Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m guessing the doctors aren’t acting - the footage is real.

So why the fear factor?

They seem intent on a longer lockdown which they shouldn’t be because things are changing daily.

Reactions: 9
I am not disputing that they aren’t coping.
However, the government are presenting the ‘amount in hospital’ figures as if every person is in there due gasping for breathe due to covid.
It may be that someone is in a renal ward due to kidney issues but so happens to test positive to covid, had they not had to the test they may have been completely unaware. The same as someone waiting surgery for a broken leg, a stent fitted, etc
They are in hospital with covid not because of covid.
It still doesn’t make a difference there’s obviously a reason the hospital’s are full I don’t think they’d put people in hospital without a need there must be data to back it up ,that’s what they base the lockdowns on .I thought they tested everyone on admission, they do here.

Reactions: 3
I’m guessing the doctors aren’t acting - the footage is real.
fully believe the NHS/HSE staff are working themselves to the bone,
but this all feels so forced, everything about it feels forced right now and i do think its having the opposite effect to what it’s designed to do,

Reactions: 11
It still doesn’t make a difference there’s obviously a reason the hospital’s are full I don’t think they’d put people in hospital without a need there must be data to back it up ,that’s what they base the lockdowns on .I thought they tested everyone on admission, they do here.
I don’t ever remember a time when hospitals weren’t over capacity. There certainly hasn’t been a feeling that the NHS has been in control for many many years.

Reactions: 9
There is a difference though.

Joe goes in with a broken leg, is tested as a precaution and is positive despite no symptoms. He spends a week in traction and is sent home. He is a "covid admission" for those 7 days when his covid wasn't treated at all while he was there.

Fred tests positive at home, 5 days later can't breathe and goes to hospital. He receives oxygen therapy and fluids while admitted for 5 days

Dave is in hospital with kidney problems. He was negative on admission but 4 days later starts coughing and later tests positive.

Mark cuts his hand with a saw whilst doing DIY, he goes to A&E and has to stay overnight so he can have surgery the next morning. He tests positive on admission. He leaves hospital 18 houra after coming in.

There is a HUGE difference between these cases. Yet all are classed as covid 19 hospital admissions

• Heart
Reactions: 21
fully believe the NHS/HSE staff are working themselves to the bone,
but this all feels so forced, everything about it feels forced right now and i do think its having the opposite effect to what it’s designed to do,
Absolutely. Especially if you watch Sky News, the live footage on TV is duplicated on their webpage and the story run as an article as well and they have repeated the same stories every day this week. It’s very real I can see that, but it does not have the same effect on me that it did (coming up to) a year ago.

Reactions: 1
I don’t ever remember a time when hospitals weren’t over capacity. There certainly hasn’t been a feeling that the NHS has been in control for many many years.
They’ve never had to deploy the army to help out here maybe during the troubles but not that I can remember.

Joe goes in with a broken leg, is tested as a precaution and is positive despite no symptoms. He spends a week in traction and is sent home. He is a "covid admission" for those 7 days when his covid wasn't treated at all while he was there.

Fred tests positive at home, 5 days later can't breathe and goes to hospital. He receives oxygen therapy and fluids while admitted for 5 days

Dave is in hospital with kidney problems. He was negative on admission but 4 days later starts coughing and later tests positive.

Mark cuts his hand with a saw whilst doing DIY, he goes to A&E and has to stay overnight so he can have surgery the next morning. He tests positive on admission. He leaves hospital 18 houra after coming in.

There is a HUGE difference between these cases. Yet all are classed as covid 19 hospital admissions
I’m more talking the volume of patients if it’s not due to COVID what could it be 🤷🏼‍♀️

This.
The Government present all these people as one statistic. Whereas they are completely different and, in my opinion, should be presented as such.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Some hospitals can make room for the amount of additional patients. It’s the staffing levels and areas of expertise that are an issue in many hospitals.

Reactions: 4
My mum needs a software update on her laptop to do some work (NHS). She was told they couldn't afford it... She thought it must be a few thousands of pounds. Well it was a few hundred pounds. If they can't afford a few hundreds pounds on software then they really are fucked.

There is a stark contrast between NHS healthcare system and the Canadian healthcare system (can depend on province). We pay higher taxes and it shows. It highlights how dismal healthcare is in the UK.

Reactions: 7
The thing with the hospitals and deaths is happening all over the world it’s summer in S.Africa yet their excess deaths have rocketed as have a good many other countries so it can’t be attributed to winter pressures.

If the vaccine doesn't stop transmission that's it for 2021....

Over the top scare mongering when it is the government who have killed tens of thousands of people and not the behaviour of the public....

The media relaying the government propaganda cannot make anymore clearer that is new normal they have mentioned since last year is permanent.

Reactions: 5
The thing with the hospitals and deaths is happening all over the world it’s summer in S.Africa yet their excess deaths have rocketed as have a good many other countries so it can’t be attributed to winter pressures.
My doctor is south African and when I saw him last week he was saying it is really bad there.

If the vaccine doesn't stop transmission that's it for 2021....

Over the top scare mongering when it is the government who have killed tens of thousands of people and not the behaviour of the public....

The media relaying the government propaganda cannot make anymore clearer that is new normal they have mentioned since last year is permanent.
I actually think it is vile to use adverts like that to terrify people.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I went for a walk and it was nice. Kids were just coming out of school and most of them were wearing masks walking home. Such a sad sight. I was not wearing a mask and it made me wonder if I should? I wear one outside if I am in a busy area but these are quiet suburban streets.

Reactions: 1
If adverts like this come on I will just mute or switch it over. I really don’t want my children having to see it, it’s hard enough for them as it is. Maybe a picture of himself in ICU is what Boris needs to be showing us.

Reactions: 13
It's all feeling particularly tit at the moment. I'm not sure if the fact that these new strains are potentially a lot more contagious and fatal. Or the uncertainty of when lockdown might end and schools / businesses might be safe to return. Or if the monotony and fatigue have really set in now. Probably all three, but it's definitely feeling particularly rubbish right now.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.