Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies
That's ok, I have edited my original post 😊

Regarding witches, yes, there are pros and cons to neutering before/after first season, some slightly outweigh the other, but generally so long as spayed before 2nd season (breed dependant) minimises most risks.

Evidence and research change, so always best to get most up to date evidence and a forward thinking practice, who change policies based on that, not just one who has a blanket policy that's been the same forever.

Sorry, back on topic now!

Reactions: 3
Opened a new four pack of water bottles from Chavsda earlier and it had a (used) blue disposable face mask in the empty space between the four bottles!

Need to get a picture of me holding it at arms length with my best Daily Mail Sad Face on, and see how much compo I can get.

Is this the future, free facemasks in our food :ROFLMAO: 😷

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Opened a new four pack of water bottles from Chavsda earlier and it had a (used) blue disposable face mask in the empty space between the four bottles!

Need to get a picture of me holding it at arms length with my best Daily Mail Sad Face on, and see how much compo I can get.

Is this the future, free facemasks in our food :ROFLMAO: 😷
Can’t stop giggling at the Daily Mail sad face 🤣

but all joking aside that’s very grim!

Reactions: 2
Around us, vets didn't "close", but we had to ring them when we arrived and wait in our cars until they come out to either return your dog or hand over their prescription.
My dentist reopened last summer and they keep messaging me asking if I want to go for a clean! Every month I get a text. Lol. I am not comfortable yet.

But isn’t reducing the risk of developing ovarian cancer or mammary cancer and reducing uterine infections surely a health need

I could be wrong but that’s why we got our dogs done . The oldest developed breast cancer so she got spayed to reduce the risk of other cancers and then when we got the younger puppy she got done straight away for those reason
Vets here have been open as normal this whole time. But we had to wait in the car while they took our dog inside. Now though, we are able to go in with him.

Reactions: 3
As a veterinary nurse, I find that a really frustrating comment. My practice isn't open for 'routine stuff', no booster vaccines, clip nails. We still won't let clients inside.

But the demand from our clients is still really high. They *want* to come in for their pets flea treatment (that could easily be posted), they *want* to get their pet neutered right now. A lot of them don't have the decency to wear a mask when we are chatting to them (yes it's outside, but we are less than 2m apart).

During the April, our daily demand for flea and wormers increased by approximately 40-50% compared to normal. This included requests from clients whose animals we hadn't seen for years (I spoke to one who we hadn't seen since 2015). It was just an excuse to leave the house. Many decided they didn't need it once we insisted they had to be posted.

ETA: I don't think I have explained this very well. My point was a direct response to the post I have quoted. That poster implies that vets/dentists have decided we are open and expect our clients to attend appointments ("now we've clicked our fingers"), whereas in reality it's the clients that are pushing demand wanting these appointments.
Perhaps the staff at our vets just come across as rather cocky . We had a text saying we could book in for boosters as they were able to provide the service in a covid secure way. I had a couple of reminders that my dog's boosters were over due. I then missed a phone call from them and the lady on the phone sounded quite arsy becauseI hadn'tyet made an appointment(perhaps her usual manner). They haven't took into consideration that I may at work during their opening hours or that I have my kids with me and it isn't advisable to take kids to the vets at the best of time. I also got the impression i wasn't allowed in and they would collect the dog from the door.

Similarly with the dentist, had a text saying check ups were overdue and that while schools were closed, they were prioritising school children to work through the backlog . No regards for the fact ( in my child's case) they are meant to be at home, available to be contacted by the school during the school day .

Healthcare businesses like dentist, vets and opticians are permitted to open to their clients during this lockdown but they don't seem to take too kindly to people declining appointments because they don't feel comfortable going yet despite the covid secure measures . That's what I meant in my original post.

Reactions: 8
Perhaps the staff at our vets just come across as rather cocky . We had a text saying we could book in for boosters as they were able to provide the service in a covid secure way. I had a couple of reminders that my dog's boosters were over due. I then missed a phone call from them and the lady on the phone sounded quite arsy becauseI hadn'tyet made an appointment(perhaps her usual manner). They haven't took into consideration that I may at work during their opening hours or that I have my kids with me and it isn't advisable to take kids to the vets at the best of time. I also got the impression i wasn't allowed in and they would collect the dog from the door.

Similarly with the dentist, had a text saying check ups were overdue and that while schools were closed, they were prioritising school children to work through the backlog . No regards for the fact ( in my child's case) they are meant to be at home, available to be contacted by the school during the school day .

Healthcare businesses like dentist, vets and opticians are permitted to open to their clients during this lockdown but they don't seem to take too kindly to people declining appointments because they don't feel comfortable going yet despite the covid secure measures . That's what I meant in my original post.
I see, thanks for clarifying 💙

My sister's vets are similar, being a bit pushy for vaccines (whilst her dog was being investigated for a possible tumour!).

Definitely not our experience that people don't feel comfortable coming for appointments, but maybe because they know they are still waiting outside. We still offer video consults for things that can be presented that way.

Reactions: 1
I see, thanks for clarifying 💙

My sister's vets are similar, being a bit pushy for vaccines (whilst her dog was being investigated for a possible tumour!).

Definitely not our experience that people don't feel comfortable coming for appointments, but maybe because they know they are still waiting outside. We still offer video consults for things that can be presented that way.
The vets I use has a large surgery , as a main base where they do the operations etc and a smaller local office where they do vaccines and check ups and minor things . I visit the smaller site as it is more local. I have only just considered that they reason they appear pushy is that they may be considering if it is financially feasible for them to keep the small site open .

Death figures are high again 😔
Still scarily high but we seem to be levelling 🙌

Surely end of March we should see a massive change in deaths as aren’t these first categories like over 80% of deaths

(I know that’s a while away)

Reactions: 5
Not really understanding how nhs staff don’t have a nhs number when you get this from birth or by registering with a gp . Seems a bit odd a nhs professional isn’t registered with a doctors
Could it be foreign workers? It’s doesn’t state the reason why.

Could it be foreign workers? It’s doesn’t state the reason why.
I know when we had a lot of phillipines nurses come over , they had to register with a gp for it to be part of the paperwork
Just seems odd that’s all

Reactions: 4
I said when we were sorted as we've got enough pre purchased for everyone here to have a handful each. Although people have suffered with the Pfizer one if you click the link to see the replies or search the hashtag...

Heard of a few people off sick after the pfizer one but everyone i know thats had it has been fine! Other then a sore arm.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.