Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is awful on everyone but singles struggle as we are losing a lot of time & the opportunity to meet someone.

It feels so wasteful,
I REALLY feel for single people... probably the most. How awful being isolated by yourself, and especially if you were hoping to meet someone for the long term.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Boris basically saying if new variants appear we have to keep living under restrictions.new variants of Covid will appear for years to come. There will be a Tattle variant announced at some point no doubt. We aren't getting out of this and back to normal life again. The press conference today made so called conspiracy theorists look more right.
They've always said that just some people didn't actually listen to the words ,they said it's something we'll have to live alongside the treatments and measures are to help us do that ,only now they're even in peril :cautious:

Reactions: 2
I just feel sad tonight. I've mentioned before about my mum been really ill and I just feel like I'm missing out on making these final memories with her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
In my department , about 30 have had it so far and nobody has reported for shift the day after the jab
Pattern seems to be fine the day you get it and then on the night it kicks on . Rigors, fevers , foggy head ,
My mum had the Pfizer vaccine, she is 2 days after it now and she has been tired and had swollen glands but that is all so far.

Reactions: 4
There will be a lot of pent up demand for the things that you want to do! I wouldn’t be surprised if your friends did still want to do the things you have listed. I know I certainly do and I’m 27 this year!

I don’t know where you’re based in the country but if you’re in Essex and want to make a new friend, I would meet you for a walk. 😇
I’m sure you’re right, I just panic every time another friend announces a pregnancy 😅 There’s a few of us still up for doing things but god knows how much longer this will go on for! I feel 33 is too old but I suppose you’re only as old as you feel?!

Aww unfortunately I am just about as far away as you can get from Essex (South Wales)! Otherwise I’d love to :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We’ve had a gig rearranged from October just gone to January 2022 today. I doubt we will go to any gigs or live shows again this year.

It feels like it’s never going to end.

Surely it will. It has to. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I definitely feel like I am close to the point of not giving a tit about it anymore but deep down I know that is not the right thing to do. Does anyone else feel like that??

Reactions: 18
In my department , about 30 have had it so far and nobody has reported for shift the day after the jab
Pattern seems to be fine the day you get it and then on the night it kicks on . Rigors, fevers , foggy head ,
I had the Pfizer yesterday and all I’ve had is a stiff arm - like I’ve done too many dumbell raises! I had the day off today anyway but would have gone to work. In my department a couple of people have had the next day off with a headache but majority have been fine. It seems to be affecting the older/middle aged women more, I don’t know why that would be necessarily.

Reactions: 6
Thanks for the heads up about that. I'll do welfare phone calls on Sunday night 👍

I definitely feel like I am close to the point of not giving a tit about it anymore but deep down I know that is not the right thing to do. Does anyone else feel like that??
Me, but I’ve only felt like that today. I feel like we are protecting everything but ourselves . Tomorrow is a new day.

My husband and I have actually had arguments due to this. As he is such a stickler, so he will say "it is very serious, we need to do the right thing" and STICK with that opinion. Whereas, I have that opinion but then sometimes say "this is stupid, duck it. the economy is dead, people are missing out on treatments/diagnostic testing etc, we need to reopen" (even though I know it isn't the wise thing) and he will get annoyed at how much I flip flop on opinion :(

• Heart
Reactions: 12
For a long time. It’s not a life, just an existence some days.

Reactions: 15
I had the Pfizer yesterday and all I’ve had is a stiff arm - like I’ve done too many dumbell raises! I had the day off today anyway but would have gone to work. In my department a couple of people have had the next day off with a headache but majority have been fine. It seems to be affecting the older/middle aged women more, I don’t know why that would be necessarily.
Haha, probably doesn't mix with the menopause!! 🤣🤣🤣 Which I'm going through so my menopausal brain fog and aching joints will probably not appreciate it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
My husband and I have actually had arguments due to this. As he is such a stickler, so he will say "it is very serious, we need to do the right thing" and STICK with that opinion. Whereas, I have that opinion but then sometimes say "this is stupid, duck it. the economy is dead, people are missing out on treatments/diagnostic testing etc, we need to reopen" (even though I know it isn't the wise thing) and he will get annoyed at how much I flip flop on opinion :(
I keep quoting myself but I don't know how we are meant to keep living like this??? It is getting to the point of actual insanity. How are people's businesses/jobs meant to survive? The two main airlines here in Canada are in very serious trouble, I won't be surprised if they go under. The govt are doing duck all to help - Trudeau has been a joke. Luckily, where I am, surgeries etc are still happening but I know that isn't the case everywhere and in summer they stopped them. I am feeling like a doomer, but I feel like at some point we just have to face the fact that it is around??? I know I am maybe not being rational right now but it is hard to be :(

• Sad
Reactions: 12
They want people to adhere to the rules, that’s why they’re being negative. The hospitals can’t cope so they use the regulations as a stick to beat people with. Death rates are still high but they will start to come down in a month and things will look better. They’re just waiting for the vaccine to start making a difference to the figures. Don’t lose hope, be quietly optimistic that this will get better

• Heart
Reactions: 16
They want people to adhere to the rules, that’s why they’re being negative. The hospitals can’t cope so they use the regulations as a stick to beat people with. Death rates are still high but they will start to come down in a month and things will look better. They’re just waiting for the vaccine to start making a difference to the figures. Don’t lose hope, be quietly optimistic that this will get better
But what the British PM says has a huge impact on the rest of the world. So now they are saying the new variant is more deadly, the Canadian government will hear that and react to it. It happened when the UK said the new variant is more contagious. It doesn't just affect the UK :(

I wish the government would release figures splitting those in hospital who are in because of covid and those who are in hospital with covid.
Saying there are X amount in hospital with covid is misleading especially if a large majority are in due to something else and either have no symptoms or only a slight cough.

Reactions: 13
We’ve had a gig rearranged from October just gone to January 2022 today. I doubt we will go to any gigs or live shows again this year.

It feels like it’s never going to end.

Surely it will. It has to. 😔
You never no , I went to 5 gigs last summer
So they may start again

Reactions: 3
There is no way this will last (life being like this) for 10 years. I think that’s ludicrous. There would be nothing left to come back to.

The news channels are beginning to show much more hospital footage this week than in previous weeks. I wonder if they are trying to restore the fear that we felt last year in the March lockdown.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.