Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Well I used to put a comment when the numbers had dropped from last week saying it was good but then someone had a problem with that too so I switched to a smiley.

The smiley is because the numbers have continued to drop and yenno... that’s a good thing? I’m not putting smiley because people have died. Obviously.

Sick of people picking at nothing. Put me on ignore if you’re triggered by an emoji.
I appreciate your posts with the numbers, it helps with balancing out some negative media posts and I would like to think most of us know that when you put a smiley on the end you’re saying the drop in numbers is good, not that people dying is good!

Reactions: 24

JLXRD

VIP Member
AZ offers limited protection on mild cases of covid... but remember you probably won’t end up in hospital and die. 😕
But you could still suffer long covid/after effects if you’re not protected by the SA strain and get infected?

very early and very limited studies but AZ are now saying you might need a third booster in autumn. What? Already!!
That’s pin cushion territory!

I’m glad my relatives are getting the Pfizer one right now,
although I do believe it will work itself out when more studies are done.
Wow where to start with this post!

AZ offers limited protection on mild cases of covid... but remember you probably won’t end up in hospital and die. 😕

You do realise they are only referring to the SA variant with this statement? The dominant variants in the UK it offers 76% protection against after one dose from mild to moderate jumping to nearly 100% after 2 spaced 8-12 weeks apart. Nearly all who receive it are protected from severe disease.

But you could still suffer long covid/after effects if you’re not protected by the SA strain and get infected?

Yes they have said it offers limited protection from mild to moderate disease, only in terms of the SA strain. However they are fairly sure it should protect against serious disease but used a group of healthy adults for testing who won’t get severe disease anyway...

very early and very limited studies but AZ are now saying you might need a third booster in autumn. What? Already!!
That’s pin cushion territory!

All jabs will likely need to be yearly and it makes sense for them to begin this every autumn so the most vulnerable are protected for the winter months, that’s not unique to AZ. The reason why they have called it out specifically is because for the jab in the autumn they should have modified it to fight the SA strain...

I’m glad my relatives are getting the Pfizer one right now,
although I do believe it will work itself out when more studies are done.

I mean this sounds a bit harsh to write a big worrying inflammatory statement about AZ and then be smug your relatives aren’t getting it when potentially lots of peoples here are? Glad you think it might all be fine though 🤨

• Heart
Reactions: 24
To the person on the last thread who preferred having table service in pubs- I agree and I’m glad I’m not the only one! I’m short and in busy pubs and bars when queuing I get overlooked by bar staff and sometimes knocked by other people in the queue 🥺🤣

Reactions: 23

Tublet83

VIP Member
I think people need to take all these articles with a pinch of salt - they are just trying to grab headlines and change their mind every half an hour.

Why is everything so focused on bloody pubs, what about gyms, hairdressers, museums etc 🤦‍♀️

Renata

VIP Member
Just heard a friend of my sisters in early 30s has been on a ventilator for a while. They are taking him off as he won’t make it. He survived cancer a few years ago.

• Sad
  • Wow

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
If they leaked the no alcohol story to guage public opinion then hopefully they will see it is a terrible idea.

Pubs and restaurants were barely breaking even on the alcohol with a meal thing let alone banning it.
Next they will be opening swimming pools without water and hairdressers with no scisors.

• Haha

thegirlscout

VIP Member
You matter, never forget that.

Get back in touch with your doctor, or another one at the surgery and tell them you need a better response than 'everyone is feeling like this'. If it's really bad, call 111 and they can help. Make sure to keep your appointment with your therapist in Tuesday.

Other options as well as Samaritans in the UK:

Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM)
Call 0800 58 58 58 – 5pm to midnight every day
Visit the webchat page

Papyrus – for people under 35
Call 0800 068 41 41 – 9am to midnight every day
Text 07860 039967
Email
[email protected]

Shout Crisis Text Line – for everyone

Text “SHOUT” to 85258

Some helpful information and resources are also avaliable here: https://www.rethink.org/advice-and-...about-symptoms/suicidal-thoughts-how-to-cope/
Hi lovely, I’ve never ever commented on any thread here before just usually lurk but I saw this and couldn’t not comment, as I don’t want to leave no reply and for something to happen overnight. I’m so sorry you had a response like that from your doctors, that’s awful and I hope your therapist gets back to you soon. In the meantime I’m not sure how this whole messaging thing works on here, but please feel free to message me and remember this is not forever, we will soon be out of this. What’s helped me is planning everything I intend on doing when restrictions allow, maybe you could make a list of everything you are going to do? Are there any friends/family you can speak to or maybe get out on a walk with tomorrow? Please don’t isolate yourself xx
Thank you for your kind messages. I’m really sorry, I’ve never posted something like this before but I was feeling so low and just wanted someone, anyone, to acknowledge my sadness. I’ve saved the numbers in my phone and I think I will write down a list of everything I want to do when restrictions allow, that’s a great tip.
I had some sleep and feel a bit less desperate now. Just had reached breaking point a few hours ago. I feel a bit embarrassed by my post, I’m sorry to anyone I upset. Much love to everyone ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Tublet83

VIP Member
I went to a works therapy session late last year, and basically they said to stop trying to plan and think about things that you can’t control.

Take things day by day and appreciate the things you can do.

So for me today I have loads of snow for sledging, a fridge full of food and snacks and Netflix is always here for me 😂❤

• Heart

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
At the moment it’s only certain groups who are receiving the vaccine, and I assume that a vast majority have taken it already (judging by the figures reported). Yeah, people have a personal responsibility to do what’s right for their own health, but the NHS wouldn’t be under so much pressure in the first place if the Government hadn’t taken it for granted over the years. The fact that an old man felt he had to walk around his yard to raise a substantial amount of money for the NHS speaks volumes.
The irony with the old man walking around his yard is that we are all staying home to protect the elderly (him) and vulnerable and he buggered off on holiday ( whilst I was sat at home!) . Won’t derail this thread as there is a specific Sir Tom one!
If we were all non drinking, non smoking, non drug taking, non excess calorie eating, non thrill seekers the NHS would be better placed. Or if the government protected the NHS a years ago we wouldn’t have seen the reality of the underfunding that we have witnesses in the last 12 months.

• Heart

Gossip2211

But the supermarket worker and teacher is exposed on a daily basis far more than someone working from home who has the choice to not go into the office?
As a supermarket worker it would be nice recognition of the fact we are putting ourselves in a very risky position to catch it everyday we are at work

• Heart

Meangirl815

VIP Member
I'm still feeling quite positive. The figures are going in the right direction, the vaccination program going really well, it's nearly half term so a break from homeschooling, and my husband made bread earlier so my house smells amazing 😍😍

• Heart

nbt

VIP Member
Well I used to put a comment when the numbers had dropped from last week saying it was good but then someone had a problem with that too so I switched to a smiley.

The smiley is because the numbers have continued to drop and yenno... that’s a good thing? I’m not putting smiley because people have died. Obviously.

Sick of people picking at nothing. Put me on ignore if you’re triggered by an emoji.
Some people will just pick for the sake of picking. Thank you for reporting these daily. Whilst I appreciate that any number of deaths is too many, it’s reassuring to see the numbers dropping. Hopefully means all of this is actually doing some good.

Reactions: 21

JLXRD

VIP Member
I really love how we went March to December 2020 with no mention of new variants and now in the last 2 months it’s all anyone bangs on about because they need some way to report more bad news now we have vaccines 🥴

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21