Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

It's going to do wonders for our own tourism if people cannot travel abroad until next year.
Not clicking because it’s the s*n but I hope to god this isn’t true. I have family abroad and I really miss them.

Reactions: 3
I think about her all the time and always look for updates. She has been in a coma for a long time now hasn’t she. I don’t fully understand, so if anyone does please tell me, will they have tried to wake her up and it’s just not working? X
I think about her all the time and always look for updates. She has been in a coma for a long time now hasn’t she. I don’t fully understand, so if anyone does please tell me, will they have tried to wake her up and it’s just not working? X
Covid lungs are horrific, the X-rays are awful. Her lungs may still be too poor to enable sufficient gas exchange on their own. The ventilator blows high pressures and oxygen in allowing her brain and other organs etc to be oxygenated and as a result carbon dioxide back out. Even with the highest pressures and 100% oxygen, the oxygen levels in the blood are still not high enough to wean anything down- in terms of oxygen or ventilator settings as the lungs are so badly damaged. Unfortunately the longer someone is on mechanical ventilation other organs begin to be affected too, heart, kidneys etc.

Obviously we don’t know exactly what is going on with this poor lady.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
yeah I agree, I hate this thing of basically being pitted against each other tbh. If having children was all negative I assume no one would choose to, equally for those who choose not to. I think as a woman with no children, and probably never will have them, I find so much that I am looked down on as selfish for not having them, and especially atm, I assume it is differnet for men
I actually think it’s as far from selfish as possible to not have children if you’re not sure you want them. I know a few women who had them because it was expected of them and they now resent their children. I also know a lady who said “I don’t want children” and hasn’t had them, she faced criticism (wrongly) but knew it wasn’t the life for her (and therefore her potential children), I don’t know how anyone can judge that as selfish?!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I actually think it’s as far from selfish as possible to not have children if you’re not sure you want them. I know a few women who had them because it was expected of them and they now resent their children. I also know a lady who said “I don’t want children” and hasn’t had them, she faced criticism (wrongly) but knew it wasn’t the life for her (and therefore her potential children), I don’t know how anyone can judge that as selfish?!
Not to get into a debate here because I sense I am in the extreme minority with my views 😅 But is there a reason for having children that isn’t selfish?! How can people say it’s selfish not to have them. Makes no sense to me personally.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.