Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

idk2

VIP Member
I think the whole GCSE and secondary assessment system needs a complete overhaul. Rather than all the exams at the end, they could be assessed each term and all this used to calculate the final grade .

From my experiences , GCSE results aren't as important as we are led to believe at school.
I have to disagree on your last point. GCSE’s are very important and have always been. I did mine almost 10 years ago now and every single job I have applied for has asked if I have obtained at least 5 A-C grades incl maths and English. No one asks about A levels, it seems they were merely a very stressful two year stepping stone for university.

I feel like kids are assessed far too young for their GCSE’s. Personally feel like I was way too young to fully comprehend how important they were at 16 and didn’t work as hard as I do now or I did during my A Levels. Tbh the whole system is very flawed. But in this day and age, the bare minimum, school leavers are asked for is 5 A-C’s.

Reactions: 13

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
Hopefully it will mutate its way into a much weaker version of itself and not be a concern to us eventually.

Tublet83

VIP Member
Yep the media. I don’t know what to believe anymore. Sorry I’m not trying to bring the thread down I’m just at my lowest point with it all I think, I think I’m starting to feel very depressed, my anxiety is through the roof, struggling to get out of bed, the talk of the new variants is making me fear that this is never going to end 😔
Honestly just stop reading the media, they are scum scaremongering for a headline. Just switch it off, its all speculation xxx

• Heart

jazyblu

Chatty Member
same with schools, so much chatter that they won’t reopen until Sept then ultra conservative Nicola planning on reopening infant years and exam years at the end of the month but no one comments 😶
People just love those dramatic, overly negative speculations.

Schools won't go back this year!

Things will never be the same again!

We will never go abroad in future!

YAWN.
I'm always just like, okay see ya then! I'll be front of the queue at restaurants/bars/airports 😂

• Haha

JLXRD

VIP Member
Yep the media. I don’t know what to believe anymore. Sorry I’m not trying to bring the thread down I’m just at my lowest point with it all I think, I think I’m starting to feel very depressed, my anxiety is through the roof, struggling to get out of bed, the talk of the new variants is making me fear that this is never going to end 😔
I know what you mean, it’s hard. I was where you are a couple of weeks ago, to be honest the best thing was to avoid this thread, the tabloids and only check daily figures. Now I’m back to checking the thread but still no news other than BBC and daily figures, I also put people on ‘ignore’ on here if I find their posts are making me feel down. It’s really helped me as I can choose if I am up to reading those kinds of posts.

If you can try to just focus on each day a time that has helped me a lot too, trying not to look ahead. At least not until the 22nd when we get some sort of plan.

Hope you feel a bit better soon Gem as I know you are normally a bit more optimistic and you are always very supportive to others here 💖

• Heart

Jamhead

VIP Member
Same old, same old, I'm behind but I've just tuned in to watch the conference on catch up and holy moly, CHRIS WHITTY HAS A BLUE TIE ON!!!!! HE TOTALLY READS HERE 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

• Haha
  • Heart

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
A covid secure pub 🥴 surely a street party would be better 😂
Wait at the entrance in your mask, scan the QR, be taken to a table by a member of staff for table service and put the mask on whenever you leave your table. If it's nice weather you won't need the mask apart from going to the toilet as you'll be in the beer garden. It's one of the safest places to visit and our hospitality have suffered enough after wasting thousands on making their venues safe, only to be shut down this wasted the cash.

Moonstone

I keep reading about lockdowns everywhere in the world except the US, where I live, and I honestly don’t know what the solution is but I can tell you that the virus is out of control where I am and most people are refusing to even wear a mask on the grounds of ‘freedom’ :rolleyes: they’re free to do what they want, okay? Fuckers. Well, the area where I am has a positivity rate of 28-31% every god damn week meaning 28-31% of the people who get tested test positive for covid. So yayy us! At least we have our freedom, otherwise we’d really be screwed (sarcasm).

• Sad

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
I thought I would mention this here seeing as some of you have wondered how it works with new arrivals coming into the country:

I flew from Aus > UK on 27th Jan. I had a bit of paperwork (my visa in my passport, my visa acceptance letter, my negative COVID test, UK passenger locator, an exemption to leave Australia, paperwork for the airline)
This was all thoroughly checked in AUS before I left. What normally takes 10-20 mins checking in for a flight, took 2 hours per person. We were the only flight leaving that night. The authorities even called the AUS government to ensure I was ok to leave.

Fast forward to arriving in the UK > it was off the plane and straight through those eGATES. There was no checking any paperwork OR even my visa for that matter! I was truly shocked.

Now we are in day 6 (I think) of iso, not one call or visit from authorities to check if we are isolating.

To say I am shocked is an understatement.
And this is why we are a total joke. 😡

Causewaygal

Chatty Member
Northern Ireland ... my home and the country that neither the EU or the UK gives a shit about unless they can use it to piss each other off 🤬

• Sad
I think scientists and government are going to tread carefully with lifting restrictions too soon as numbers are still very high and those are numbers during lockdown - if we come out of it too quickly things could escalate.

JodieGreen123

VIP Member
I absolutely agree with all the comments about travel being what people live for. We usually do 6 trips abroad a year (2 adults working full time no kids, no other hobbies) and I'm not talking a week in the sun at an all inclusive (which I love by the way!) I'm talking properly exploring brand new places and travelling around when we get there without having to plan where we're staying in advance etc. and I just can't see us being able to do that again any time soon even when restrictions start to lift!

Don't get me wrong, I'll take a night next door right now as other people have said, but travel really is the reason I get up in the morning!

• Heart

mcfeez

VIP Member
It is so unimportant compared to what some have gone through or are going through but - are there others, like myself, who would be genuinely gutted at the prospect of no foreign travel for another year or two?

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
Same. Not like his coat is going to protect him from much anyway.
My gran would tell him he'd catch his death or get a kidney infection 😆. She always used to get onto me, especially when I'd go out in next to nothing.

I wish this was leading the news this morning! It was featured on newsround which I just watched with my son so I made a big song and dance of it. It is absolutely the best news we could hope for right now and makes me really hopeful that they may 'open' up properly sooner.
Im feeling hopeful. We've had news today that our number of covid positive mums has really dropped too, such a relief and a sense of some normality at work even though we still have a way to go

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Can someone please reassure me about the Oxford vaccine I am 30 years old and had it a week ago, I felt awful for a few days after and my leg muscles are still aching.... I’m hearing so many things about people having bad reactions to the Oxford one and not the Pfizer can someone please enlighten me a little 😕😫
I get the feeling from your posts you’re trying to scare others to be honest.
no offence and apologies if this isn’t the case, but you’re for sure trying to get you message out and you have been for about a month on various threads.
from fears about reactions, to fears about fertility, and then the *reaction* itself that you’ve discussed for over a week now

as suggests above please contact a health professional for advice. Xx

I have noticed you’ve posted a lot of stuff about your reaction to the vaccine. It’s probably best to consult your doctor because no one on here is going to be able to give you a medical opinion.
so glad I’m not alone on this!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Tublet83

VIP Member
Do we think another stricter lockdown is imminent?

Also the schools opening on 8th March doesn’t look too good now
No on both, rates are falling and I’ve been watching parliament live they are giving no indications schools return is delayed at the moment.

Tublet83

VIP Member
Trumps gone and the world seemed more mundane and sane, the EU seem to have taken his place 😬

2021 Vaccine Wars

• Haha