omg! It was down here too. We can't lose Tattle. It's about the only thing still keeping me sane 🤯🤣

I get it it’s sad but parents on fb moaning their kids won’t get a prom 🤯.
Iv had the same woman on mines moan for 4 days straight her daughters birthday party "better not get cancelled", then it did. Now it's how unfair it is on her 3 year old and it's disgusting a business could do this to her. She's 3, she might be a bit upset but she'll probably also be well happy with a cake and fun in the house instead of people she doesn't even no coming because her mum thinks it's actually her party 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Yep. The private nursery my son goes to sent an email on Monday night saying they had no plans to close so far. But to me, I feel its only a matter of time. Aside from the fact I would have to either stop working or curtail my hours to look after my boy and therefore have less income or none, theres no way of knowing if we will still have to pay nursery fees! For eg if they close for a public holiday we still have to pay for that day. Makes me think I'll still get a hefty nursery fee even rhej hes home with me.

My family it italy say they are allowed to the supermarket once a week and they fill out a form to show it's for the weekly shop.
ive family in Italy too they are allowed to shops . they are taking it very seriously there

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.